• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Opinions regarding vegetarianism

larynx

I myself am a vegetarian, and have been for two years. I'm kind of curious as to what people's thinking is when it comes to veggies (the people).

Some believe that people are made to eat meat, others don't. Let's see some opinions.

Let's DEBATE IT!

...anything about it, really.

Alloute

Not Banned
Why does it matter? People can eat whatever they please. If you are a vegetarian, that's great! If you are not, then that's cool too.

However, eating just meat can be bad, and not eating meat has bad results also.

larynx

Why does it matter? People can eat whatever they please. If you are a vegetarian, that's great! If you are not, then that's cool too.

However, eating just meat can be bad, and not eating meat has bad results also.

That's how I feel, but it's odd how much opposition there is to it.
It's insane.
Not eating meat can have bad results, if you aren't watching what you're eating. Iron and protein intake and such.

Humans are made to be omnivores, a being who eats vegetables and other animals.

I have nothing against being vegetarian, but it can bring some bad consequences (As well as being only a carnivore, though these are rare) if you are strictly vegetarian, and not eating things like milk(calcium), eggs(protein) or any other non-meat animal product.
It's pretty senseless when you refuse to eat eggs (they are sterile, no chick is going to come out of them), or milk (That's the whole purpose of it)

EDIT: Rank Up!!

Last edited:

Raikou_fan

Animals were put here for mans use, for some that includes being food. It's mans choice as to whether he wants to eat them or not though.

I see nothing wrong with vegetarians, but I'de NEVER be one lol. No meat and other animal products would deprive a person of alot of nutrients he needs.

muumajii23

Personally, not my cup of tea. I love meat too much to give it up...

But, I'm not against it in the slightest. I've heard it's healthy for you if you keep the nutrients up that you normally get from meat.

Someone said to me that humans aren't actually supposed to digest meat. Our stomachs can't break it down properly or something... I think she was misinformed, so can anyone verify for me?

Alloute

Not Banned
Personally, not my cup of tea. I love meat too much to give it up...

But, I'm not against it in the slightest. I've heard it's healthy for you if you keep the nutrients up that you normally get from meat.

Someone said to me that humans aren't actually supposed to digest meat. Our stomachs can't break it down properly or something... I think she was misinformed, so can anyone verify for me?

I heard that meat cannot be digested properly too.

Anyway, this isn't a debate, everyone kinda agrees lol.

snare

DEATH STARE.
Well if everyone agrees, than I guess I'll have to be "that guy".

Vegetarianism is a vile act of human nature that goes against the natural order which has been set for our species. What you are doing is sick, wrong and morally corrupt. I weep for our children who are forced to live in a world that not only accepts such acts, but encourages them as well!

Millions of vegetables are forced to grow up in unsanitary conditions, sometimes they are literally covered in feces. They are separated from their families, leaving the young to fend for themselves. Why does this have to happen? Why do millions of people support this industry? Ever hear of a compassion?

:]

larynx

It's pretty senseless when you refuse to eat eggs (they are sterile, no chick is going to come out of them), or milk (That's the whole purpose of it

Only problem with eating eggs, is the source, and the conditions of the laying hens.
Sadly, many animals die and live in poor conditions for the dairy industry. It's odd, humans are apparently the only animals that seek milk from other animals, even after being weened.

Actually, she was right. The fact that we don't have the enzymes to deal with most raw meat is due to this. Also, when you digest meat, there are still bits of it left in your colon. Plus, it takes humans much longer to digest and get rid of meat from our bodies.

Well if everyone agrees, than I guess I'll have to be "that guy".

Vegetarianism is a vile act of human nature that goes against the natural order which has been set for our species. What you are doing is sick, wrong and morally corrupt. I weep for our children who are forced to live in a world that not only accepts such acts, but encourages them as well!

Millions of vegetables are forced to grow up in unsanitary conditions, sometimes they are literally covered in feces. They are separated from their families, leaving the young to fend for themselves. Why does this have to happen? Why do millions of people support this industry? Ever hear of a compassion?

:]

You've made me realize my terrible ways. I'm off to go eat myself some cow.
In all reality, it'd probably make me sick now. I'm not used to it anymore.
That's not to say that I don't miss some meat dishes every once in a while.
I reallllly miss fish sushi.

muumajii23

This is a terrible debate guys... xD

I really should attempt to try it, just to see if I can.

larynx

Heh, it's nice to know people here aren't aggressively like, "vegetarianism is pointless and bad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1", but at the same time, it makes for crappy debates that way.
Oh well.
I think I've been around my peers for too long, I'm expecting more anger out of people.

Robster

Cascade Trainer
I have nothing against being vegetarian, but it can bring some bad consequences (As well as being only a carnivore, though these are rare) if you are strictly vegetarian, and not eating things like milk(calcium), eggs(protein) or any other non-meat animal product.
It's pretty senseless when you refuse to eat eggs (they are sterile, no chick is going to come out of them), or milk (That's the whole purpose of it)

EDIT: Rank Up!!

This is just the kind of ignorance which pisses me off. A strict VEGETARIAN does eat dairy products, a VEGAN does not. How bloody difficult is it? While we're on the subject, vegetarians do not eat fish - someone who excludes all meat but fish from their diet is a PESCETARIAN (this misconception I can understand, given that a lot of pescetarians call themselves vegetarians, but they are wankers for doing so). However, I have never met a vegan who calls themself a vegetarian, so there's no real justification for that.

.TraX.

Bad and Nationwide

That's not vegetarian you're describing, it's vegan.

Poliwag2

ship it holla
Any nutrition from meat can be substituted within a vegetarian diet. However, this is costly in comparison and inefficient. It boils down to a preference. What more is there to say?

Opinion wise, I think vegetarians predominantly choose their diet for the wrong (emotional) reasons, are possibly irrational, often hypocritical, and are missing out.

Last edited:

Jhonny

Officially The Worst
Basically, if you think that causing suffering is wrong, then eating meat is wrong. The fact that you've reasoned that it's fine because other animals do it does a disservice to our human ability to reason, whereas the belief that we have the privileged status of protecting our own from harm but legitimizing causing harm to other species' is arrogant and speciesist.

Just playing Devil's avocado though, coz i luv meet.

Jhonny

Officially The Worst
Does not compute. DUCY?

Show me how "causing suffering" is synonymous with "eating meat", and spare me the normative emotional mumbo jumbo.

I was referring to eating meat as it usually goes right now. If it's obvious that animals that are bred for eating didn't suffer because of this then the argument wouldn't hold any ground, but since many obviously do, then supporting that would be morally wrong. Ofcourse, there is more to vegetarianism than that, otherwise if killing humans were done without suffering, then there would never be anything wrong with that. What is it that gives us a right to life but not other animals.

And somebody else should probably pick this up at some point since I will be misrepresenting arguments since I'm A: lazy and B: picking ribs out of my teeth.

Hera+

Vegetarians are all evil. I am the carnivorez.

Hera+

Also milk and cheese are awesome. But eggs aren't, so we have no reason to keep these stupid chickens around.