• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Opinions that most people won't like/isn't mainstream

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ampy

Light The Stars
Well "The Federation" was responding to this quote by "Vikings": "I dislike several highly thought of films. Such as The Avengers and Avatar."
The Last Airbender wasn't highly thought of, at least not like The Avengers, which he included in the same category as being highly thought of. That's why I assume he's referring to Avatar, which is the actual name of the movie...but I could be wrong.

In another comment he said "Lol nobody liked/likes Avatar. It was a terrible, terrible movie and received awards for worst director, worst lead role and I think worst supporting role." I know for sure that won quite a few Raspberry awards, not sure what specifically. He should have been more clear though.

SlowPokeBroKing

Future Gym Leader
In another comment he said "Lol nobody liked/likes Avatar. It was a terrible, terrible movie and received awards for worst director, worst lead role and I think worst supporting role." I know for sure that won quite a few Raspberry awards, not sure what specifically. He should have been more clear though.

You may be right. That actually makes a lot of sense. If that is what he meant, he made himself look like a jackass, haha.

OceanicLanturn

Non non non!
- I think Charizard is overrated and I don't like it one bit.
- I'm not a big fan of English songs. I prefer Japanese :3
- I don't like it when non-competitive battlers talk about how Smogon is liberating them or something. Annoys me to no end, seriously.
- Gen I is a bit overrated IMO. I can see why it's loved but it doesn't appeal to me as much as Gen IV (which is hated on often)
- SAO is bad and doesn't deserve the popularity it gets. Fairy Arc was awful. I liked the openings though.
- I think Steel doesn't deserve the nerf in Gen VI.

pokemasta92

I just looked up the movie and he's right it did win those bad awards, but it was misleading. "Avatar" and "The Last Airbender" are two completely different movies. He should have been more specific! :p

The Admiral

the star of the masquerade
Especially considering that, last I checked, the film The Last Airbender didn't have the word "Avatar" in the title, even though the series it cribbed from was indeed called Avatar: The Last Airbender. I think this was probably done to avoid confusion with James Cameron's ludicrously-high-grossing film. Probably because who would want something as shitty as the Last Airbender movie associated with their work?

Worse director? James Cameron, who also directed Titanic, was nominated for best director.
I thought he was talking about the ****storm that is The Last Airbender, thus my response. Didn't even think about the other Avatar. IMO it was crap too, but w/e.

Vikings

Oracle
You may be right. That actually makes a lot of sense. If that is what he meant, he made himself look like a jackass, haha.

Mind if I ask whom "he" is referring to? Lol.

Yes, I was referring to James Cameron's Avatar. I never even considered that TheFederation thought I was talking about Shyamalan's film, as I never even bothered seeing it.

Floette

Fennekin
Nicki Minaj is in the top 5 musicians of this century.

Yes, I genuinely believe this. Don't hate :p

flawlessazn

Spiffy ~ ^^"
How about this one:

Am I the only one here that is not obsessed with wanting a Pokemon clock from the clock shop here?

Everyone seems to be obsessed with them.

SlowPokeBroKing

Future Gym Leader
Mind if I ask whom "he" is referring to? Lol.

Yes, I was referring to James Cameron's Avatar. I never even considered that TheFederation thought I was talking about Shyamalan's film, as I never even bothered seeing it.

I was referring to TheFederation. I meant that he was making himself look like a jackass by telling you your opinion is wrong and he didn't even know what movie you were talking about.

KyuremFreeze

Hello, b0ss
How is cyberbullying a thing? there is a simple answer to it: turn the computer of, and walk away.

I was referring to TheFederation. I meant that he was making himself look like a jackass by telling you your opinion is wrong and he didn't even know what movie you were talking about.
And you're making yourself look like a jackass by nagging on an issue that has long since been resolved.

ellie

Δ
Staff member
Admin
cut it out guys. any arguing/flaming in this thread will be met with infractions

How is cyberbullying a thing? there is a simple answer to it: turn the computer of, and walk away.

it's not that simple though. i do think the term cyberbullying is overused and most people don't know what it actually means, but real cyberbullying usually happens by someone the victim knows irl. they bully them at school and stuff and then the person comes home and goes online and then has to deal with the person there too. it's harder to avoid because everything is much more automatic now; back in the day if someone sent you a nasty email youd be able to just delete it without reading the body inside. nowadays if someone posts **** on your or a friend's facebook it's right there in your newsfeed for you to have to read. same thing with most other social media. and completely opting out of social media as a teenager who's already down can just make it worse and lead to more bullying and **** being said about you if you delete your profiles. basically cyberbullying makes it almost impossible to escape your bully. remember amanda todd's suicide not too long ago? even switching schools didnt help because everyone at her new school found out from people at her old school contacting them and getting them to bully her too.

so no, it's not as easy as turn off the computer and walking away. there is a LOT more to it.

