• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Opinions that most people won't like/isn't mainstream

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pink Harzard

So majestic
I am a teenager, and I don't like to drink, smoke or go to parties. In fact, I hate all of those things. I also hate swag clothing, and I think yolo is the most invalid excuse ever. And, I think the mainstream music gets worse and worse for every year. Now it is at a point where it can not even be considered music anymore. I feel like I am the only teenager in the world who has these opinions.

In my teens, I feel the same about it. I actually still do. I feel quite worried about those youngsters because I have the feeling that they are ruining their life.

SuperSceptile

Sceptile is super!
I am a teenager, and I don't like to drink, smoke or go to parties. In fact, I hate all of those things. I also hate swag clothing, and I think yolo is the most invalid excuse ever. And, I think the mainstream music gets worse and worse for every year. Now it is at a point where it can not even be considered music anymore. I feel like I am the only teenager in the world who has these opinions.

You're not alone. Although my school is rather "sheltered" and we don't encounter much drinking and that kind of stuff, I do agree with you on the whole YOLO thing. I think it's a stupid excuse to do things like drugs or whatever. And don't get me started on music!! Songs today are either never heard anywhere, or are heard on the radio EVERY FIVE MINUTES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Those songs you hear all the time might sound decent at first, but once you hear them again, and again, and again, they just sound annoyingly awful. Plus, I just can't stand that fox song! You know, the one that goes "What does the fox say?". It's SO ANNOYING! All of my friends sing it all the time just to annoy me. T_T

Maginc

Meme Police
Neon Genesis Evangelion is a good but confusing anime.
THE ANIMATION IS GREAT FOR ITS TIME YOU JUST STOP TALKING.

Vikings

Oracle
Also because more people use Windows, I'm guessing.

That's exactly right. Think if you were looking to cause trouble by making a virus. Would you rather make it for Windows so it can effect a greater number of people? Or go for the smaller group by making one for OSX?

Sohryu

Be a Man!
In my teens, I feel the same about it. I actually still do. I feel quite worried about those youngsters because I have the feeling that they are ruining their life.

They are. I don't drink a lot, but I drink, although it's rather rare. I smoke too.
But it surprises me there's some guys here, specially those between 17 and 18, that criticises someone that doesn't drink or smoke , and they think they are that awesome because of it.
No, you are not 'awesome' because of it. It's good? It is, but moderately. And if someone don't want to do the same thing that you do, specially the wrong ones, they are not wrong. What's so hard for them to understand? I never criticised someone because of this. It's something ridiculous to do.

Last edited:

Sir Aaron Aura Guardian

The True Guardian
I don't think it's main stream to hate Apple at all. Most people I encounter absolutely love them as a company and are total sheep. As a matter of fact, I have met very few people that hate Apple, and having a large part of my life invested in things that are affiliated with smart phones and technology as a whole means I meet a lot of people that have opinions on that sort of thing.

Then we've had different experiences. Maybe I just don't notice Apple fans because they never make a big deal out of it, but if I tell an Apple hater that I have an iPhone, he/she will go on and on about how "stupid" I am for using an iPhone. And I also see hate pointed towards Apple every single day whenever I surf on the internet. Whenever I see something on the internet, or someone talk about Apple, 99% of the time it is the haters hating. All the iPhone users I know does not make a big deal out of what kind of phone you use, and appear to be generally more intelligent people then the Apple haters I know. I've just gotten the impression that hating Apple is mainstream due to my personal experiences, and also because of the amount of hate on the internet comparing with the amount of support.

I, for one, dislike Apple very strongly. They are a corporate bully that sues companies for "infringing" on their "innovation" then do the exact same thing later on. Most features of iOS 7 for example were blatantly taken from other operating systems, like the cards for multitasking. That feature is identical to WebOS that was released years ago. They do things like that all the time, then go off suing companies for things like having rounded corners on a product.

I have to agree with you on iOS7. I was genuinely dissapointed with the software, partly because it reminded of other companies. But I don't think of Apple as a bully, but rather the other companies. Apple is very overprotective over their features, I'll give you that, but Apple is about the only cellphone company who makes their advertisment about their own products, rather then directly bullying other companies. Multiple companies have made commercials that is direct bullying of Apple and Apple users, but the haters still refer to Apple as the big bully. Just look at multiple of Samsung's commercials, a Sony commercial which was withdrawn after one day, and the "Don't be an iDiot" thing, among others. Bullies bullying Apple all over, but Apple does not resort to bullying back.

I could go on and on listing the mediocre internals they put into their products, and how their marketing teams give them fancy names like "retina display" to make their product's features sound important when they're really not, but I'll save you the rant :p

Retina is a scientific term for a part of the eye that is responsible for creating an image of the visual world, and the word it self is not that fancy. A "retina display" means a display with more pixles then the human eye can observe, and I consider the term useful to use as a standard for screen resolution.

