• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Opinions that most people won't like/isn't mainstream

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sir Aaron Aura Guardian

The True Guardian
This is an interesting thread. Please don't flame me, everything is my opinion only.

Pokemon related:

I see that so many people say generation 1 is the best. I disagree, both game and anime-wise. I think the games get better for every generation, and so far, I liked DP more then any other series in the anime. But I think XY will be my favorite anime generation soon. I also liked Dawn as a traveling companion a lot more then Misty (and I have watched Pokemon since episode 1).

Non-Pokemon related:

I am a teenager, and I don't like to drink, smoke or go to parties. In fact, I hate all of those things. I also hate swag clothing, and I think yolo is the most invalid excuse ever. And, I think the mainstream music gets worse and worse for every year. Now it is at a point where it can not even be considered music anymore. I feel like I am the only teenager in the world who has these opinions.

And finally, I think Apple is better then anything else on the market. I honestly don't get why it is so mainstream to hate Apple. I have had A LOT of smartphones, including smartphones from Samsung that everybody loves, and no phones has been as durable, and worked as well as my iPhone. I dropped my iPhone on the ground (one time even out of the window from the third floor) a lot more then I have dropped any of my Android phones, and my 3 year old iPhone still works perfectly as of today. All the Androids I've ever had are completely broken.

Victreebong

Gives 'em the slip..
- I enjoy Terminator Salvation more than T2: Judgement Day. Yeah, I said it.
- I don't like Jennifer Lawrence. I am in love with Jennifer Lawrence.
- MLB bores me. To death.
- YOLO kids deserve the fates they choose. Cannot stand YOLO lifestyles, and the population dip due to high incidence of death will only help prevent future hunger issues in the US due to their stupidity. More than likely their bastard offspring will make up the difference -_-'
- GTA is a terrible series. (I know it's fun for five minutes to steal cars and sleep with random women, but after the initial novelty wares off, you're sent on a fool's errand to hurt people. No thanks!)
- I have had no interest in any video game consoles since the Game Cube. The Wii was a total waste of money for me. ONE4U doesn't appeal to me at all, and I'd hardly call them "next gen".
- Gambling is for chumps. With all the money you spend on the possibility, you waste money on what could have benefitted yourself, someone else, or stimulated your local economy. Good luck.
- I am not a diehard fan of LotR, HP, or Twilight. I would never read any of the aforementioned books. Despite the JL crush, I still won't read the Susan Collins books.

Izayoi

The Sealed Weapon
I don't understand the overhype for Shingeki no Kyojin/Attack on Titan. There, I said it.

I don't understand the overhype for Shingeki no Kyojin/Attack on Titan. There, I said it.

Finally someone else (T▽T)
There is nothing appealing about an Evangelionripoffwithoutmechs

Last edited:

Shiny Budew

If animals were capable of giving consent, I wouldn't care if Farmer Dan wanted to have a relationship with one of his goats.

Lost20

Collector
I have a few:

-I like The Last Airbender film, and thought it was good.
-I dislike Hostess products, especially their snack foods (e.g. Twinkies).
-I don't care that the government is reading my information transmitted over the internet. I just wish they would offer me free internet service in return; seeing as how they get the information via me paying for internet service. (I've become jaded to privacy rights after a research assignment, where I found all public records on the internet and my current address on whitepages.com)

Mi-tan

Finally someone else (T▽T)
There is nothing appealing about an Evangelionripoffwithoutmechs

Same here! I was reasonably sure that any and all anime fans were crazy about the show, but I watched only the first episode and felt pretty much indifferent to the whole thing. Haven't watched it since. And heck, I don't even really care for its themes. I've listened to compositions by Revo in the past, and to me they all go along the same wandering crazy lines; when I found out that he was behind the Linked Horizon stuff, I was hopeful for a new style, but nothing really changed. While I do like Guren no Yumiya as an OP, the entire song just gets consistently worse as it goes along imho.

Since someone else mentioned the Twilight films, I might as well provide my unpopular opinion on that too. Firstly, I like the books. "Like" in this case means that while I fully understand their problems (and they do have a lot of problems), I reasonably enjoy reading them now and again. Honestly, they appealed to me right away, even though I was never a huge Edward fan and hated Jacob's guts once Eclipse came out. BUT - I cannot stand the movies. I know the general consensus regarding the movies is one of dislike, but as far as I can tell, that's because people hate the storyline and Bella herself. For me, it's a completely different reason. Every single aspect of the films was completely horrific in my opinion. They took a book series that had potential (weak potential, maybe, but potential nonetheless) and turned it into a sloppy, careless, and uncreative series of movies, while never trying to improve on what the books laid out, and misrepresenting half of it anyway. Of course, no offense meant to Pizza's opinion - it's just that those movies are one of the things I could rant forever about. xD

Another literature-related thing: I couldn't get through one page of The Hunger Games. It seems that the storyline is good...and that's nice...but when I attempted to read the first book, the writing nearly gave me a fit. Since then I've read excerpts from it and its sequels and reacted the same way. What's odd is that I've read a bit of Suzanne Collins' other series (Gregor and the Overlanders or whatever the series itself is called) and I thought it was simple but quite well-written. I also understand that THG is apparently meant to evoke the idea of the main character narrating to the reader. But...I still can't stand the writing style for some reason.

Vikings

Oracle
That reminds me, I've never understood the appeal of Emma Watson. Not that I in any way find her ugly, I just don't see her as being much more attractive than any celebrity, so I've never got why so many people seem to talk about her as the pinnacle of human beauty.

