• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Opinion on HGSS Girl?

iraqmaster

The thing is, Kris/Marina is the CRYSTAL namesake, which came out after Gold/Silver. There was no "Silver" character..

Horn Drill

ヘタリア!
No one dresses like that. The boy in Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum was rather goofy looking, but the new girl in Heart Gold and Soul Silver is possibly worse. Overalls and a poofy hat? Seriously. No one wants to go through a role playing game as a complete dork. Sure, the Crystal girl had a yarmulke, but her clothes and hair were cool.

The Johto boy's knickerbockers aren't all that stylish either, but at least his upper body is rather normal.

~Spacial_Rendation~

De Ibwis Twigga!
With that logic, they shouldn't have a girl at all then. Or animated sprites (I don't see why they wouldn't have those in those games). And if they have a Battle Tower (which they probably will) that's another thing. And communication with people around the world. All those things came from Crystal.

In any case, Johto remakes, nonetheless. And until now Kris was the girl character to play in Johto. And no one (or next to no one) would've been surprised if they used her in Hg/Ss (even though she came in Crystal). I seriously believe that.

Well the logic is that because it is a remake of Gold and Silver. They should put in a new girl. Example FRLG had a playable girl even though RBGY didn't. HGSS has a playable girl, even though the original GS didn't. We didn't get a Pikachu following you around or all the starters like in Yellew.

Clamps

Warning: Jokes!
The Johto boy's knickerbockers aren't all that stylish either, but at least his upper body is rather normal.

You don't like shorts?!?!?! But they're so comfy and easy to wear!

Lemonade

Redesigned Crystal girl or not, new girl is awesome. :D I love her hat and overalls. ♥ Maybe I'm just a dork like that.
Besides, Marina was my least favorite of the playable females. :| Leaf was prettier, May's hair was cooler, and Dawn's Platinum outfit is just...better. I don't hate Marina though, her clothes look most similar to my own. I could cosplay her if I tried hard enough.

Horn Drill

ヘタリア!
You don't like shorts?!?!?! But they're so comfy and easy to wear!

lol I always wear shorts, even in the winter!

[IMG200]http://www.serebii.net/heartgoldsoulsilver/female.jpg[/IMG200]

Those, however, are not shorts. I don't know what they are. lol

Tomato-kun

I'm clueless ♥
I love Heart/Soul.

She just seems..I don't know,awesome?

Though,didn't they say they had an idea for a female playable character in Gold and Silver,but never added her? That may be who Soul is based off.
But,nobody can find the sketches so..

Or,maybe she's based off Ritchie's,that playable boy from Stadium 2,female counterpart.

Anyway,I love Soul,and the way she dresses. She's just to cute. I've never been a fan of Kris,but I like her too.

Chelc

I used to think she was ok but now I just find her to be really bland in comparison to the other girls. =\ I don't know but I much prefer Kris over her.

Horn Drill said:
No one dresses like that. The boy in Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum was rather goofy looking, but the new girl in Heart Gold and Soul Silver is possibly worse. Overalls and a poofy hat? Seriously. No one wants to go through a role playing game as a complete dork. Sure, the Crystal girl had a yarmulke, but her clothes and hair were cool.

lol, this post sums up my thoughts exactly.

Horn Drill

ヘタリア!
lol, this post sums up my thoughts exactly.

I'm flattered. XD

Usually, if I get both versions, I'll play through the first time as a boy, and then the second time as a girl, but I really don't want to be a girl in HGSS now. :(

Journeyman

…… …… …… ▼
Overalls do not make a girl attractive. *looks at various farm girls* Um, scratch that...

Jink

DY-NO-MITE
No. Just no.
Those socks and overalls...

What's wrong the the insanely short skirts and coats like what Dawn had?

Rayquaza Master777

#1 May Fanboy
I agree with the people who prefer Marina. I prefer her too. But I do like What's-her-name.

swalot=yes

<-Get in ma bella!
*facepalm* This obviously goes in the heartgold/soulsilver discussion. I like marina, because I don't like the new person's hat.

While it does make sense to have a different female from the one used in Crystal...I think they could've styled her to fit in more with the way the styled Gold and Crystal.

She looks like the demented love child of Mario and Strawberry Shortcake.

L.M.A.O. You made my day with this quote.

I prefer Marina too, even if she wasn't in G/S they could have styled the new girl better than that...

Jun's Heracross

Battle Ace
She's got nothing on Blue, crys, sapphire, or platinum, but she'll do, the hat is ridiculous though.

LegendaryRotom

I love Heart/Soul.
Wait, wait, wait...
..her (fan) name's Soul?

I swear this SOUL;)SILVER game just keeps getting better and better.

Anyway, I like the new girl's design, especially the hat. I have a super-puffy one with a bow just like it. ^__^ She still reminds me of Maka, though...

minredd

Cartoonist
She looks like the demented love child of Mario and Strawberry Shortcake.
I love you.

I don't mind her too much, I even kinda like the poofy hat, but anyone else see a pattern? Blue, brown, blue, brown. At this rate the 5th gen girl with have blue hair. And I was so rooting for a blonde to be the HG/SS girl D: Or at least some color other then blue or brown.