• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Opinions on Side Game & Anime-Only Locations

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
As of now, Pokémon Journeys has only been covering locations based around the eight regions from the main series. There have been a few generic locations like Dragonite Island, but everything has still been confined to Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, Unova, Kalos, Alola, & Galar.

However, since Journeys has been shown to cover other aspects of the Pokémon franchise like Go or a few of the mobile games & memes (as shown through their two-part episodes), what if the show decided to stray away from the main series and introduce areas from the side games like the Orre region from Colosseum or the Ferrum region from Pokkén Tournament? Additionally, they can take events from Pokémon Go to make new locations based on those concepts, only introducing them as anime-exclusive areas without mentioning what region they’re in.

For example, they could’ve made a fashion-oriented city based on Milan or Barcelona to reference the recent Fashion Week in Pokémon Go. They could then include a character like Nessa or Elesa for Ash to battle, while Goh catches one of the pokémon you can obtain from Fashion Week like the Croagunk with the backwards hat.

Do you think it would be a good idea for Journeys to try this out so that it feels like Ash & Go are traveling all over the world, or should they just stick to the eight mainline regions?

Last edited:

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I wouldn't mind seeing one of the regions from spinoffs but I'd prefer they do that in a saga like Orange Islands or Battle Frontier where they're killing time until the next generation, that way the region can get more than just a "Hey, it exists!" filler episode and get some coverage. Like Ash is taking part in some battling competition there, bonus points if Shadow Lugia/Mewtwo makes an appearance

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
I'd love to see a visit to Almia some day. The region of Guardian Signs seems quite lively as well.

Mirage707

TPC simping for mobile cash shop money since 2016.
Rather they revisit movie locations or game locations that wasn't well covered in their original series. Worst part of Journeys is all the Go crap. Mobile games and stuff not developed by GameFreak should not make it to the main show. Stick them to specials and shorts where they belong.

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
Personally, I'd love to see the Orre region or any other side game content. We're not above referencing mobile game content, so I can't see why we can't add them.
For example, they could’ve made a fashion-oriented city based on Milan or Barcelona to reference the recent Fashion Week in Pokémon Go
Technically, we already have a Barcelona since Alamos Town is basically the city.

Mobile games and stuff not developed by GameFreak should not make it to the main show.
By this logic, we should have never had the Pokemon Rangers or Todd Snap ever added since none of those games were not developed by Game Freak. Not to mention, film locations tend to be original locations and not developed by Game Freak either.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
Rather they revisit movie locations or game locations that wasn't well covered in their original series. Worst part of Journeys is all the Go crap. Mobile games and stuff not developed by GameFreak should not make it to the main show. Stick them to specials and shorts where they belong.
Then I wonder why Pokemon Rangers and Todd Snap of all people debuted in the anime. This logic makes zero sense. And movie locations are entirely original and have no connection to the main series games.

Last edited:

Leonhart

Imagineer
Mirage707 said:
Mobile games and stuff not developed by GameFreak should not make it to the main show. Stick them to specials and shorts where they belong.

I personally enjoyed a lot of the aspects of the spin-off games, particularly Pokemon Ranger. So I had no problem with the various Ranger games that were promoted in the anime since it was interesting to see characters that weren't trainers, but who still had careers involving Pokemon.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
I'd love to see shadow Pokémon introduced into the anime, esp since they are in Go too. Don't care for Orre tho, as brilliant of a game Pokémon colloseum and gale of darkness were, Orre is such a bland uninteresting region

Nikita Dracovish

THE NUMBERS, MASON!

Z4ITA5K.jpg

That would be cool to see Orre Region in mainline Anime but can they cover that region? I mean Fanfiction.net exists for a good reason, Look at Ash's Orre Journey made by TheBreadghost and They should have done it back during Hoenn region.

Leonhart

Imagineer
KirliaToon50 said:
That would be cool to see Orre Region in mainline Anime but can they cover that region? I mean Fanfiction.net exists for a good reason, Look at Ash's Orre Journey made by TheBreadghost and They should have done it back during Hoenn region.

I always wanted to see that region in the anime, although I can sort of understand why it wasn't explored back in AG since there were most likely time constraints.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Some anime only locations I think would have been interesting to see in their respective region’s games particularly the Poképolis ruins where the ancient giant Pokémon were found. Those ruins would have been far more interesting to explore than the Ruins of Alph which were rather underwhelming. I get that Alph was a side town with an optional quest but the way the buildings that remained were set up, it feels like there should have been far more importance to them than what we were given. Neon Town would have also been fun to explore and go clothing and accessory shopping in the Let’s Go games as a substitute for the Rocket Game Corner mini game being taken out for regions outside of Japan. Take out any references to gambling and you basically have a flashier Nimbasa City and great in game messages about your Partner and following Pokémon enjoying the sights and wanting to go on some rides like a roller coaster and Ferris wheel.

I always wanted to see that region in the anime, although I can sort of understand why it wasn't explored back in AG since there were most likely time constraints.
Still, Orre Region in Mainline Pokemon Anime-verse would have been a cool idea, but it was too late to re-promote Pokemon Colosseum and Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness Again, I can't imagine it being used in Mainline Pokemon Anime without putting dark themes in it.

To answer OP's idea:
That would have been cool if they were re-explored and Introduce Almia in Mainline Pokemon Anime but Anime-Exclusive Locations? well... what is Location of Brindille Town again? They never mentioned the location But going by Pokemon X and Y series, It's likely Galar or a new region. I know that will never happen because "marketing" (Which I dislike that excuse)

Edit: I know that Inakano Town's Dub name will never be revealed because The Pokemon Company can't think of a name to call it but I can call it Ithaca Town for now because I'm an American.

Last edited:

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
The Orre Region itself is way too barren to for the Anime to explore. It has next to no Pokémon besides the ones that you have to steal.

What made Colosseum and XD so good were the interesting plotlines and characters. And the fact that they were more darker than the usual Pokémon games.
(At least at that point in time. Sun/Moon's plotline may have surpassed them in terms of Dark tone imo)

But the Region by itself is... not great.

Last edited:

Leonhart

Imagineer
Mythical-Moonlight said:
The Orre Region itself is way too barren to for the Anime to explore. It has next to no Pokémon besides the ones that you have to steal.

I still think it would've been more interesting as a setting for the second half of AG instead of the writers revisiting Kanto and barely showing any previously seen places or characters. The various colosseums in Ore could've served as pseudo-Gyms for Satoshi.