• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Opinions that most people won't like/isn't mainstream

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bulba the Great!

We Do Not Sow
I don't think Jennifer Lawrence is a goddess to be worshiped. I kinda can't stand seeing posts about her in my Facebook news feed. "Jennifer Lawrence was FORCED TO CONFORM to female body image! Jennifer Lawrence is a HERO for breaking female stereotypes. She's AMAZING and a GOD for having a sense of humor!"

Ladies and gentlemen, Jennifer Lawrence is cool. Nothing mind-blowing. She is a capable actress who is pretty (not like stunningly beautiful), who is unafraid. That's nifty.

I prefer some other actresses. God strike me down.

Viveshade

What's Next?
I have a list of unpopular opinions.

~ I think cheese on hamburgers is disgusting.
~ 90% of pop music sounds the same, and I don't understand why any of it is loved by anyone.
~ I hate mayonnaise.
~ Charizard is my least favorite of the Kanto starters.
~ Classical and electronic instrumental music are amazing.
~ Sports are boring to watch. I would only watch them if my friends/family were there with me.
~ I love to read.
~ I think spiders are cool. If Game Freak made a Bug/Ghost spider, it'd probably become one of my favorite Pokemon. As long as they give it a decent design, of course.

WildHennaCharizard

I don't think Jennifer Lawrence is a goddess to be worshiped. I kinda can't stand seeing posts about her in my Facebook news feed. "Jennifer Lawrence was FORCED TO CONFORM to female body image! Jennifer Lawrence is a HERO for breaking female stereotypes. She's AMAZING and a GOD for having a sense of humor!"

Ladies and gentlemen, Jennifer Lawrence is cool. Nothing mind-blowing. She is a capable actress who is pretty (not like stunningly beautiful), who is unafraid. That's nifty.

I prefer some other actresses. God strike me down.

Speaking of people worshiping false gods; The way some MLP fans worship Lauren faust as a godesess just because she helped create friendship is magic is sicking. People draw art of her as an Alicorn, with Celestria or Luna as her "kids". People she is a animator a good one mind you but NOT a god. And as cool as ponies are there are good shows out there.

Sohryu

Be a Man!
Viveshade said:
~ 90% of pop music sounds the same, and I don't understand why any of it is loved by anyone.

Hallelujah! Finally! I too don't understand all this thing involving the pop music. If you like it, okay. But why so much attention of the media?

Xerneltal

Sonic aficionado
3. I liked every sonic game(except '06 since I didn't play that one, but I think it would've been an exception).
4. I feel neutral towards dupstep.
5. I feel neutral towards my little pony.

Exactly my feelings.

Most of the Sonic games I've played are really fun. I really don't know how to feel about dubstep and MLP. I mean, I don't like either, but I don't hate either.

(Also, I own Sonic 2006 and I can tell you it's not that great. There's the rare fun part, but other than that, the only redeeming factor is the soundtrack.)

Adrexus

Do it the bird way!
I tend to think that nationalism is a cancer on society and holds us back as a species.

I think the same is also true for most government.

I think that voting is practically useless.

I don't think that skepticism of evolution should turn one into a pariah.

I think abortion is murder.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Like, in every sense of it? Even when it's needed?

Murder is murder, even though some of it may be justified. I imagine that some women who got abortions because they have to have regrets doing so, but it's hard to say because of individuality.

Besides, I don't understand how some people can't believe that a growing fetus is a living human being because it's being grown inside of a human being. We were all fetuses. We were all inside a mother who carried us. I support abortion only when the mother's life is at stake, the baby can't live outside of the womb, and it's the result of rape and incest. To suddenly decide you don't want to be pregnant anymore (for whatever reason such as "I need more 'me' time" or anything similar) because of a stupid mistake you made when there are many childless couples out there who would love to adopt your baby is despicable. Adoption agencies are awful these days, yes, but I'm pretty sure everyone knows of one couple personally whom one can get in contact with and make the arrangement for them to adopt the baby. You'll get more support for that, and it's less stressful.

Seriously, I just don't understand the mindset of people like that, or how anyone can come to that conclusion. The fact it's encouraged in today's society doesn't help.

Sohryu

Be a Man!
Besides, I don't understand how some people can't believe that a growing fetus is a living human being because it's being grown inside of a human being. We were all fetuses. We were all inside a mother who carried us. I support abortion only when the mother's life is at stake, the baby can't live outside of the womb, and it's the result of rape and incest. To suddenly decide you don't want to be pregnant anymore (for whatever reason such as "I need more 'me' time" or anything similar) because of a stupid mistake you made when there are many childless couples out there who would love to adopt your baby is despicable. Adoption agencies are awful these days, yes, but I'm pretty sure everyone knows of one couple personally whom one can get in contact with and make the arrangement for them to adopt the baby. You'll get more support for that, and it's less stressful.

Seriously, I just don't understand the mindset of people like that, or how anyone can come to that conclusion. The fact it's encouraged in today's society doesn't help.

I don't like and don't support abortion. What I am against, is when the mother's life is at great risk or when it's sure the baby will stillborn. And it sn't fine to judge this as murder, because... You know.
I mean, I know losing aborting a baby because of your life (literally talking) is a bit selfish, but eh... It's hard to explain. Everyone will be sad because of that, but... I don't know how to explain that, as it's really hard and I can't justify. But I would rather stay with my wife and give my (not born) son's life than lose her. I wouldn't know how to raise him and I bet many men wouldn't know too. But eh... It's still selfish. What about her? And life play pranks.

But I don't support abortion, in most cases. And all teenagers which get pregnant doesn't seem to know think before act. I guess it's good of they know and deal with their consequences. And besides, as you mentioned, put to adoption is far from bad!

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
What I am against, is when the mother's life is at great risk or when it's sure the baby will stillborn. And it sn't fine to judge this as murder, because... You know.

I know. Like I said, some of it may be justified, but I think until you know for certain you will not be held accountable for killing anything, we have to have the mindset that murder is murder. And considering that abortion is a very hard choice for a normal person to make, I can see where people get really iffy over it and wonder when to draw the line.

I mean, I know losing aborting a baby because of your life (literally talking) is a bit selfish, but eh... It's hard to explain. Everyone will be sad because of that, but... I don't know how to explain that, as it's really hard and I can't justify. But I would rather stay with my wife and give my (not born) son's life than lose her. I wouldn't know how to raise him and I bet many men wouldn't know too. But eh... It's still selfish. What about her? And life play pranks.

That's perfectly understandable. Dad said the same thing to me because when Mom was pregnant with me, one doctor said that it looked like I had scoliosis. Mom did research, learned that the deformity isn't life-threatening, and decided to get a second opinion, and that's when they learned it was just the umbilical cord around my neck. He then went on to say that if he and Mom were different people--and how I don't know--they may have gone ahead and aborted me, and that's a scary thought. (Considering I almost died at birth anyway so it adds on to that scary thought...) But to them, it would've been justified because they would've had more children, they would just have the memory of knowing they had one, but couldn't keep it.

It's a very hard choice to make, and hard to really explain at times, but I understand what you want to say.

Onore

Nothing Special
I think bronies are really messed up. Mainly because every one ive ever met eventually likes the ponies a little too much, if you catch my drift.

Last edited:

SILVER XD

Momentai, bro.
I am a male and I enjoy listening to Pierce The Veil and Sleeping With Sirens

I don't think people with unusual fetishes are disgusting people

I don't kill insects when I find them in my house, I put them outside instead, they're living creatures that don't understand the concept of an artificial living space or the boundaries of humans. Unless it's a cockroach, I stomp on those *******.

On that note I think many species of spiders and insects are interesting, I especially like Writing Spiders and moths although I would feel quite uncomfortable with a spider on me.

Bacon isn't the best thing ever.

Last edited:

Sohryu

Be a Man!
I am a male and I enjoy listening to Pierce The Veil and Sleeping With Sirens

Never heard of them. But besides, what's the problem with that?

I don't kill insects when I find them in my house, I put them outside instead, they're living creatures that don't understand the concept of an artificial living space or the boundaries of humans.

I kill them with no remorse later. But it's interesting you do that, actually, as it's so rare.

Unless it's a cockroach, I stomp on those *******.
LMAO!

Bacon isn't the best thing ever.

Totally agree!!! They aren't! But eh, people like it, specially in U.S.A, I guess xD

Murder Doll

Button Presser
I despise smogon not because it in of it's self is bad but because so many take their rules/movesets as law both restricting creativity and bashing people who don't follow the same rules.

I enjoy tests. I really do. I hate it when people complain about when tests are too difficult, or when people criticize me for enjoying tests. Tests truly do test your ability to use the knowledge you have learned. They really make you use your mind. It's quite different from the homework, because most of the time, the homework is a bunch of tedious drivel. But, for some reason, my colleagues enjoy the homework because it's easy. They enjoy easy, and they dislike challenge. Why is that? Challenging is fun! Easy is not!

Here's another thing. I love to learn, as well. But, my colleagues do not. I enjoy long lectures and explanations. It's especially neat to just look at a board full of complex numbers and concepts in Math and to have my mind see it all clicking together, contrary to what my eye sees, which is a big, complicated mess. In History, to be able to tell a story for everywhere on Earth at any time. In Science, to be able to name every nook and cranny of the human body. Even in Music, to have your fingers swiftly fly across the piano keyboard, without missing a beat.. It amazes me, the human mind does. What it can do. It inspires me to read and discover -- to learn. To explore the Earth and all that is beyond.

Back to the point. While I may have been wandering just a bit too far from the set path, what I just went on about just further reiterates my point -- I love learning. However, my friends do not think the same. Instead of paying attention during a lecture, they'll be on their phones or whispering to one of their friends. Instead of taking it upon themselves to learn about new things on the international information superhighway known as the Internet, they choose to sit idle, browsing their Google+ feed and sharing meaningless pictures that they can relate to. Now, for me, this seems utterly disgraceful and a waste of money and time. I was born to a less fortunate family. We were not blessed with good financial status. Born in 2002, I was restricted to a limited access of the Internet for close to 12 years. And now, in late 2013, I have full Internet access for the first time in my life, a privilege that my most of my acquaintances have had since they entered pre-school. They are so ungrateful. They take for granted the fact that they have had full Internet access for as long as they can remember. They don't use the Internet for what it was meant to be used for. Instead, all they want to do with it is mess around on a social network for hours at a time, neglecting their schoolwork in the process and failing to utilize their minds, turning them into a wasteful pile of crap. I'm so tired of that.

Once again, I've been sidetracked. But, my point still stands. They dislike learning, and choose to do something completely pointless instead. Sit around all day and play the latest Call of Duty game while liking your friend's status. That kind of mindset just pisses me off.

[/rant end]

I actually didn't mean to make such a long post. :O I definitely went a little off the rails right there. I'm sorry about that, but I feel much better inside, what with getting that out of my system.

WaterTypesFTW

Shiny Hunter
I've got a few opinions here:
1)I wear mismatched socks because I have a bad habit of losing socks. This surprisingly annoys so many people where I live, it's insane! I get pestered for wearing mismatched socks. The thing is, I'm not going to throw out a perfectly good sock just because I can't find its match, I'll just pair it with another mismatched sock that also lost its pair. It's not like the socks are torn up, and therefore, no longer usable. They're just missing a pair! Ugh! This is actually starting to really annoy me that I get lectured for this!
2)I know so many people who are absolutely obsessed with Loki from Thor. I'm personally not a huge fan of Loki at all and I prefer Thor over Loki. It's funny because Loki is the kind of villain that I'd normally like but I don't like Loki at all.
3)I thought Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword was very boring. I couldn't even finish the game because I got so bored of it. I don't know what it is but I just could not get into this game at all. Maybe I was too over-hyped for it and when I got it I was expecting too much from it so I got disappointed. I really don't know why I didn't like it.
4)A lot of people I know thought Rise of the Guardians was the best film to ever exist (I'm not even kidding) while I got bored of it. I'm hard to please when it comes to films and this movie did not impress me at all. The animation was beautiful but the content itself lacked to the point that it just bored me.
5)I am a cartoonist with a tablet but I much prefer drawing on paper and painting with watercolors than drawing on the computer.
6)Gen 6 really impressed me and has become my absolute favourite Generation of Pokemon!
7)I prefer Earthbound over Mother 3. I loved walking through all the big 80/90's cities which I thought made Earthbound very unique as an RPG.
8)Turbo from Wreck-It Ralph became a very popular character and I don't blame anyone for it. Personally, though, I prefer his King Candy persona. But as for favourite character in that film it's definitely Felix for me.
9)I despise recent music, though the only exception is Rise Against music. I love them! Lately, I'm starting to find that I really enjoy listening to composers such as Vivaldi, Beethoven, Handel, Franz Liszt, etc. and orchestra.

UnitRico

1)I wear mismatched socks because I have a bad habit of losing socks. This surprisingly annoys so many people where I live, it's insane! I get pestered for wearing mismatched socks. The thing is, I'm not going to throw out a perfectly good sock just because I can't find its match, I'll just pair it with another mismatched sock that also lost its pair. It's not like the socks are torn up, and therefore, no longer usable. They're just missing a pair! Ugh! This is actually starting to really annoy me that I get lectured for this!

Losing a single sock of a pair is so annoying. Seriously, does the washing machine eat them or something? Anyway, I've solved the problem by only buying black socks when I buy any. Doesn't matter if you lose one, because they all look the same anyway.

Daisymareep

Beware the cuteness
My opinions.

1. I don't care that much for moe.
2. I feel there should be little more yaoi/shonen ai in anime.
3. I think Tangled is boring movie.
4. Gen. V have the best story.plot of any pokemon game.
5. I don't like Fps or haven't find one that catch my interested.
6. I feel that fanboys that jump back on the xbox side after what they did with Xbox one is stupid.

Nightblind249

Hmm the few I have would be,

-When entering another's country or and area that's not your native language, learn their language before entering the country you are going to. I can't stand when folks come to a English speaking area that cannot speak English, but I also hate when I go to an area that speaks Spanish and cannot speak Spanish it in return. It's only fair, and that's why I haven't left this rock yet.
-50 Shades of Grey is a Twilight clone, I've read both Twilight before it was popular and read 50 for the laughs and I'm a dude. Kinda curious about the movie through and how that travesty will turn out; one X rated and the other R rated?
-I see love as in-discriminant and you can love who you want.
-There's hardly any games on the market that are worth buying that don't have x amount of sequels or prequels. It's hard to get into a series when you buy a game that's the 8th in the series and cannot play 1-7 because of either lack of localization or system availability.
-If a company starts a series on a console it should start/stay and end on or with that console. Not spread to every console under the sun. It makes it hard to enjoy a series.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.