• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Operation Obliviate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doomforyou

Failing in Battles
Username: Doomforyou
PO/PS Name: Solomon's Wisdom
Preferred PO Server: Do I have to?
5th Gen FC: Nadda
Reason for joining: ...God dammit I missed Kotsy.
How long have you been Competitively Battling: Join date?
Serebii Battle Frontier Symbols: I kinda quit...
Will you be Active: Mayyyybe
Referred By: I'll just say Kotsy

Kingothestone

Creamery Commander
Username: Doomforyou
PO/PS Name: Solomon's Wisdom
Preferred PO Server: Do I have to?
5th Gen FC: Nadda
Reason for joining: ...God dammit I missed Kotsy.
How long have you been Competitively Battling: Join date?
Serebii Battle Frontier Symbols: I kinda quit...
Will you be Active: Mayyyybe
Referred By: I'll just say Kotsy

<3 10char

still too short f u.

725roy

ambivolent
So for anyone who cares, and maybe wants to help or contribute, here's what's happening.

Scizor64, CrazyBolts and I are testing a new theory, "What if tere were a pokemon with the ability to set up a permanent Trick Room, and if so, what would happen to the metagame?" It's these questions and more that we are attempting to solve. Already We have determined pretty basic members, however our research has been limited due to the fact that we have to use TR every few turns, limiting our predictions. Either way, we are working.

That being said, If anyone would like to help us, let us know!

Yea, I've been doing some rough testing of certain pokemon and how they'd fair in a Trick Room environment, but the data is obviously skewed by the fact that pikachu725 mentioned: At the moment Trick room is not permanent.

To expand on what he said about the theory we are testing, we are going under the pretense that the fictional ability in question would function identically to weather, including the ability of other weathers activating, thus removing the permanent Trick Room. We've already considered this all with the idea of a future generation of pokemon with the ability, and giving the ability via dream world to certain families like the Clops line, Lunatone, Solrock, and the Claydol line.

Finally, we are already taking a look at certain pokemon in a Trick Room environment. I'll start saving replays to help provide some eye tests if anyone wants to get involved.

Pokemon I've looked at so far:

Offensive:
Guts Machamp
Druddigon
Mixed Emboar
Standard Donphan

Trick Room Setters (Also count as Defensive):
Reiniclus
Slowbro
Porygon2

Defensive:
Dusclops (Had Trick Room)

Last edited:

Ekans647

Strongest Shield
Username: Drizzle Milotic
PO/PS Name: I don't have PO
Preferred PO Server: I don't Play PO
5th Gen FC: 0562-4648-8841
Reason for joining: I wanted to join because I want to heighten my skills as a player become an actively known member on the fourms.
How long have you been Competitively Battling: About 6 months
Serebii Battle Frontier Symbols: None as I am a new member.
Will you be Active: I will be as active as I can be.
Referred By: The kingothestone invited me to join.

scizor64

"sciz"
Reason for joining: I wanted to join because I want to heighten my skills as a player become an actively known member on the fourms.

Welcome to the clan , enjoy your stay here!

Also, my friend Aeon from another clan wanted to say that the biggest threat to this idea of a permanent trick room setter is other weather inducers. With politoed at 2 and ttar at 7 keeping up TR as a weather will be very difficult. In addition to this, since all the pokemon on a TR team will most likely be slow, it is easy for them to get smashed by the members of an opposing weather team.

Last edited:

Kingothestone

Creamery Commander
So for anyone who cares, and maybe wants to help or contribute, here's what's happening.

Scizor64, CrazyBolts and I are testing a new theory, "What if tere were a pokemon with the ability to set up a permanent Trick Room, and if so, what would happen to the metagame?" It's these questions and more that we are attempting to solve. Already We have determined pretty basic members, however our research has been limited due to the fact that we have to use TR every few turns, limiting our predictions. Either way, we are working.

That being said, If anyone would like to help us, let us know!

Yea, I've been doing some rough testing of certain pokemon and how they'd fair in a Trick Room environment, but the data is obviously skewed by the fact that pikachu725 mentioned: At the moment Trick room is not permanent.

To expand on what he said about the theory we are testing, we are going under the pretense that the fictional ability in question would function identically to weather, including the ability of other weathers activating, thus removing the permanent Trick Room. We've already considered this all with the idea of a future generation of pokemon with the ability, and giving the ability via dream world to certain families like the Clops line, Lunatone, Solrock, and the Claydol line.

Finally, we are already taking a look at certain pokemon in a Trick Room environment. I'll start saving replays to help provide some eye tests if anyone wants to get involved.

