• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Opinions that most people won't like/isn't mainstream

Status
Not open for further replies.

PrincessAbsol

While I'm sure there are more people who'd agree than disagree with me on this one on these forums, in real life most of my friends/people I know think I'm stupid because I think the Wii U is cool and if I had the money I'd buy one.
I also like Ke$ha, her songs are fun and catchy. I don't understand all the hate surrounding her (unless that hate is about all the glitter she wears, because she does wear a lot).

Mye

Someone has to win..
I personally don't get why people say "bless you" after you sneeze. For me, it seems like one of those things that is just there to remind us that religion is everywhere. Also, a fun fact: raising your index fingers and putting one on each side of your head is apparently considered "rude" after someone says that, especially when it's a 68yr old nun who says it.

UnitRico

Depends on which country's government they are harassing.

I was speaking in a broader sense. Of course, I can only applaud the uncovering of illegal networks and the like, but defacing websites and publicising sensitive personal information hurts their name, and the reputation of IT in general without having much of another effect.

Hydreigon6507

Here goes nothing:

I hate Pop, Dubstep, Rap, and Country music. (Rock, Punk, and Metal is what I prefer)
I like Max and Tracey from the Pokémon anime. Also, I don't find Team Rocket annoying, and they are actually quite funny. They are just as funny as they were on day 1.
Gurren Lagann is the best anime of all time. Yes, even better than Pokémon, Naruto, and Dragonball Z.... combined.
FPS are not that great, and get boring very fast.
I think that algebra is fun.
I think that sports are overrated.
I hate most teenagers, as they can never get anything through their think skulls. ( I am a teenager though.)
I think that reptiles and insects are cuter than dogs or cats or other animals.
Turtwig is the best Sinnoh starter. Like I said, I love reptiles.
Emboar is not that bad looking.
I agree with most of this. I hate most Pop, Country, and Rap music (I find those genres very irritating). My tastes in music are similar to yours, except I have never really listened to Dubstep (therefore I have few honest opinions of it). I am fond of insects (especially moths, butterflies, and beetles) and reptiles as well, but I also love small mammals. I also agree with you on Turtwig, and Emboar is not ugly in my opinion... Though, I have never really used the Tepig line. I can certainly agree with you on the teenagers complaint as well.
Anyway, apart from all of that, I have some rather feminine interests and some that are definitely more neutral. My second largest interest as far as games go (apart from Pokémon obviously) is the Kirby series, which has a tiny fanbase apart from the children who are into it. I am fond of Kirby because of what is likely one of the largest complaints about it: its simplicity, and it just suits my tastes in general with characters such as Meta Knight, who is also my favorite character out of anything at the moment, and many people hate Meta Knight due to his "overpowered, cheap, etc." appearance in Brawl (from what I have heard, never actually really played any of that series unfortunately ;-; ). I just am fond of his personality mostly. It is a bit ironic that I, a rather quiet, reserved person is into Kirby at first, but if one knew me well, they would understand why, what with my Chronic Anxiety Disorder and Asperger's Syndrome, I usually find it low-stress and not nerve-wracking and terrifying.
With that being stated, I cannot tolerate high-violence games (which are wildly popular). I nearly got a panic attack when someone at a friend's house forced us to play a graphic, M-rated game when I was eight or nine. I think it gave me nightmares, at least...
My favorite generation in Pokémon is fifth generation, which is quite underrated. My favorite Pokémon is Reshiram, and some others I am fond of are Klinklang, Vanilluxe, and Galvantula. I started in the tail end of third generation by the way, getting FireRed in 2006 and gaining interest in it in 2005.
I also do not swear, and I am likely an aromantic asexual as well as I have little to no interest at all in either gender. I have better situations to be concerned about rather than finding love by age twenty-five or some ridiculous nonsense such as that. I am not Christian, either, but I will not state my actual religion (to avoid flaming and other issues).

Silent_Vibrava

Fanfiction Writer
I really look down on ancient civilizations such as the Roman Empire and think they get far too much praise. Sorry, just can't respect them much. No matter how hard I try, I always view them with contempt because of their misogyny and allowance of slaves. My civilization is no shining example either, but it is light years ahead of those bleak places.

I personally don't get why people say "bless you" after you sneeze. For me, it seems like one of those things that is just there to remind us that religion is everywhere.

i heard somewhere that it was because in ye olden time people believed that sneezing was done by people who were posessed and the sneeze was the devil coming out of you... through your nose, i guess or something like that.

