1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Operation Rainfall Ends With Success

Discussion in 'Other Video Game Discussion' started by AuraChannelerChris, Jan 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AuraChannelerChris

AuraChannelerChris This is my happy face.

2. Aegon

Aegon _

Pandora's Tower was released in April last year in Europe.

3. AuraChannelerChris

AuraChannelerChris This is my happy face.

Total success!

4. Clamps

Clamps Warning: Jokes!

You do realize this entire childish whining campaign was done solely because Europe was getting something that the US wasn't?

5. Jb

Jb Tsun in the streets

Not unwarranted though. There's really no reason not to release the games over here, especially since they've already been translated and dubbed into English anyway.

6. Rakurai

Rakurai Well-Known Member

Seemed kind of justified to me, considering how noteworthy the first two somethings were.

7. Clamps

Doesn't change the fact that the entire thing was a bunch of people whining to Nintendo to localize games that they didn't even develop in the first place.

8. MidnightMelody

MidnightMelody Degrassi Student

Would of been easier to just homebrew you Wii to play region free like I did. TBH it is not illegal since I did it just for the region free aspect and not playing backups or anything

9. Jb

Jb Tsun in the streets

Yes, but they publish them. And even so, it worked. Also Operation Rainfall when to Ganbarion themselves so it's still a moot point.
    Yeah, that totally doesn't void your warranty or something. Not to mention the cost of importing would mean you're paying way more for the game.

10. Clamps

It only voids our warranty if you still have a warranty on a 6 year old system to begin with.

11. mitchman_93

mitchman_93 AND IT WAS THIS BIG!

Have fun playing it you guys, it was worth the effort. Kinda sad about the US seeing it so late cause although it wasn't exactly the greatest of games, it was interesting enough.

12. blaze boy

blaze boy Aka SamuraiDon

Doesn't Nintendo own Monolith Soft and I am pretty sure that they collaborated with Mistwalker on the development of The Last Story or at lest funded it.

13. Excitable Boy

Excitable Boy is a metaphor

I have XBC, which I loved, and TLS, which I didn't like all that much.

I was initially excited to get Pandora's Tower, but after remembering that I have no disposable income, I'm apprehensive.

14. ParaChomp

ParaChomp be your own guru

Pandora's Tower is a turn based RPG, isn't it?

15. Zibdas

Zibdas not bad

I think it's more hack-n'-slash.

16. ParaChomp

ParaChomp be your own guru

Okay. I don't know if I should get it, I loved Xenoblade but hated Last Story. I don't know if I should pick this up.

17. Clamps

What NoJ does, NoA is not required to mirror.

Not really surprising considering The Last Story is generally considered to be crap.

18. Crawley007

Crawley007 Well-Known Member

I think most people agree The Last Story is inferior to Xenoblade but it was still a pretty good game. In fact, there are a handful of things it had I wish Xenoblade did.

19. sceptile33

sceptile33 Well-Known Member

God save those souls for actually trying to make their voices heard instead of simply *****ing and complaining on internet forums!

20. ForeverFlame

ForeverFlame WATER TRUMPETS

They're all second party games, so Nintendo definitely played a part in their development. Xenoblade and Pokemon, for example, are related to Nintendo in the same way, if that puts things into perspective.

I don't think it's childish for people to want actual games for a console that they paid money for. Besides, if there was no such thing as region locking this wouldn't have happened in the first place. And since they're all second party games it was Nintendo's responsibility to localize them (Xseed had a time and a half getting The Last Story).

It's considered to be inferior to Xenoblade, the best JRPG of the generation. Literally everyone who's played it considered it to be better than Final Fantasy XIII, Square Enix's flagship JRPG this gen.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.