• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Opinions that most people won't like/isn't mainstream

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tend to be someone who has opinions that are often the opposite of the general mainstream opinions that everyone has. For example, pretty much 95% of the internet prefers to watch subbed anime, whereas I only watch dubbed and actually think that the original Japanese VA's aren't as good as the english ones.

Do you have an opinion that few will agree with and that most people won't like? Post 'em here.

Here's some of mine:

1. As stated before, I prefer dubbed anime over subbed/raw anime. Honestly, the English voice actors give a more attractive and sexier voice for most female characters, whereas the Japanese sound like 12-year-old girls. Not joking. I was watching the dubbed version of The Future Diary / Mirai Nikki, and when I heard Yuno's original japanese VA (I accidentally watch a few seconds of subbed when trying to find the latest episode dubbed) I couldn't believe my ears.
2. I find movie adaptions to be more enjoyable than the original books. It may be just me growing up in this generation, but I'd prefer a visual and I wanna SEE what's happening. I'm not very creative/imaginative, if I create something it will most likely use official resources.
3. Generation III was the best generation, to hell with Generation I.
4. Sonic '06 was actually a great game, and my second favorite game in the Sonic series, the first being Sonic Adventure DX which was an amazing game.
5. I'd prefer to play an FPS that centers around a realistic war. I'd rather play any of the Modern Warfare games over Black Ops I or II since the latter is purely fictional.
6. Gurren Lagann isn't as good as everyone believes it to be (Aside from the patriotism and fads which it spawned, still use those today)
7. Tumblr is for emotionally broken 16-year-old girls. I have a Tumblr myself but I never really use it.
8. Fallout 3 sucked because of the ending.
9. Generation IV introduced some of the most overrated mons in existence (Lucario, Electivire, Scizor, Infernape etc.)
10. This current generation of time sucks balls.

Last edited:
I tend to like watching dubbed anime more, I like MLPFiM, I don't think Attack on Titan is all it's cracked up to be, I like K-ON! more than Clannad, Evangelion or Attack on Titan there are probably others but they're not coming to me at the moment, I'll probably think of them later.

SilverChiko

Protect The Smiles!
I love music of the 80's and I hate most of today's music because in my opinion a lot of it is horrible, very horrible.

Whut?!

Pikachu is so clichè i mean he's a tiny mouse that can use thunderbolt. Most thunk he is Poke mon there's 100's of other but no pick the useless mouse to be the “poke mon“ icon

Klizcool

GARBAGE DAY?!?!
I hate Call of Duty and PewDiePie with a burning passion.
I also think reading is ****ing fun.
I use to hate My Little Pony. As you can see, that has changed.

Kamran11

I dont follow any organized religion and i look at life differently than a lot of people.

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
Let's see,

-I LOVE reading, especially fantasy, but over the top fantasy sits bad with me.
-I like MLP: FiM XD
-Pikachu is one of my favorite pokemon despite all the hate with it being, "the most popular pokemon". I've always liked Pikachu : ) Oh, and Charmander too.
-I like dub more than sub, but it really depends on the voices/anime. I'm not going to say all sub or dub is bad. I just go with whichever I like better, but I prefer dub since it's in my native language.
-When I like something, I like it casually most of the time. I don't know why, but most of the time I don't get like super excited over things, I get really interested. (that doesn't mean I don't get excited, I just know how to control myself most times) Like with the Twilight series. When it became popular, I read them casually, thought it was original and then casually dropped it when the girls overobsessed about it. (The real reason for me dropping it was that it got too depressing)

Uhhh, I can't think of anymore right now, but if I do, I'll be back.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
I enjoy spiders. Most are cool, some are cute. All are fascinating.

http://bugguide.net/images/cache/BQ...KC0SKEKPQZSMK1KIKAK4K1KBQC0HKAKAQY0NQTK4K.jpg
^ cute white fuzzy jumping spider

Yeah, spiders are interesting. Same with scorpions, though I wouldn't want to be near one for long.

I think this thread should be elsewhere, but meh :p.

Basically I have mostly traditional opinions, so take that as you will as the list will be pretty long. I also have a bit of a biased opinion toward how the romance genre is handled these days, like how apparently for it to be a romance the love interests gotta have sex for the sake of it. I seriously don't know many romance stories in which sex has a much more important, and intimate role, and so I typically will cringe/wrinkle my nose when the characters start going at it and it doesn't change a thing about the story. Really, in most cases you can take out the sex and the story wouldn't lose anything.

Also, on the subject of anime dubs and subs, I don't really have a preference. I feel that as long as the emotions and atmosphere are still there, I will enjoy it no matter what it is.

- Spiders aren't that scary.
- 90's Nicktoons really aren't that good. In fact, the only one I can still fully enjoy now that I'm older is Ren & Stimpy.
- Scary Movies are all badly written and boring.
- I like Final Fantasy 9 more than 7.
- Making something dark and edgy doesn't automatically make something good.
- Watching movies in a theater is a waste of time and money. You can't talk, you get overcharged for everything, and there are always so many people.
- I'm annoyed by people who hate everything and everyone.

Rational Rayquaza

-I think today's popular music sucks immensely.
-I believe Dragon Ball Z Kai is better than the original Z.
-Math is one the best subjects.
-I think most movies and TV shows are a waste of time.
-The Pokemon anime has always sucked.
-I love to write as long as I am not under time constraints or have to write about prompts which do not interest me.
-Reading is also fun provided I do not have to analyze meaningless themes, symbols, and motifs.
-I hate celebrities.
-Being single is enjoyable.

Last edited:

Vikings

Oracle
-I find handheld games way more enjoyable than console games. Not a COD or GTA fan.
-I dislike several highly thought of films. Such as The Avengers and Avatar.
-I hate Apple with a passion
-I thought Pokemon 4Ever was actually a pretty good movie
-I love learning about things and taking a bold interest in stuff independently that normally I wouldn't care about in school (I gain a much more vast knowledge with an hour on the Internet than an hour at school).

worldwaker

Elebug disaproves
i hate CoD
i like math
and most importantly...i hate a character in pokemon,guess who it is,RED.
he is not the ultimate trainer if you beat him,but literally everyone else insists that even if you beat him,you are still a weakling

Status
Not open for further replies.