Also, a fun fact: raising your index fingers and putting one on each side of your head is apparently considered "rude" after someone says that, especially when it's a 68yr old nun who says it.

that is very surprising.

XlordgoldX

Hi 5s & stage dives
I dont know if this counts but, one day im going to get some face tattoos, lol

Flari

While I'm sure there are more people who'd agree than disagree with me on this one on these forums, in real life most of my friends/people I know think I'm stupid because I think the Wii U is cool and if I had the money I'd buy one.
I also like Ke$ha, her songs are fun and catchy. I don't understand all the hate surrounding her (unless that hate is about all the glitter she wears, because she does wear a lot).

Let's buy one together =D

No matter how hard I try, I always view them with contempt because of their misogyny and allowance of slaves. My civilization is no shining example either, but it is light years ahead of those bleak places.
actually, females were very valuable in most decades, the period when they were discriminated is only a tiny part of the whole empiric rule. they maybed didn't have the rights "officially", but it is quite well proven today, that women told their hsubands what to do in many cases!

- I don't mind being a smartass, I'm simply intelligent and I have every right to be proud of that! And if somethign I say is wrong others are welcome to correct me. I'm eager to learn new information
- I would very much support "Darwin awards" and such, this world would be better off with less stupid and useless. We are doing great parts of this planet no good by "helping the lesser fortunate" through improved technology and medical care. We are annilihating evolution within human boundaries. That said, no, this does not mean I only want the strong and intelligent whatevers to survive, only that we are leaving evolution no room.
- (In retrospect to UnitRico) Animal and races die out, that's evolution, that's normal, as long as it isn't human fault. If it is, we should at least try not to destabilise them further, other than that, DON'T CLONE MAMMOTHS (they're not worth the trouble of feeding them)
- World War III is inevitable, worldwide peace cannot be achieved without suppression, thus never possible
- Globalisation as in merging cultures and linking yourself worldwide, especially on the internet, is ********
- GEN III FOREVER
- I never ever watched one episode of doctor who nor breaking bad nor game of thrones and I probably never will
- I play some videogames just for the way they look
- We use way too much technology in our everyday life and I am pro a "day without technology" holiday kind of thing
- I am also Pro polygamy
- I never drank coffee and I never will, I detest it, it's the worst drug that is also best implemented into our society and no one seems to notice.
- Gen I was way more uncreative than the more recent ones
- Christianity sucks
- Society sucks aswell, atleast all those "self-imposed rules" about what's "right" and what's "wrong", certain moreales are important, but a lot of those rules are nonsense
- Hidden values are a nice addition to make things more unpredictable and stuff, but I really can't bother with everyone going "all in" one the background programming with the games, same goes for shinies, natures and the like.

That's all for now, I will find new things though xD

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
I just hate society and people in general.

I think most of us do. Well, personally I don't hate humanity, but like everyone, I do have my limits as to what I find acceptable in society and people. *shrugs*

- (In retrospect to UnitRico) Animal and races die out, that's evolution, that's normal, as long as it isn't human fault. If it is, we should at least try not to destabilise them further, other than that, DON'T CLONE MAMMOTHS (they're not worth the trouble of feeding them)

Next to the fact that... where are they going to live, especially the wooly mammoth? They had thick hair for a reason, and this is a world that's not currently in an Ice Age. Siberia and Greenland can only do so much for them at this point. Also, God forbid we try to bring the dinosaurs back. It'd be awesome, but most of them were big creatures that are more likely than not to be extremely dangerous, even the most docile ones. And don't deny it, if the Velociraptor was ever cloned (more specifically a pack), we'd be screwed.

Really, science is amazing, but there are some things that science shouldn't ever be used for, and cloning (or "de-extinction" as these wackos are calling it) extinct animals is one of them (though I'm not fond of cloning in general due to personal ethics, but that's in its own little category). The environment is unfit for them now, it's called natural selection. Mother Nature has no more use for them. They had their chance to adapt, and they couldn't. Some people need to let it go.

Dark Dranzer

I never got the appeal of Deadpool and think he's one of the most overrated heroes ever.