And if you want fancy words, look at the "It doesn't take a genius" ad that Samsung made to compare iPhone 5 with Galaxy S3. The S3's screen is a "HD Super AMOLED Display" and that does not sound more fancy then "Retina Display"? They also left out a lot of the spesifications of the iPhone, and used uneccesary many words (they seriously included "shake to update" among others as a feature that S3 had just so the text on the S3 side looked bigger then on iPhone's side) to make their own product seem better then it is. I actually had an S3, and compared it with my at the time 2 year old iPhone 4, and my 2 year old jailbroken iPhone full of stuff (I only had 5MB empty) outspeeded my brand new S3. I was quite shocked because I really did not expect something like that. And after dropping it on the floor a couple of times, it stopped working, and I purchased an iPhone 5 (because I wanted a new phone, otherwise I would have went back to my iPhone 4). Still have my 4, both of the iPhone's work perfect as of today.

The "doesn't take a genius" ad is again another example of bullying, and that Samsung actually uses more fancy words then Apple.

As for music, an entire piece can be orchestrated using nothing more than a laptop, then immediately put out there for anyone to enjoy if they so choose.

Now to something else then Apple.
That's why we have so much non-musical music, and why real musicians are starving to death. Musicians who dedicate their lifes to music, and spends hour after hour to learn to play a real instrument are ignored, while people who make random machine noises on their laptop become millionares. And that is because it's mainstream to like "music" made without musical instruments.

You're not alone. Although my school is rather "sheltered" and we don't encounter much drinking and that kind of stuff, I do agree with you on the whole YOLO thing. I think it's a stupid excuse to do things like drugs or whatever. And don't get me started on music!! Songs today are either never heard anywhere, or are heard on the radio EVERY FIVE MINUTES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Those songs you hear all the time might sound decent at first, but once you hear them again, and again, and again, they just sound annoyingly awful. Plus, I just can't stand that fox song! You know, the one that goes "What does the fox say?". It's SO ANNOYING! All of my friends sing it all the time just to annoy me. T_T

Finally somebody who agrees!
SuperSceptile: I actually know the Ylvis brothers who made "The Fox". It was ment as a joke, they literally made it really bad on purpose. The fact that the "song" is on Billboard, and that they win awards for it just demonstrates that the music industry is a joke who gives the finger whenever a real musician shows up. I know about quite a lot of bands these days who are really dedicated and make great music, but who can barely afford food because people don't appreciate musicians who are talented and work hard anymore.
The world desperatly needs a change in mainstream, and this is my non-mainstream opinion for this post.

Taylor516

Oh... I have alot.... Here are a few

1.) I despise pop music and feel it has no soul, meaning or heart.

2.) My favorite Pokemon generation was generation three, so many people have chewed me out for this before it isn't even funny.

3.) I hate Apple products, I find they have an awful battery that barely holds a charge and are rather on the flimsy side

4.) I prefer Bing to Google

5.) With all of the gun violence we've had here in America, I strongly feel guns should either be illegal or controlled strictly, all countries who've done this have had incredible success

6.) I don't drink/do any drugs/smoke, I've never wanted to, never have and never will, I've seen how it changes people and ruins lives and families and will never go through it again.

7.) This one is kind of silly, but I hate ham... I find it repulsing

8.) I prefer rainy days to sunny days, I just find them prettier

That's just a few... my list could just drag on and on. I tend vary from the norm a lot.
Sorry if my opinions upset people or anything but hey it is Non-Mainstream right? :)

I know how it feels, I agree with you. I'm 19, so you're not the only teenager. I never tried smoking, I never tried alcohol and never went partying, and let's keep it that way. I also just wear simple jeans and shirts, looks aren't important to me. And I never used the world yolo. And I prefer old over new music, there's pretty much no music from the past three years that I actually like.

Again, I'm completely on your side. Of course some do put soul, meaning and heart in it, but I think many of them do not.

5.) With all of the gun violence we've had here in America, I strongly feel guns should either be illegal or controlled strictly, all countries who've done this have had incredible success

I'm not American, but oh well, I'm in favour of this. By allowing people to have guns freely, of course violence is going to happen while it could've been prevented. Sure, even if guns are illegal, people can still find them, but I still think this would lead to less violent incidents.

6.) I don't drink/do any drugs/smoke, I've never wanted to, never have and never will, I've seen how it changes people and ruins lives and families and will never go through it again.

That's good. I never tried it and I don't see what's so appealing about it. Many people think it makes me boring, but so be it, being boring is better than the danger of becoming addicted. And I never felt curiosity to try it.

Some more non-mainstream opinions I can post here:

- Personality matters most to me, but when looking at looks, I think eyes, smile and hair are more attractive than boobie size. But oh well, my girlfriend has beautiful eyes, a cute/sexy smile, gorgeous black hair (I think black hair for white girls is beautiful) and a big chest... xD

- I'd never kiss or "do it" without a relationship. Some guys think it's boring and think about celebrities and say "I'd do her", but I only want sex or even kisses if there's serious love.

- I know little to no celebrities. At least, I know little to no actors, I don't know much modern pop singers, the only sport I follow is football/soccer, and I don't know any models.

- A Pokemon one: I don't care about shinies and even prefer regular Pokemon.

Mister_SGG

2.) My favorite Pokemon generation was generation three, so many people have chewed me out for this before it isn't even funny.

3.) I hate Apple products, I find they have an awful battery that barely holds a charge and are rather on the flimsy side

4.) I prefer Bing to Google

7.) This one is kind of silly, but I hate ham... I find it repulsing

8.) I prefer rainy days to sunny days, I just find them prettier

That's just a few... my list could just drag on and on. I tend vary from the norm a lot.
Sorry if my opinions upset people or anything but hey it is Non-Mainstream right? :)

You may be my secret clone...

PattyCakez

Pokemon Fanatic
You're probably a very calm person.
SOME pop songs have some meaning(everything NOT from Selena Gomez,which is 1%).

Avenger Angel

Warrior of Heaven
1. Having used a gun before, I'm not against people owning them and I feel people should have the right to protect themselves with one, but I do agree that it does take a strong amount of maturity and sane mind to be responsible with one, and simply put, isn't for everyone. Like a chainsaw, a jackhammer, or even just a car, in the wrong hands, it can do a lot of harm and people need to know what they're doing with it. Key point is, ignore everything video games and Hollywood tells you about guns when you handle the real thing. Also, guns aren't just for killing things. Plinking and clay pigeon shooting can be safe, clean fun.

2. I don't follow politics (American). This is mainly for the opinion that I feel both sides (Republican and Democrat) are skewed and biased and the only way to fix most of the problems, lobbying, and bias is to initiate complete restructuring. Unfortunately, that kind of thing usually only happens after a pretty severe disaster.

3. I'm more into friendships rather than relationships. Being one myself even at an age of 31, there's absolutely nothing wrong with being a "virgin," and many religions consider fornication a sin. I feel the best answer to "when should you have sex" is "when you're ready, when you want to do it, and not a moment sooner." Anyone who cannot understand this probably shouldn't be having sex.

4. Call of Duty is a decent game but does get new installments much too often and as a result, wears out its welcome. I, however, enjoy its fast-paced, frenzied multiplayer every now and then, but I definitely don't pick up every game in the series.

5. I dislike today's pop music and if I forget my MP3 player, I don't even turn on the radio. There's a lot of great music that gets ignored, such as heavy metal/industrial and techno/trance/electronic music.

6. I don't care about celebrities. When I see a movie, I'm way more engrossed into the storyline and the setting than who is playing what role and what movies they have been in before. There are a few familiar faces, like George Clooney and Morgan Freeman, that are distinct and definitely recognizable, but for the most part, I don't focus on them and their personal life, but more on the characters they play themselves and the impact the movie left on me.

Daylin

Dark Type Trainer
3. I'm more into friendships rather than relationships. Being one myself even at an age of 31, there's absolutely nothing wrong with being a "virgin," and many religions consider fornication a sin. I feel the best answer to "when should you have sex" is "when you're ready, when you want to do it, and not a moment sooner." Anyone who cannot understand this probably shouldn't be having sex.

I think so too. Sometimes platonic relationships can be more valuable than romantic ones. I really enjoy being single, for the most part.

Some of mine:
-I didn't like Generation II at all
-I don't really like dogs that much

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
1. Having used a gun before, I'm not against people owning them and I feel people should have the right to protect themselves with one, but I do agree that it does take a strong amount of maturity and sane mind to be responsible with one, and simply put, isn't for everyone. Like a chainsaw, a jackhammer, or even just a car, in the wrong hands, it can do a lot of harm and people need to know what they're doing with it. Key point is, ignore everything video games and Hollywood tells you about guns when you handle the real thing. Also, guns aren't just for killing things. Plinking and clay pigeon shooting can be safe, clean fun.

All of this. While I haven't handled a gun in my life, I believe the second amendment of the Constitution is a really important right for us Americans. (I feel there was a level of importance in the way the Bill of Rights was written: first is freedom of religion, speech, press, assembly and petition, and then the second right is the right to arm yourself for defense. Coincidence? I don't think so.) Just because other countries have banned guns doesn't mean it stopped crime altogether. There are other ways to kill people than with a gun, you know. Stabbing seems to be a very popular method. Also, criminals will always find a way to smuggle in firearms. Always.

