• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Opinions that most people won't like/isn't mainstream

Status
Not open for further replies.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
I'd like to add to my original list that even though I don't hate wolves, I never understood why people are so obsessed with them.

The Admiral

the star of the masquerade
Adding to my list that I hated the first bioshock.

On a similar note, I put forth:

BioShock Infinite, while an okay game, was not as good as the first game, lacking much of its subtlety and, at times, almost completely eliminating any concerns about running out of resources (though there weren't many of those in BS1, to be fair.).

~Sam~

Trader and Battler
I like playing competitive pokemon but I think that clans/guilds on forums are a waste of time. They just don't last.

Crimson Penguin

Marchin' on
- I'm in college and I don't like drinking. It makes me feel sick and I don't find the prospect of being drunk a desirable thing.
- I don't read most books meant for my age range because I find many of them too risque for my liking.
- I think reptiles are incredibly cute.
- I think most baby animals are cuter than human babies, and I don't feel comfortable around young children.
- I thought Conquest was boring, and never finished it.
- I second other posters in that I don't think HGSS is as good as it's made out to be.
- I liked PM: Sticker Star's battle system better than SPM's.
- I think In-N-Out Burger is extremely overrated. I just do not understand the cult following it has.

I could go on, but that's enough for now, I think.

Psychic

Really and truly
  • I've always liked a lot of animals that aren't generally well-liked, like reptiles, tarantulas and bats.
  • I do not want to live in the US if I can avoid it.
  • I like grammar, and I don't respect people who make no effort to use it properly.
  • I will call you out if you use words like "gay" in a derogatory way.
  • I am a feminist and I am not cool with sexist bs. Come at me - so we can have an open discourse about it! :>

Silent_Vibrava

Fanfiction Writer
More smaller opinions without facts that are really unpopular for most in my social group:

-Yes, being completely vegan or vegetarian is more expensive.

-Your pets are not human children. You treating them like they are is damaging to their psyche.

-To curb global warming would take a sacrifice of hundreds of billions of dollars. And the suffering of quality of life is just not worth it.

-Hanna Barbara cartoons and most 80s cartoons are terrible, and frankly I'm glad that sexist, racist, repetitive trash is barely being shown on television anymore. There's a reason Scooby-doo survived all this time and others did not. It isn't just part of the times either. In the 40s-70s, there were lots of alternative voices. They were just silenced by conservatives in power.

-Men do have power over women in some form and always will. The ability to overpower and impregnate a women against her will is a lot of power. Women will always be cautious of men for this reason.

Because I got negative reputation in another thread for this opinion, I definitely should include it:

-Atheists and other non believers of God or a deity should create their own nation-state. The motivation mainly being that scientific and social progress is not retarded by religious beliefs and believers.

I like Gold and Sliver better HGSS because they are way too grindy for my liking also I had more fun with Other M than Prime because Prime is way too non-linear for my tastes

-Atheists and other non believers of God or a deity should create their own nation-state. The motivation mainly being that scientific and social progress is not retarded by religious beliefs and believers.
Found something to add to my list: Believers and others that accept mystic, supernatural ideas should form their own nation-state so they don't retard social progress in aspects such as civil rights, scientific progress, and political progress.

Last edited:

Psychic

Really and truly
Love how we're now calling religious people retarded...
They are using "retard" as a verb, meaning to slow down or hinder. You are thinking of the noun/adjective, which is generally used in a derogatory way. Please be aware of the difference.

Found something to add to my list: Believers and others that accept mystic, supernatural ideas should form their own nation-state so they don't retard social progress in aspects such as civil rights, scientific progress, and political progress.
I might need to add that one, too, except that I'm not sure I'd trust a society in which science has no place whatsoever.

SlowPokeBroKing

Future Gym Leader
-I hate patriotism in any way.
-"**** shaming" is one of the dumbest damn things I have ever heard of.
-Feminism is ridiculous. Way to be selfish, ladies. How about you fight for the rights of everyone you think is oppressed rather than your own self?
-I don't agree with the exploration of space or the seas. Quit looking for a new planet to eventually settle on. We have one right here. Put those billions of dollars into fixing this one. In regards to water exploration, it doesn't concern humanity what is under the water. I firmly believe that humans need to stay out of lakes, oceans, etc. Especially for recreational purposes. You'll kill a bug for taking shelter in the lonely corner of your basement, so don't come crying when a shark bites your leg off for roaming into his habitat. You're not a hero for surviving, you're a moron for having to survive in the first place.
-Censorship should not be a thing.
-The F word (thank you, censorship) is my absolute favorite word and I am not afraid to use it in any company because it is not derogatory in any way (unless I could get fired from work or something).
-The Fairy type and Mega Evolutions make me feel like the games are taking a step backward, honestly. These things seem more childish than the usual mechanics. That being said, I'm really looking forward to X and Y and will still utilize Fairy types. Not Mega Evos though. Just a personal thing.
-I don't like when people say that heavy music gives them headaches and would rather listen to stuff like dubstep.
-I don't believe in spirits, souls, gods, the afterlife, etc. I believe that science can explain everything.
-I love children.
-I want to not eat meat because I don't like the thought of an animal dying just for my sustenance, but I don't like enough vegetables to actually have a vegetarian/vegan diet.
-I think it's near impossible to be 100% vegan. It's nothing against vegans, there's just butter, eggs, and milk in almost everything that is made nowadays.
-I don't drink, smoke, or do drugs, and I hate when smokers get angry with me for trying to get them to quit. Not only do I not want you to die, many others' health is also at risk. Speaking of cigarettes, e-cigarettes should not be allowed indoors either. I about punched a guy or blowing smoke practically in my face while inside the mall yesterday. Also, if you drink and drive, I do hope you die by running off the road and hitting a tree. Spare those of us who are trying to live safely.
-I truly do not care about the death of an adult whose life did not affect mine, directly or otherwise.
-To actually care about the passing of an entertainment celebrity is beyond my comprehension.
-I do not show respect to anyone that has not shown it to me or has not shown that they have done something worthy of respect. I don't respect old people by default just because they are older than I am. The Golden Rule applies to everyone with enough maturity to comprehend the results of their actions. Hence, why I love kids. Adults know better than to be a dick to someone for no reason. Kids don't.
-I think that if you are going to get a meaningless tattoo, at least get it after you have no more ideas for ones that actually do represent something. Don't you think that a memorial tattoo representing the love for your grandparents is cooler and much more worthy of a lifetime patch of your skin than a tribal arm piece?
-If you kill any animal for sport, you have psychological problems and a low moral standing.
-I hated The Dark Knight Rises and Iron Man 3.

Poetry

Dancing Mad
- Anime is largely overrated and otakus/weaboos should be retained in an institution.
- The Beatles are still and always will be the best goddamn band ever to exist.
- A Link to the Past is a terrible game.
- The music of Final Fantasy is brilliant but the gameplay is beyond awful.
- People who refrain from using coasters should be put to death.

SlowPokeBroKing

Future Gym Leader
- Anime is largely overrated and otakus/weaboos should be retained in an institution.
- The Beatles are still and always will be the best goddamn band ever to exist.
- A Link to the Past is a terrible game.
- The music of Final Fantasy is brilliant but the gameplay is beyond awful.
- People who refrain from using coasters should be put to death.

Nothing against your music taste, ya know, like what you like and all that, but I just don't understand the appeal of The Beatles. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate everything they've done for music and I can dig a few songs, but overall, I find them pretty repetitive and boring.

SaveMeJeebus

Fish are friends
I cannot comprehend those that think drinking alcohol and taking drugs is fun. I cannot comprehend people that sleep about and are "easy"

The Admiral

the star of the masquerade
Poetry;16427377- The Beatles are still and always will be the best goddamn band ever to exist.[/QUOTE said:
I'm not sure how much more mainstream and popular an opinion could get musically.

Atratus

Antimatter Trainer
I have very strong opinions against western and consumer culture, as well as the world being optimized to the young and the media being optimized to extroverts. I am also a vegan, and I don't like "rock classics" other than Pink Floyd.

I also believe that if you love something you should be able to criticize it with the motivation to improve it, an opinion that many in this forum did not seem to approve of :)

Milennin

*hugs Absol*
2nd post in here:

I think the new Star Wars movies are more enjoyable than the old ones, and Jar Jar Binks isn't the worst movie character of all time.
COME AT ME, I dare ya.

I'll probably be back with another unpopular opinion some other day.

Status
Not open for further replies.