• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Opinions on Pokémon Gen 6 and 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

aswarola8

I've noticed that people think X and Y aren't as good as other Pokémon games, and sometimes people think the same thing about the all of the Gen 6 games (so including ORAS). The same goes for the Gen 7, but mostly Gen 6.

I don't need reasons or anything (but feel free to post them if you want to), but for those that have this opinion (or simillar opinion, can also be for another gen), do you think the games are actually bad, or still good/fun but not as good as other Pokémon games?

Asking this because my favorite games in the series (apart from HGSS) are X and Y, and I was just curious.

Mark_Eire

I think I'm with you. I enjoy most Pokémon games really, but I think X and Y are my favorites.

I really enjoyed the pacing working my way through the game. The split Pokédex into the three regions was really good fun, it made completing the Pokédex seem more manageable. I really enjoyed the new experience share mechanics. I had my main 6 decided fairly early on if I remember right, but I constantly rotated my team. I started to bring only 1 or 2 of them at a time, rotating the other slots to train and evolve Pokémon as I played rather than just at the post game. I felt I had a nice difficulty level right the way to the end of the game.
Ending really made me tear up a bit too. I never expect to get the Eternal Floette, it wouldn't feel right.

Post-game for me was perfect. I enjoyed the extra bit of story. Breeding for IV's never seemed accessible to me before Gen 6 but I started to get into it. I loved all the unique tournaments, like the spooky cup, where I could start to understand competitive mechanics. I also loved that I got cool event pokemon for participating and not just BP!
Going online to get all the Friend Safari's was good fun. Interacting with more people online than I ever did before. Vivillon as a Pokémon perfectly encapsulates this. Got a Shiny Vivillon from a South American player for my Shiny Irish Garden pattern. Being able to get almost all the hidden abilities was a nice challenge too.

I shouldn't go on too long rambling! As a long time player, I also really loved that this generation had the 20th anniversary events. I never felt I would ever get half of those mythical Pokémon and suddenly I could realistically get them all, and finally completed a national Pokédex. I hadn't done that since Gen 1.

Still playing today. Maybe it is just me, but the PSS for online is by far and away the best online implementation. I can still run around waiting to trade, share O-powers, hatch eggs faster, etc.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I think X/Y were middling, although I liked OR/AS. X/Y were the first full 3D Pokemon games for a handheld console, so I can understand why they had flaws that needed to be worked out, although it doesn't change the fact that the story line present in the Kalos games didn't interest me. Unlike most other players however, I wasn't eager for "Z version", so I was glad that Game Freak moved on instead of giving X/Y a continuation.

TwilightBlade

The thing is that I remember alot of players liking X and Y more when they first came out but then over time people began pointing out the faults in those games. I think maybe it was the release of ORAS a year later and the eventual release of Sun and Moon that caused X and Y to be looked down upon. :[

RedBlastoise

Cerulean Blues
I played X again recently just because I felt curious about how the game would seem to me after all these years and man I can see why a lot of players don't like generation six. X and Y don't have enough replay value unless you like the Battle Maison. :(

Venomshock

I like X/Y but they aren't my favorite 3DS games those would be Sun/Moon. What I liked about X/Y was the Friend Safari and I wished OR/AS had its own Friend Safari instead of the regular Safari Zone.

Status
Not open for further replies.