Silent_Vibrava

Fanfiction Writer
Some un-informed opinions:

-Most people are bisexual, would have intimate times or fwb with same-sex friends, but society suppresses it.

Some more informed opinions:

-I can understand why parents refuse to have a male caretaker or babysitter and perfectly support their decision to seek female only providers. Even as a male, I have to say violence and sexual abuse is almost universally a male problem. And if a woman did abuse the child, she often does less physical damage than a man. The consequences of a man abusing a child, especially a female child, are worse (more chance of contracting STDs, premature pregnancy, broken bones/ribs, etc). Parents cut the risk of having a child care provider sexually abuse their child 9x by only seeking female providers.

That said, if I had a kid, I probably would still would leave them with a male provider with a good reputation. Because the risk isn't great enough to be alarming to me. Statistically, it would be more dangerous for me to drive them to school everyday, take into consideration the statistics for fatal car accidents.

-Atheists, non-religious, and non-believers are morally superior. That is, if you define moral behavior as equality, likelihood of committing a violent crime, ability to empathize, social harmony, tolerance, and high standards of living. There is enough data to say this is a fact, but extremely religious people tend to have this way of ignoring data if it disagrees with their teachings.

Last edited:

-I can understand why parents refuse to have a male caretaker or babysitter and perfectly support their decision to seek female only providers. Even as a male, I have to say violence and sexual abuse is almost universally a male problem. And if a woman did abuse the child, she often does less physical damage than a man. The consequences of a man abusing a child, especially a female child, are worse (more chance of contracting STDs, premature pregnancy, broken bones/ribs, etc). Parents cut the risk of having a child care provider sexually abuse their child 9x by only seeking female providers.

I have to disagree with that. I saw a reportage about this a little while ago and females sexually abusing males is something that happens a lot more than you'd expect. The thing is that men are usually too ashamed about it to tell the authorities. And even if they do, they're often not taken seriously.
For an instance, if you see an article about a male teacher who had a sexual relationship with a 14 year old girl the people usually are shocked. But if you see an article about a female teacher who had a sexual relationship with a 14 year old guy, over half of the comments are about how lucky the guy was etc.

Even the police doesn't takes it seriously. A friend of my sis was actually raped by a girl. They just laughed with it and told him to go home.

Cassafrass1999

A new beginning! <3
How about this one:

Am I the only one here that is not obsessed with wanting a Pokemon clock from the clock shop here?

Everyone seems to be obsessed with them.

Dude... I know it is all a matter of opinions, but I think they look awesome! Aha... I personally love my Serperior clock. I guess you could say they are the new "it" thing aha... and usually I don't care about fads unless I like the thing the fad is centered on! If that makes sense... in other words, I just love how they look, aha... especially my Serperior... took me forever to get this darned thing, but it was worth the wait! (to get a spot in there is like... nothing I have ever seen lol). But I am getting off topic... I am sorry. >.<

Silent_Vibrava

Fanfiction Writer
I have to disagree with that. I saw a reportage about this a little while ago and females sexually abusing males is something that happens a lot more than you'd expect. The thing is that men are usually too ashamed about it to tell the authorities. And even if they do, they're often not taken seriously.
For an instance, if you see an article about a male teacher who had a sexual relationship with a 14 year old girl the people usually are shocked. But if you see an article about a female teacher who had a sexual relationship with a 14 year old guy, over half of the comments are about how lucky the guy was etc.

Even the police doesn't takes it seriously. A friend of my sis was actually raped by a girl. They just laughed with it and told him to go home.

Even if you take into account unreported cases, it isn't going to be a 50-50 margin. It still would be far riskier to leave your child with a male child care provider. And I'm talking about pre-puberty children (ages 2-12), where a child care provider is often needed. Not many are going to blame a little boy for being abused like this. The police are going to take it much more seriously, whether the predator is male or female. I am aware there is a double standard against men and teenaged males who are victims of rape by women, but I'm talking about children here. So it doesn't apply and I left it out. I'll repeat my opinion:

-Parents should be able to seek female only child care providers without judgement.

Also, someone gave me a negative reputation and simply said "What did Ellie just say"? I don't think Ellie ever said anything or implied anything in regards to me. I think you gave the negative reputation to the wrong person.

Status
Not open for further replies.