• Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

OPINION: Should the Noble bosses be nerfed?

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
The fact u can continue from the point u were beaten is a nerf

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
I think their increasing difficulty is great. So personally, I don't want them to be nerfed. I've never had this much challenge in a Pokemon game before (which aren't actual Pokemon trainer battles).

In my experience so far, the only ones I've had trouble with were Electrode and Avalugg. But that's because I'm too impatient. I was too eager to diminish their bars as low as I can as quickly as possible. When I took my time, everything was a breeze.

Superskull85

Darkside Trainer
I think their increasing difficulty is great. So personally, I don't want them to be nerfed. I've never had this much challenge in a Pokemon game before (which aren't actual Pokemon trainer battles).

In my experience so far, the only ones I've had trouble with were Electrode and Avalugg. But that's because I'm too impatient. I was too eager to diminish their bars as low as I can as quickly as possible. When I took my time, everything was a breeze.
I think that last part of your post sums up why Nobles should remain as they are. Noble fights have a sequence.

1) Dodge their attacks / make them hit something
2) Throw out a pokemon that is mega effective against it
3) Throw balms without being interrupted
4) Repeat.

Without needing to throw balms while also dodging, these fights become much easier since you can match your pokemon against their weaknesses before you throw it.

That said, I wouldn't mind seeing modes that are more like Palkia/Dialga or where you have to throw balms while also dodging them (and battle them at the same time).

Tsukuyomi56

Artistic Flair
Don't think the Noble Pokemon should be nerfed, it is somewhat refreshing they can be quite challenging (Electrode is the only that I needed to continue on, Arcanine and Avalugg gave some trouble too). For those that like a challenge, perhaps a tougher rematch is avaliable once you beat the first rematch in the post-game.

PCN24454

I think it’d be cool if they worked like Totem Pokémon and sometimes summoned other Pokémon to help them.

Electrode kinda did that.

Ignition

Traptwig solos your favorite anime
I think it’d be cool if they worked like Totem Pokémon and sometimes summoned other Pokémon to help them.

Electrode kinda did that.
This was what I was hoping. The balm thing got old after Lilligant for me and would’ve liked some strategy with the Pokémon. The closest we have to that (besides Electrode) was the lake trio having 3 Alphas but they don’t fight with them

Blood Red

【推しの子】
The bosses were nowhere near challenging enough to require a nerf imo. As it is, you get the option to reload; making them even easier would turn 'em into filler content at best, a waste of time at worst. Might as well just make it a cutscene.

Trillion

nah i think they're fine as they are

arcanine was a challenge though. that's when i found out you could continue where you left off. that's enough of a nerf imo

avalugg was a bit of a challenge too. but that's only because my pokeballs kept bouncing back at me when it was time to battle and i'd miss my chance

Pokefan_1987

I hate the Rotom-Dex.
I think Hisuian Arcanine needs to be nerfed. Unless there's a way to get past the fire it forms in the final moments of the battle.
Yeah either the player roll needs to be more efficient or Arcanine's speed be slowed down because the hazards in the Volcano Arena are too big. If they disappeared between intervals it could be better.

Hisuian Electrode and Avalugg are far more manageable fights.

Goyangi

Absolutely not. I already feel like the game is too nice to you by letting you pick up where you left off.

That being said, I think they should allow the Charms to work in the boss fight. It's weird how they shut off there despite being the place you'd most likely use them.
No, it's good that the game lets you pick up where you left off. Games should be fun, not hard. The boss fights are NOT fun. At all. Therefore, they should ABSOLUTELY be nerfed. You're just a try-hard who thinks that people who get overwhelmed by over-the-top bosses are weak.

Goyangi

I lost to a Hisuian Arcanine 10 times in one night and earlier 5 times vs Kleavor since i had no high level water types. But Arcanine's speed and attack frequency can be overwhelming. The game occasionally glitches and you are unable to launch pokemon at it and stuck tossing balms.

So does anyone think if they should be nerfed such as

My ideas are

-Modify the some of the arenas Arcanine's arena is one of the worst in terms of safe areas. He was literally able to keep stomp on me when his fire ring was active and i was unable to escape when he dashes into me and i'm on my last health.

-Give the player 6 hitpoints instead of 3

- Nerf how the boss behavior patterns such as speed

- Increase the damage that balms do, no matter the distance.

- Always have a bigger time window to launch a pokemon against it (These fight back opportunities should not be glitching out a render the player more vulnerable)
Yes, they should be nerfed. There is no reason they shouldn't be. I can't even beat Arceus because of the lack of healing or charms. All of these suggestions should be implemented, if not by an official update, then by mods. Any modders here who can make the boss fights less of an absolute nightmare?

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
Arceus definitely needs a nerf. It attacks way too quickly that it is nearly impossible to get close enough to a good aim to throw the Balm at it without the shockwaves hitting you.

Yes, they should be nerfed. There is no reason they shouldn't be. I can't even beat Arceus because of the lack of healing or charms. All of these suggestions should be implemented, if not by an official update, then by mods. Any modders here who can make the boss fights less of an absolute nightmare?
I personally found the bosses enjoyable. Especially Arceus as it is one of the few times I feel like a Pokémon game asks of you to actually learn the opponent's attacks instead of being able to bruteforce it. None of the moves felt cheap once you learned the timings and how to best position yourself. I get that some people do not enjoy it but I don't think it makes much sense to say that the fights are not fun period.
Granted it is still possible to bruteforce them through the revival mechanic, and I think it's fair to offer a way to make them easier. Although I do not feel like it was that well implemented. I know that at least I would not feel much enjoyment out of continuously being revived and beating the bosses that way.
I do agree that things like the charms should be functional during the battle though, so that people who want to use them have the ability to do so. Stuff like that can make the fights easier for those who want it while still leaving them with a sense of accomplishment once the boss is beaten.

Akashin

Arceus definitely needs a nerf. It attacks way too quickly that it is nearly impossible to get close enough to a good aim to throw the Balm at it without the shockwaves hitting you.
Arceus is about finding the rhythm of its attacks and timing your counterattacks around that. You should never be throwing when there’s a shockwave incoming in the first place.

It’s hard, but given its role in the game, it is exactly as hard as I wanted and expected it to be.

Goyangi

Arceus is about finding the rhythm of its attacks and timing your counterattacks around that. You should never be throwing when there’s a shockwave incoming in the first place.

It’s hard, but given its role in the game, it is exactly as hard as I wanted and expected it to be.
Clearly you have an abnormally fast reaction time.

Akashin

Clearly you have an abnormally fast reaction time.
I wouldn't call it abnormal... I would say that Arceus was one of the most fun boss fights I've had since learning the rhythm to the Xion boss fight in the Kingdom Hearts 3 DLC, so maybe it comes more down to enjoying that sort of challenge.

Goyangi

I would say that Arceus was one of the most fun boss fights I've had... so maybe it comes more down to enjoying that sort of challenge.
You're not me. You're you. I HATE Arceus's boss fight. When you get hit, you just lie on the ground like a zombie, which signs a death warrant for you.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Arcanine's the only one that gave me actual trouble. I lost to Electrode the first time by dodging the wrong way but Arcanine's lighting the arena on fire was difficult to deal with since it tends to strand you exactly where it's going to charge at. The others I all beat on the first try. Haven't gotten to Arceus itself yet though.

And, uh, sorry if this sounds dumb, but what's a charm?

Last edited: