• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Opinions that most people won't like/isn't mainstream

Status
Not open for further replies.

vokatt

I do the same for some

I;m not a fan of COd either WOOT

The orginal DBZ was a big waste of time, so much damn filler.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think Final Fantasy 13 is a good game.

I don't like super heroes at all.

Can't stand Avatar the Last Airbender or Korra for some reason.

Not a fan of shooters in general.

Learning/school is fun
FIFA is the best football simulation out there

Silent_Vibrava

Fanfiction Writer
What's the point of this thread? People won't say their real opinions in fear of backlash. And, if the reputation system is up, they could basically lose all their reputation. Since I know my opinions are from years of research into both the sides of conservative and liberal, I'll post it here. And, you know what, I don't care if my reputation goes down -1100 points. The below is all true to some degree:

Informed Opinion #1: Most Stock Investors Are Parasites of Working Class America
+Invest in the stock market of major corporations? You're probably stealing from the working class and causing poverty. Any extra dollar you get for your investment is taken directly from the working people's wages and possible healthcare benefits, off the back of their hard labor. Admit that you don't care, you just want your return on your investment, and get over it.

I won't allow you to get the extra money and pretend you care about poor people, because you don't. If you really care, how about you start only investing in companies that are more fair to their laborers? What's an example, you say? Invest in Costco vs Walmart. Costco pays their employees a liveable wage and they get some basic healthcare. You get a return on your investment AND the workers are pretty much taken better care of.

Informed Opinion #2: Most if Not All Welfare is Actually Corporate Welfare, Because You are Subsidizing Low Worker Wages Corporations Pay
+To my middle class white family; shut up about your freakin' middle class paycheck going to the "welfare queen" and slobby "food stampers". Most welfare and tax stamps recipients are working. We need these programs, because corporations are allowed to overpay their investors and not pay their workers a liveable wage. Ms. Buttersworth can't pay for both her rent, car to get to work, and food in her stomach making minimum wage at Walmart for 40 hours a week (or only 20 hours because they don't want to give healthcare for full time workers). Let her go hungry, you say? Don't say you're a nice person, because you are not.

Informed Opinion #3: Our Current System is so Skewed Toward the Wealthy that it Interferes With the "Life, Liberty, and Pursuit of Happiness" of the Non Wealthy. We Need to Tax Investment Gains Made on the Backs of The Poor, and Subsidized by the Middle Class, to Make the System Follow Our Constitution.
+The American Government needs to tax any extra money gained in the stock market by 50% and put it directly into the food stamp program and health care for poor people. The investors still make a profit (and thus will still invest in the stock market anyway), and the middle class paycheck isn't used for food stamps just so someone who had extra money in the first place now has more money. No, you stock investor, you are not entitled to be greedy and make more profit at the expensive of at least 80% of people in the United States. I invest too, but I at least make sure I'm investing in places where people are better taken care of.

Informed Opinion #4: You Really Suck if You Want GM (Genetically Modified) Foods Banned as a Whole. Take Your Suckiness Elsewhere
+Want to ban GM foods? GM foods have done way more good than bad. They've preventing billions from starving and basically the whole world for going hungry. Want to starve millions of people in places where it is impossible to grow food and pests run rampant? Ban GM foods and say you are saving the planet. I dare you. Look up "the Green Revolution" and see what true evil these foods have done.

Informed Opinion #5: Your Foreign Aid and Charity Might Be Making Things Worse
+Sending aid to Africa? Think before you send aid to Africa. Stop mindlessly sending clothes, building them homes. Stop, stop, stop. Half the time, you're not helping. In fact, you're making it worse. People don't have money there, right? How is anyone supposed to make money when clothing, food, water, shelter is provided to everyone for free? Okay, I admit, this isn't universal. Sometimes they have no way of getting this and need the help. Just promise me that before you donate, make sure the supplies you are donating are not undermining their local economies and barter systems. Make sure you are not making their living situation worse, please.

Informed Opinion #6: No Matter What Way You Look At It, The Pro-Life Movement Doesn't Make Sense.
+As a simple observer, I have to say pro-lifers are not pro-life and don't deserve the label. They are mainly about pro-birth and about punishing women for having any type of sex. That's all they care about, at their core. If they really cared about protecting a fertilized egg or fetus...if they really thought it was a person from conception worthy of saving, they wouldn't just care when the women makes a decision to terminate her pregnancy. They'd care when her body does too (miscarriage). So if they really were trying to save these "persons" as a whole movement, why aren't they paying scientists to stop miscarriages? Why are they not helping to fund research into saving fetuses that are aborted either by natural means of the body or by the medical community?

Why do they just care when the woman makes a conscious decision to end her pregnancy? It is because they want to use forced pregnancy as a way to deter and punish a woman for having sex. They really don't think the fetus or fertilized egg as a person, otherwise they'd care about saving all of them. Not just the ones the woman doesn't care about.

Last edited:
Vikings;16422177-I dislike several highly thought of films. Such as The Avengers and [B said:
Lol nobody liked/likes Avatar. It was a terrible, terrible movie and received awards for worst director, worst lead role and I think worst supporting role.

Harmonie

♫ Ad vivere
~I do not believe in any God or general higher power, and do not have a very positive view over organized religions like Christianity (to put it nicely. =P).
~I HATE Summer and Spring. Spring makes me depressed, while Autumn is what gives me that happy to be alive feeling, and Winter is the best season overall.
~I MUCH prefer Generation IV of Pokemon over Generation III.
~I'm pretty much a "90's kid", but I don't worship everything from the 90's. In fact, the only cartoons from that time I really like are Cartoon Network's.
~Drinking is not an acquired taste worth acquiring in any way, shape, or form.
~The obsession with zombies and supernatural creatures in general is getting on my last nerve.
~I don't hate all modern music. I mostly listen to classic rock/oldies and classical, but claiming that modern music is bad is closed-minded. I know of plenty of crap I can't stand from the classic rock era.
~I couldn't care less about celebrities and don't pay any attention to them.
~(Of course I had to say this one) Woodwind/Brass instruments > All other instruments. I actually love all kinds of instruments, I'm just tired of the way woodwind/brass instruments are seen by the mainstream.

I Like Pie!

Smile smile smile!
I really get angry when people bash my favorite shows/ franchise without any reason at all.
For example, MLP: FiM and Pokémon.

Most people who say **** about bronies or the show itself hasn't even seen it and at just a first glance, takes it as a show for little children and nothing more. Well in reality, it is so much more.

And Pokémon haters... Ugh. I have found people who don't even know that there is more to Pokémon than just an anime. They haven't even played the games, or doesn't even want to give a try, yet keeps on insulting this wonderful franchise and the fandom.

People, just experience something before talking about it, be it good or bad. Blinded opinions like that are just lame.

flawlessazn

Spiffy ~ ^^"
* I do not like being under the sun nor do i like sun-bathing
* I don't drink, smoke, do drugs, and I am a virgin.
* I don't really like ice-cream or chocolate

Vikings

Oracle
Lol nobody liked/likes Avatar. It was a terrible, terrible movie and received awards for worst director, worst lead role and I think worst supporting role.

"Nobody" is a rather subjective word. I know a lot of people who loved it and whole-heartedly, yet blindly, believe it was one of the best films ever made. I agree it was terrible, but sadly not everyone realizes that.

Oh, I also hated Iron Man 3 (like many others), and I hate Titanic.

* I don't drink, smoke, do drugs, and I am a virgin.

Same with me. That stuff never appealed to me in high school. I can agree with not liking ice cream too lol.

Last edited:

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
Eh, most of the opinions I have are fairly mainstream, but I'll name a few.

Also, some of these "unpopular opinions" aren't that unpopular. Like hating new music or liking reading. A lot of people hate new music and/or like reading, trust me.

- I think most 90's cartoons are overrated. I don't hate them, in fact I like a lot of them. I just don't think they're the masterpieces people make them out to be, for the most part. And I can think of plenty of 90's cartoons I don't like (Captain Planet, CatDog, Rocket Power, etc.)

- On that note, I don't think modern cartoons suck. Some do, some don't. That's the way it always is in every decade. No decade is "better" than the others.

- I also think most of the Renaissance Disney movies (The Little Mermaid to Tarzan) are overrated. Again, I like all of them save for Pocahontas, but I don't think every single one of them is a masterpiece, like people make them out to be. The only ones that deserve that title (imo) are TLM, B&tB, Aladdin, and TLK. The rest are just average to good at best.

- I don't think modern music sucks. I just think the good stuff is more obscure.

- I don't think America sucks. Granted, I don't think it's the granted nation in the world, but it's far from being the worst, like so many people make it out to be.

- I think the people who complain about genwunners are more annoying than the genwunners themselves. Same with Twilight. I don't like Twilight, but the amount of hate it gets is unnecessarily excessive.

- I think 3rd gen. is incredibly overrated. Granted, the Pokemon are cool, but I think the Hoenn region is bland compared to the others (Kanto aside), the music is forgettable, the water routes are annoying (and Repels don't make them any better), and the villains are lame. Again, I don't hate 3rd gen., I just don't understand why everyone seems to like it so much when the other gens do so many things better imho.

Despite the current events that are happening today wether in the news,TV,movies, videogames, I still rather live today and find the good than try to glorify the past.
Also this.

- I think the people who complain about genwunners are more annoying than the genwunners themselves. Same with Twilight. I don't like Twilight, but the amount of hate it gets is unnecessarily excessive.

Yes, I agree. Twilight is mediocre at best. It has a lot of really obvious problems that I'm not going to list because I'm sure everyone has been bashed over the heads with it. However, at it's core it's still a decent tweeny romance book.

If you think Twilight is truly the worst book ever written, you need to read more books. Because Twilight at least has basic entertainment value and has some interesting concepts within its mythology. Seriously, you will find a worse book if you jump off the band wagon for a second.

The Admiral

the star of the masquerade
Generally speaking, steampunk as a visual style is very overrated, has jumped its shark repeatedly, and, odds are, your creations look like you pulled them off a junkyard and strapped them to something to look "cool."

Don't get me wrong. Some steampunk or pseudo-steampunk or pseudo-Victorian stuff can look nice. Most of it doesn't, though.

Also, some of these "unpopular opinions" aren't that unpopular. Like hating new music or liking reading. A lot of people hate new music and/or like reading, trust me.

You know, I was thinking this. I'm glad someone else is here to say this for me.

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
- I think 3rd gen. is incredibly overrated. Granted, the Pokemon are cool, but I think the Hoenn region is bland compared to the others (Kanto aside), the music is forgettable, the water routes are annoying (and Repels don't make them any better), and the villains are lame. Again, I don't hate 3rd gen., I just don't understand why everyone seems to like it so much when the other gens do so many things better imho.

Overrated? I think 3rd Gen seems to receive an unnecessary load of criticism because of the generation gap from Gen 2 to 3 (or at least used to), among other things. That, and since we have seen every other region in a more recent generation, it's no surprise that there are people would like to see it again at some point. I'm pretty sure Johto was exactly the same way before HG/SS were announced. If you want my opinion, I really enjoyed 3rd Gen, and it definitely did a some things well and other things poorly like any other region, but I don't see how it's that sub-par.

Actually, I might be in the minority thinking that HG/SS and Johto in general are massively overrated, but I'm not going to sit here listing why I found them sub-par. Wrong thread for that.

I also find some of the hate for old classic books to be unnecessary. Prime example would be anything by Charles Dickens. Yes, it's not very exciting, and his work comes off as being very boring, but I found some of it enjoyable.

Last edited:

Harmonie

♫ Ad vivere
Overrated? I think Hoenn seems to receive an unnecessary load of criticism because of the generation gap from Gen 2 to 3, among other things. That, and since we have seen every other region in a more recent generation, it's no surprise that there are people would like to see it again at some point. I'm pretty sure Johto was exactly the same way before HG/SS were announced. If you want my opinion, I really enjoyed Hoenn, and it definitely did a some things well and other things poorly like any other region, but I don't see how it's that sub-par.

Actually, I might be in the minority thinking that HG/SS and Johto in general are massively overrated, but I'm not going to sit here listing why I found them sub-par. Wrong thread for that.

I think that Generation III has found itself in a point to where it's somewhere in the between. Although nowadays I see a lot more praise for it than I do otherwise. I feel very alone for having it as my least favorite generation. This was not the case when it came out, as a lot of people were down on it. But now it seems like everybody's favorite generation is Generation III.

Generation IV became the new generation to hate.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
Overrated? I think 3rd Gen seems to receive an unnecessary load of criticism because of the generation gap from Gen 2 to 3 (or at least used to), among other things. That, and since we have seen every other region in a more recent generation, it's no surprise that there are people would like to see it again at some point. I'm pretty sure Johto was exactly the same way before HG/SS were announced. If you want my opinion, I really enjoyed 3rd Gen, and it definitely did a some things well and other things poorly like any other region, but I don't see how it's that sub-par.

I think Woodwindsrock said much of what I was thinking. The idea of Gen 3 being overrated is a more recent thing. I know it was criticized heavily when it was the "current thing," but all of a sudden, it seems to be everyone's favorite generation nowadays. More than likely partially because they haven't been remade (as you suggested) and partially because the people who grew up with the game are now in high school/college and nostalgia-ing for them.

And honestly? I feel like people have soured on the Johto games and (especially) the Kanto games. I don't see nearly as much love for either of those games as I did in the past. Yes, it's probably partially because those games have already been remade, but I don't know. I feel like there's another reason people have soured on those games. With Kanto, I imagine the whole "genwunner" mentality is part of it, not to mention the fact that the games are dated by now (including FR/LG), but that's all I can think of.
I don't think I'd go as far as to say hating Gens I and II is popular opinion, though. I just don't think it's as unpopular as you think it is.

Again, I'm not saying I don't like Gen III. I just personally think it's one of the weaker Gens. That's all.

But we're going a bit off-topic.

Last edited:
- i think that religion has its place (figuratively, not literally.). i am not religious in any way shape or form.
- i dislike sun. i like rain. (arguably mainstream)
- i don't think obese people are disgusting, lazy lumps of fat that waste space. (definitely not mainstream)

AuroriumX

The Interceptor
I never understood what the fuss about the new Batman Trilogy was. I've watched them all and the only one I mildly enjoyed was the second one.

Status
Not open for further replies.