So while I despise the notion of banning guns that even our own government is trying to push forward (remember that despicable Operation Fast and Furious?), there really needs to be a stronger security in background checks and training facilities. If you want to buy a permit to get a gun, you can (after your background is clear), you just have to go through a period of time where you are trained in gun safety and go through tests. Then when you pass, you get your gun to take home. There, simple as that. Why this hasn't crossed people's minds is beyond me, but this needs to happen.

2. I don't follow politics (American). This is mainly for the opinion that I feel both sides (Republican and Democrat) are skewed and biased and the only way to fix most of the problems, lobbying, and bias is to initiate complete restructuring. Unfortunately, that kind of thing usually only happens after a pretty severe disaster.

While I am for one party because the other I feel is really off its rocker, I do understand that even the party I'm for has its own issues as well. Politics has just become a dirty business for rich people and a way for them to see if they can find any loopholes in the Constitution as an excuse for them to cheat the law. We went from protecting the people's personal freedoms to Congress and Senate making sure they're getting paid correctly in our amendments. (Amendment 27, by the way, says, "No law, varying the compensation for the services of the Senators and Representatives, shall take effect, until an election of representatives shall have intervened. " It was proposed in 1789, but it wasn't ratified until 1992.) Don't tell me there's nothing wrong with that picture.

noobers

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

Believe me, you're not. Just look at the comments section to any Led Zeppelin song on YouTube. For every "yolo swag teenager," somewhere there's a six-year-old who thinks he's superior because he listens to post-romanticist mucisians like Sergei Rachmaninov instead of generic pop crap like "Wheels on the Bus".

Sohryu

Be a Man!

Depends of the country, though. Considering how some of them lost their heads when mad, I really agree with them regarding the gun control.
But I will not be hypocrite. This resolves nothing. Having a gun here where I live is off limits and few have them. How much has this helped my country? I cannot describe. I don't think it reduced death by gunfire nor it makes a walking in a street less dangerous. And people can use knifes to defend themselves, and everyone has a acess to a knife and will use them when in danger or angry, no doubt about it So, I agree with you more than I agree with their reasons.

Today's society is biased. I don't get why someone has to make sex before 18. Like... Why? What's the meaning behind all of this? Doing sex just because you were "forced" (because of pressure) to do it, is wrong. Sex is all about pleasure; if you something without you wanting to do it and is rather doing it becase of other people you will not enjoy it like if you did when you wanted to do, specially withsomeon you love.

5. I dislike today's pop music and if I forget my MP3 player, I don't even turn on the radio. There's a lot of great music that gets ignored, such as heavy metal/industrial and techno/trance/electronic music.

Hahaha!!! Same with me, really!

6. I don't care about celebrities. When I see a movie, I'm way more engrossed into the storyline and the setting than who is playing what role and what movies they have been in before. There are a few familiar faces, like George Clooney and Morgan Freeman, that are distinct and definitely recognizable, but for the most part, I don't focus on them and their personal life, but more on the characters they play themselves and the impact the movie left on me.

Never really cared with them, too. The only news I read at the internet about "celebrities", is when a band I like has released a new album and I'm curious about it. Otherwise, I never cared them.

UnitRico

I love seafood. About 99.99% of my friends hate seafood. That 0.01% is me by the way.

Oh man, I love seafood, with the exception of oysters. I pretty much always order it when I eat somewhere, as my mother hates it, and it's too expensive to cook for my housemates and myself.

(I feel there was a level of importance in the way the Bill of Rights was written: first is freedom of religion, speech, press, assembly and petition, and then the second right is the right to arm yourself for defense. Coincidence? I don't think so.)

Wasn't it so that that second right was put in there just for defence against a possible tyrannical government specifically? In that case, it'd be completely outdated, considering the US army could effortlessly wipe away any resistance a militia would throw against it.

Needless to say, I still don't think guns should be completely banned in the US. While I don't live there myself, and the regulations work just fine here, just tightening regulations a bit to try and ensure guns don't fall in the hands of the wrong people (which will happen regardless) should be just fine. I mean, I've only fired air powered pistols and rifles once in my life, and it was great fun. I can only imagine how satisfying it would be to empty a clip of ammo on an empty can or something.

Wasn't it so that that second right was put in there just for defence against a possible tyrannical government specifically? In that case, it'd be completely outdated, considering the US army could effortlessly wipe away any resistance a militia would throw against it.

Since it was made at the same time the Third Amendment was created, that's definitely the logic I'd go by. . .

Status
Not open for further replies.