I don't care for either Batman or Superman, the latter being slightly higher on the care meter because at present I'm getting sick of the anti-heroes

IMO X-23 should've remained in X-Men: Evolution continuity

Last edited:

Aquanova

I have a whole list of these. I really do not care if they are seen as strange/weird/dumb

-I do not care for My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. I honestly think it is pretty boring and the characters are not interesting. This is after watching the whole first season and a few episodes from the 2nd and third seasons.

-The 3rd gen/Hoenn Pokemon games are honestly not my favorite, Ive played them a lot of times, but I couldnt help feeling they were bland and Im not a huge fan of a lot of Hoenn Pokemon. Despite this, I still wish to see Hoenn get it's chance at a remake on the 3DS.

-I do not really like meat very much. I eat little of it and dislike eating a lot of meat.

-I hate drinking milk, I think it's kinda gross and bad tasting.

- I have a hatred for tomatoes and any tomato products including tomato sauce, ketchup, etc. I simply do not eat them. I know I can be considered weird and strange for this but thats just the way I am.

- I like animals a lot more than people. They are so much easier to get along with, don't judge you or make fun of your mistakes, call you stupid or insult you and other things.

-Sometimes I think its better to be alone sometimes, as being around other people can be stressful and they arent always very nice or easy to get along with.

The Admiral

the star of the masquerade
Sorry, folks, but Hoenn was bad.

Also, I'd like to point out that, since a lot of people go on about how the Sega Genesis had a worse sound chip than the Super NES -- Yes, that's true, but you can do great things on bad technology. And you can have the cymbals from Link to the Past on something as great as the SNES. Now, to be fair, the SNES had a lot of great music worthy of praise, and not every Sega game had Ecco the Dolphin's soundtrack, but an adept craftsman can still make great things with mediocre tools, and a questionable one can still make a piece of **** with the best tools. (Don't get me wrong -- Link to the Past had good music, but the cymbal sample used on the first overworld theme is ****ing terrible and just launches me right out of any enjoyment I get out of it -- for good cymbals on the SNES, consult the SOS soundtrack.)

(Okay, that got kind of specific and weird at the end.)

AJ

❖☢☼☯☾♛☮
Gonna get so much hate for this: I don't like pokemon (anymore)
used to, but that changed. I'm still here though

Also late 90's and early 2000's were music's golden age for me.
Lil Wayne can't rap and Kanye is stupid.
The old Miley was better
The Beibs, One Direction, Gaga, Katy Perry, T Swift, ect. fans are ignorant and deprived of good music.
I hate MLP and don't understand why anyone over 12 would like it. I said it.

Vikings

Oracle
Lil Wayne can't rap and Kanye is stupid.
The old Miley was better
The Beibs, One Direction, Gaga, Katy Perry, T Swift, ect. fans are ignorant and deprived of good music.

I think these are more mainstream than not to be honest.

-I don't find Jennifer Lawrence attractive and I don't get why so many people have an obsession with her.

-I think electronic music (dubstep included) is a modernized version of orchestral and classical music. I also think it is far more capable of showing emotion than rap and pop music without any use of words.

Are you referring to MLP, MLP Tales or MLP:FiM because if you're referring to FiM typically people watch it because it has really good animation and writing.
MLP and Tales are just plain bad. Did that enlighten you (・・?

Last edited:

cwertle

Don't Blink!
-I don't find Jennifer Lawrence attractive and I don't get why so many people have an obsession with her

I think most people like her more for her humor and personality, though I may be wrong. She can be amusing. :p

Sohryu

Be a Man!
Also late 90's and early 2000's were music's golden age for me.

And I totally agree. Also, I like those musics from early 2005.
And I too, will NEVER understand how someone can like MLP.
And I don't really like mainstream music (those of my country) and I do get a lot of hate because of that.

Blazekickblaziken

Snarktastic Ditz
I think they should've waited to release gen vi. Only 79 New pokemon (+3 that have been leaked but not released), no poke contest-Like thing mini game, not very many fairy type moves released, they went from the linearity of Unova to a hub and spokes type system (which I'm not sure is any better), it didn't feel like there was anything to explore. I feel like they were so eager come out with cool new things that they threw out the baby with the bathwater.

Over all gen vi is a solid gen, but didn't live up to its own potential.

Also, gen 3 is my favorite gen. Poke contests, hidden bases, abilities, double battles (although there were almost none in game), awesome pokemon, the only thi that could have made it better would have Been if the physical/special split had been introduced that gen.

Status
Not open for further replies.