1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Opinion on upcoming YGO GX packs

Discussion in 'Alternate TCG Discussion' started by Mr.MimeMan, Jan 26, 2006.

1. Mr.MimeMan

Mr.MimeMan Guest

Since the new Yugioh GX packs are coming out, which one would you want to get most, and why. The packs are Jaden Yuki, and Chazz Princeton. The Jaden Yuki packs have a whole bunch of elemental heros and a new one called elemental hero steam healer. The Chazz Princeton ones have the dragon tanks and the armed dragons LV 3, 5, 7, and yes a new one LV 10.

So just post your feelings about them, and which one you prefer and why.

2. ~RaikouRider243~

~RaikouRider243~ Lightning Swordsman

I'm looking forward to easy-to-get XYZ parts and XYZ itself.

I'm waiting for the next tier of duelist packs where we could be getting OMG COMMON CYBER DRAGON RUN FOR YOUR LIVES LOL

3. Tamer Zack

Tamer Zack SPP forgotten member

Waiting for Armed Dragon LV 10 so I can combined him with Ojama Trio and Magic Thorn for some extra damage against the opponent LP.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2006
  4. The Requiem

The Requiem Wanna?Slash

common-er E-Heros = I will build my E-Hero deck. Maybe. idk. Probably not.

I want that fraggin luck mallet. Because its a better reload. Because I can.

5. Jupetta

Jupetta Oh, hells nah!

Agreed, that is really the only thing that I am looking forward to.
    ;354;~Dark Magician~;354;

6. Raito

Raito HADOUKEN!

Luck Mallet and easier E-Heros and Armed Decks

7. Love Hina Fan

Love Hina Fan December Third...

The Promos. I have everything I need in these packs in OCG form, the only thing I want are those Special Variants. I hope they are good.

8. Phaedra

Phaedra IS THAT PAM GRIER??

Hear, hear.

The one card I want is Inferno Reckless Summon. I might just attempt a Burn deck with this card... triple Solar Flare Dragons, Solemns, and Dark Room of Nightmare. yow-ZA.

9. The Requiem

The Requiem Wanna?Slash

wait, what variants?

10. Haruka's Swimsuit

Haruka's Swimsuit Bomberhead 18-kin!

Personally, I want both packs.
    I need Steam Healer for my Dragon Hero deck and I wouldn't mind Armed Dragon LV 10 either (since I already have 5 and 7). Add to that, Defence Ring, Magic Mallet, a Normal Rare Negate Attack, common Draining Shield, and a handful of other commoned cards and I'd say these packs are going to be great.
    The only downside is the lowered card count in the packs, but I suppose with only 30 cards in either pack, if they had kept the same pack size, it would play havoc with the pull rarity...

11. Aquadon

Aquadon TCG Trainer

I'm gonna love the Chazz pack. I need LV10 and LV7 to complete my Armed Dragon deck, and this pack makes it possible.

Now to find a scale to get them... the odds of pulling the foils WILL be tremendous.

12. Love Hina Fan

Love Hina Fan December Third...

These GX packs are supposed to come in a Special Edition like SOI. It will have 4 cards which are variants.

13. rsano33

rsano33 Guest

what are the variants going to be anyone know?

14. ~RaikouRider243~

~RaikouRider243~ Lightning Swordsman

Hopefully one will be cyber dragon. We need more of those. There aren't enough in circulation.

15. Raito

Raito HADOUKEN!

There aren't? I have three.

16. onix lord

onix lord Well-Known Member

The Jaden Pack will help me tremendously. So far I don't have any of the fusions, and with this pack it will be alot easier to get four of them. And I might consider getting a few Chazz packs just for Luck Mallet as trading bait for my friend whos trying to create an Exodia deck.

17. The Requiem

The Requiem Wanna?Slash

*hits you with a common sense hammer*

NO. Just..NO.

Its already overrated, and you want it to be overly easy to get!? Okay, in that case, lets make DDA and DD warrior a variant too..

Overused cards should NOT ever be variants..

18. Phaedra

Phaedra IS THAT PAM GRIER??

Word on the street says that it will actually be 3 cards, and they will be new, not variant.

I'm guessing Mudballman and the two leftover Duel Disk promos (not including Blockman), but we won't know until the packs hit the shelves.

And if we ever see another set of Duelist Packs (I'm thinking Chronos and Ryo would be the perfect canadiates), you better bet your sweet *** that Cyber Dragon's going to see a drop in rarity...

19. Kazuki Mirai

Kazuki Mirai Well-Known Member

Get out of the way, Reload, here comes Lucky Mallet. And plus my Armed Dragons for my dragon deck. X3 I rarely have any attention on the Jaden pack due to the theme's downsides. I'm getting myself an Armed Dragon LV7 and LV10, booyah!

20. FireKero!

FireKero! SWABLR

I say Manjyome has the better set of cards of the two. You've got xyz/vwxyz, ojama, armed dragon, hell, everything you'd want. Not to mention Luckey Mallet. Thank God for that card....whatever it does....

Armed Dragon decks *such as mine* Are gonna be going for LV10 for the sheer coolness of it. Can't wait to drop it on the field against my opponent. So friggin' kewl. Not to mentioin about 4 different deck themes can be made with easy now that the star cards have fallen in rarity.

judai has some okay cards too. Mostly Negate Attack and Steam Healer.

I guess I'll just pick up a box of Manjyome one time, and get Judai another...

Wait, here's something that I just saw over on pojo. It's not anywhere else in this thread, so...

What do you guys think?

Last edited: Feb 2, 2006