Pokemon I've looked at so far:

Offensive:
Guts Machamp
Druddigon
Mixed Emboar
Standard Donphan

Trick Room Setters (Also count as Defensive):
Reiniclus
Slowbro
Porygon2

Defensive:
Dusclops (Had Trick Room)

Welcome to the clan , enjoy your stay here!

Also, my friend Aeon from another clan wanted to say that the biggest threat to this idea of a permanent trick room setter is other weather inducers. With politoed at 2 and ttar at 7 keeping up TR as a weather will be very difficult. In addition to this, since all the pokemon on a TR team will most likely be slow, it is easy for them to get smashed by the members of an opposing weather team.
This seems like an interesting conversation. Why not make a thread on the clan site to discuss it further?

Welcome to the clan. Come to the chat room when you can. there is a link in my signature.

Dr. Peppre

The bulk up emboar set is not listed on smogon, anywhere I can go to list it?

Here it is in full bloom: http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/rucurrent4957806

Bulk Up Emboar
Item: Leftovers
Trait: Blaze
EVs: 156 HP / 100 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Flame Charge
- Superpower
- Wild Charge
- Bulk Up
Replace superpower for brick break if running a reflect breaking set, wild charge for rest and leftovers for chesto berry if running a physical wall.

Kingothestone

Creamery Commander
The bulk up emboar set is not listed on smogon, anywhere I can go to list it?

Here it is in full bloom: http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/rucurrent4957806

Bulk Up Emboar
Item: Leftovers
Trait: Blaze
EVs: 156 HP / 100 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Flame Charge
- Superpower
- Wild Charge
- Bulk Up
Replace superpower for brick break if running a reflect breaking set, wild charge for rest and leftovers for chesto berry if running a physical wall.

There is a "rate my pokemon" subforum on our clan site. click the link in my signature to get there. Also, come to the clan chat when you can.

scizor64

"sciz"
Opponents Username: Crazybolts
Opponents Rank: Private
Win/Lose/Draw: Win
Score:3-0
Wins in Current Rank:2
Additional Comments:gg

Opponents Username: Crazybolts
Score: 5-0
Wins in Current Rank: 3
Additional Comments: GG

Last edited:

Manectrifier

AKA Treecko
Sorry for posting this so late...
Opponent's SEREBII Username:MegaMooMooMilk
Opponents Rank:sergeant
Win/Lose/Draw:win
Score:1-0
Wins in Current Rank:7
Additional Comments:gg, I had so much hax this game, it's not normal anymore.

Opponent's SEREBII Username:MegaMooMooMilk
Opponents Rank:sergeant
Win/Lose/Draw:win
Score:3-0
Wins in Current Rank:8
Additional Comments:gg, less hax than the first one....

Piexplode

The Awesome Noob
Username: Piexplode
PO/PS Name: Piexplode
Preferred PO Server: The main one of PO XD
5th Gen FC: -
Reason for joining: sounds cool, beat another clan member with Kots watching, he told me how to do this.
How long have you been Competitively Battling: A couple of weeks around the 5th gen release/dream world release.. then stopped PO, downloaded it on my current computer today.
Serebii Battle Frontier Symbols: what?
Will you be Active: mostly on weekends... usually sunday
Referred By: kingothestone

Kingothestone

Creamery Commander
Username: Piexplode
PO/PS Name: Piexplode
Preferred PO Server: The main one of PO XD
5th Gen FC: -
Reason for joining: sounds cool, beat another clan member with Kots watching, he told me how to do this.
How long have you been Competitively Battling: A couple of weeks around the 5th gen release/dream world release.. then stopped PO, downloaded it on my current computer today.
Serebii Battle Frontier Symbols: what?
Will you be Active: mostly on weekends... usually sunday
Referred By: kingothestone

Welcome to the clan. Come to the chatroom when you can.

o0oSerenityo0o

Spontanious Trainer
Opponent's SEREBII Username: Pokemazter3001
Opponents Rank: Sergeant
Score: 3-1? (Mazz forfeited)
Wins in Current Rank: 11?
Additional Comments: HOLLY CRAP!!! I beat Mazz! <3333333

On another note! DeviantMaster! Get your butt online!!! LOL :D

Doomforyou

Failing in Battles
Opponent's SEREBII Username: SaberLion1997
Score: 2-0
Wins in Current Rank: 1
Additional Comments: Stall Wars don't work on Bloody Mary.

o0oSerenityo0o

Spontanious Trainer
Opponent's SEREBII Username: Pikachu725
Opponents Rank: Lieutenant
Score: 4 -0
Wins in Current Rank: 12

Opponent's SEREBII Username: Pikachu725
Opponents Rank: Lieutenant
Win/Lose/Draw: Lose
Score: 6 -0
Wins in Current Rank: 12