• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Operation Rainfall Ends With Success

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clamps

Warning: Jokes!
I think most people agree The Last Story is inferior to Xenoblade but it was still a pretty good game.

Yes, because 9/10 "It's okay" scores definitely mean a lot.

God save those souls for actually trying to make their voices heard instead of simply *****ing and complaining on internet forums!

I'll make my voice heard when they decide to not release a game that actually matters outside of its home country. You don't see me starting huge whining campaigns to get Idolm@ster brought outside of Japan, do you?

They're all second party games, so Nintendo definitely played a part in their development. Xenoblade and Pokemon, for example, are related to Nintendo in the same way, if that puts things into perspective.
Your point is? Starfy didn't come out in the west until the 4th game, and nobody seemed to care before SSBB. Same with Fire Emblem before Melee.

I don't think it's childish for people to want actual games for a console that they paid money for. Besides, if there was no such thing as region locking this wouldn't have happened in the first place. And since they're all second party games it was Nintendo's responsibility to localize them (Xseed had a time and a half getting The Last Story).
No, it would be Nintendo's right to localize them. They had no obligation to bring them to the US, no more than From Software was required to bring Metal Wolf Chaos to the Xbox, or Level-5 was required to bring the DS version of Ni No Kuni to the west, nor for Nintendo themselves to bring Shin Monshou no Nazo out outside of Japan.

Literally everyone who's played it considered it to be better than Final Fantasy XIII, Square Enix's flagship JRPG this gen.
Pfft. Like that's an accomplishment.

Last edited:

Crawley007

Not saying it was mind-blowing. A lot of the reviews were mixed. But very few said it was "crap". There would be 5 positive reviews for every negative one you find.

And if you find reviews are meaningless, then where are you getting your people think it's crap outlook? People you know?

Last edited:

Jb

Tsun in the streets
Yes, because 9/10 "It's okay" scores definitely mean a lot.
Scores don't mean anything tbh.

I'll make my voice heard when they decide to not release a game that actually matters outside of its home country. You don't see me starting huge whining campaigns to get Idolm@ster brought outside of Japan, do you?
I don't see why you're so opposed to people petitioning for games they want. Good ones at that. If people want games and the company makes a profit it's a win/win situation. You're acting like we asked for these games and just decided not to buy them. It's kinda like with Tales of Graces f, Namco was never gonna release it over here until they noticed all the fans wanting it. And it turned out good for both parties. There is nothing wrong with fans "whining" for games they want as long as they keep up their end of the bargain when all is said and done.

As for starting a campaign for the Idolm@ster, you should get right on that because the Idolm@ster is great game.

Your point is? Starfy didn't come out in the west until the 4th game, and nobody seemed to care before SSBB. Same with Fire Emblem before Melee.
So? Everyone gets introduced to new games in different way. You don't have to be fan from the beginning to have a voice.

If anything, get mad at Nintendo for region locking the console so people can't import the damn game.

sceptile33

Who are you to say whether it mattered or not? The fact that Xenoblade had such great scores, as well as it starting the fan campaign, and Nintendo actually taking the 30 seconds to localize it kinda says it mattered. Sorry no one cares about Idolma@ster.

Zazie

So 1991

The Last Story is apparently Xseed's best selling game release ever. It may not be a big enough moneymaker for NOA to consider releasing, but it's heads and shoulder above your typical niche JRPG that Xseed localizes. And the niche JRPG's Xseed normally localizes seem to matter a lot more than a game like Idolm@ster which is in an untested genre and a seemingly a big risk even for small publishers. It's not really an apt comparison at all.

I wasn't exactly enthused by Operation Rainfall back when it started either, but quite honestly it's lead to a pretty win-win situation where players could get the games while Nintendo didn't have to risk much with a potential bomb. What exactly is there to complain about here ?

The Admiral

the star of the masquerade
My final thoughts on Operation Rainfall are "hopefully this doesn't lead to anything like the backlash surrounding Adventure Time over the apparent removal of something that wasn't even in there in the first place."

Literally everyone who's played it considered it to be better than Final Fantasy XIII, Square Enix's flagship JRPG this gen.

Yes, but most people would rather eat their own feces than play Final Fantasy XIII. You're saying this like it's something to be proud of, creating something better than the St. Anger of video games.

For as much as I rip into The Binding of Isaac, that too is better than Final Fantasy XIII.

Who are you to say whether it mattered or not? The fact that Xenoblade had such great scores, as well as it starting the fan campaign, and Nintendo actually taking the 30 seconds to localize it kinda says it mattered. Sorry no one cares about Idolma@ster.

No matter the opinion, this argument -- i.e. "Who are you to say whether it mattered or not?" -- doesn't work.

The Admiral

the star of the masquerade
Do you mind elaborating? I don't really see what the problem with that argument is.

It's an infinite loop. You are in no position to deem something "important" or not if the other person isn't, either.

Or, more simply, I could say the same to you to the same effect.

MidnightScott

Super Gamer
I think it's wonderful that the game is finally getting released here. After the success of The Last Story I hope XSEED & Nintendo continue working together in the future on 3DS & Wii U. (Also, Solatorobo was translated by NOE and XSEED brought it to the US). The relationship looks really good now :)

Status
Not open for further replies.