I feel the exact same way about her too. I think people are so drawn to them because they come off as real people. To me, being crazed about someone in Hollywood for seeming like a normal person is contradicting. Hollywood isn't typically the place to look for the most down to Earth people in the first place. If you just walk outside, there are loads of women that meet that description, showing it isn't really anything special. It's nice to see, but nothing that would make me identify someone as the pinnacle of human beauty, as you mentioned.

And finally, I think Apple is better then anything else on the market. I honestly don't get why it is so mainstream to hate Apple. I have had A LOT of smartphones, including smartphones from Samsung that everybody loves, and no phones has been as durable, and worked as well as my iPhone. I dropped my iPhone on the ground (one time even out of the window from the third floor) a lot more then I have dropped any of my Android phones, and my 3 year old iPhone still works perfectly as of today. All the Androids I've ever had are completely broken.

I don't think it's main stream to hate Apple at all. Most people I encounter absolutely love them as a company and are total sheep. As a matter of fact, I have met very few people that hate Apple, and having a large part of my life invested in things that are affiliated with smart phones and technology as a whole means I meet a lot of people that have opinions on that sort of thing.

I, for one, dislike Apple very strongly. They are a corporate bully that sues companies for "infringing" on their "innovation" then do the exact same thing later on. Most features of iOS 7 for example were blatantly taken from other operating systems, like the cards for multitasking. That feature is identical to WebOS that was released years ago. They do things like that all the time, then go off suing companies for things like having rounded corners on a product.

I could go on and on listing the mediocre internals they put into their products, and how their marketing teams give them fancy names like "retina display" to make their product's features sound important when they're really not, but I'll save you the rant :p

I'll post some:
-I think that social media and technology is destroying some of our greatest arts. Such as photography and culinary arts. Idiots think they're incredible photographers because they have an iPhone and know how to put 5 different filters over their image and upload it to Instagram. They also think they double as a chef because they know how to pull up recipes on Pinterest.
-In retrospect, I think it improves some of our great arts as well, such as music and art. Digital art through things like photoshop add a whole new aspect to art, and touchscreens are an extension of that. As for music, an entire piece can be orchestrated using nothing more than a laptop, then immediately put out there for anyone to enjoy if they so choose.

Last edited:
I don't think it's main stream to hate Apple at all. Most people I encounter absolutely love them as a company and are total sheep. As a matter of fact, I have met very few people that hate Apple, and having a large part of my life invested in things that are affiliated with smart phones and technology as a whole means I meet a lot of people that have opinions on that sort of thing.

I hate Apple they have to over-complicate things with their obsession with touchscreens and everything a pain to do, hell when I first got my first Macbook, not only was it deteriorating (but it was 5 years old so that's to be expected) but I couldn't figure out how to open my documents. I don't care if If it's protected from viruses, if I can't use it then what's the point of it? -_-

Vikings

Oracle
I hate Apple they have to over-complicate things with their obsession with touchscreens and everything a pain to do, hell when I first got my first Macbook, not only was it deteriorating (but it was 5 years old so that's to be expected) but I couldn't figure out how to open my documents. I don't care if If it's protected from viruses, if I can't use it then what's the point of it? -_-

Really? Apple emphasizes on simplicity. That's what their hardware and software is all about. I could at least respect that about them in 2008, but now simplicity isn't necessary. Other companies have mastered the idea of making products simple on the surface, and intricate for those whom want it. Just having one aspect of that is limiting. I guess everyone has a different experience though.

Also, MacBooks/OSX aren't incapable of getting viruses, it is actually just as capable as Windows. Difference is, most of all the viruses out there are made for Windows, so the odds of running into a virus on an average day is far more likely on Windows. That doesn't mean you can't get one if you own a Mac however.

John Madden

resident policy guy
this is less objectively unpopular among my social networks and more "possibly unpopular elsewhere"

but i don't see the point in complaining about "abuse" of government safety nets when that "abuse" has the function of still helping the economy via private-sector purchases

Dormant

I'M A TREE RAWR
I find Bidoofs cute, thank you very much!

And I personally like Lady Gaga and some of Nicki Minaj's music. I also only like ONE One Direction song called 'The Best Song Ever' and that's all.

And I don't mind Justin Bieber, though I am just neutral about him :p

Sohryu

Be a Man!
I also only like ONE One Direction song called 'The Best Song Ever' and that's all.

One? That's actually pretty much, dear! There's not a single song of them that I actually like. And I am not being a hater or something in those terms. I just don't like their songs.

The Admiral

the star of the masquerade
Also, MacBooks/OSX aren't incapable of getting viruses, it is actually just as capable as Windows. Difference is, most of all the viruses out there are made for Windows, so the odds of running into a virus on an average day is far more likely on Windows. That doesn't mean you can't get one if you own a Mac however.

Also because more people use Windows, I'm guessing.

Victreebong

Gives 'em the slip..
I think fanwars over videogames,cartoons, anime,shipping pairings etc are dumb and a waste of time.

Fanwars are a necessary evil that makes board life interesting and exciting, while simultaneously instigating wanton negativity and banning the individuals who take it too far. They draw creativity through competition, establish connections with people who are conspecifics on a subject, separate individuals who are different on topics, and also provide the pivotal consequences that follow from taking interrogatives too far, reassuring bystanders that rules are to be followed.

We owe it too our annoying fandom peers to make life on the boards dramatic. Plus, you got to admit it's fun to play Switzerland and just watch the carnage.

Status
Not open for further replies.