• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Opinions that most people won't like/isn't mainstream

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vikings

Oracle
I think most people like her more for her humor and personality, though I may be wrong. She can be amusing. :p

True. Her personality is a big reason why people are drawn to her, but I know her physical appeal is a large factor of it as well.

Mi-tan

Most of my unpopular opinions have probably already been mentioned by others, so I'll say one that I've seen virtually nowhere...

I don't like Puella Magi Madoka Magica. At all. I have no idea why people get so worked up about it and think of it as the crowning glory of anime, when I found it poorly written and executed. The one thing I liked about it was the idea, but that just got swallowed up by everything else. I always sort of mentally glare at the people who say that it was the "first dark deconstruction of the magical girl genre", or the people who say "I thought it would be silly, then I saw episode 3 OMG" (seriously, the lack of character development by episode 3...imho that's not something you should have to retcon by way of movies). And yeah, I could go on, but I think that's probably good enough. xD

The Admiral

the star of the masquerade
I don't like Puella Magi Madoka Magica. At all. I have no idea why people get so worked up about it and think of it as the crowning glory of anime,

Why, it's because:

people who say that it was the "first dark deconstruction of the magical girl genre"

They haven't seen Princess Tutu. Which did that better and earlier.

Jb

Tsun in the streets
Shots fired

Princess Tutu's story was unique but got iffy after the 5th episode. The characters were also pretty dull and the animation was meh, even for 2002 when things like Kiddy Grade and FMA were airing. Honestly, the only think wrong with Madoka other than the fanboys was that the main character didn't really do anything until the last few episodes. Other than that, the story was more well rounded, characters were more engaging and it had a more satisfying ending.

and dat ost

Last edited:

Mi-tan

Shots fired

Princess Tutu's story was unique but got iffy after the 5th episode. The characters were also pretty dull and the animation was meh, even for 2002 when things like Kiddy Grade and FMA were airing. Honestly, the only think wrong with Madoka other than the fanboys was that the main character didn't really do anything until the last few episodes. Other than that, the story was more well rounded, characters were more engaging and it had a more satisfying ending.

and dat ost

Ehehe, I can't actually agree with any of your opinions except regarding the OST. But I guess that's why I posted here in the first place! xD

I cannot stand Tsundere's for the life of me (ーー゛)

jovialPhilosopher

Mage of Mind
Apart from the birth defects that tend to come with the couple's children, in a relationship that doesn't produce a pregnancy, I don't think incest is bad at all and shouldn't be looked down upon if they're consenting adults.

While homosexuals are just getting their rights, I think it's proper all harmless love gets recognized. I know it's not going to happen, but I'm for polygamy as well and I don't care at all when people with different chemistry in their brains fall in love with inanimate objects.

I just think people need to not get so upset when love is harmless to them.

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
Apart from the birth defects that tend to come with the couple's children, in a relationship that doesn't produce a pregnancy, I don't think incest is bad at all and shouldn't be looked down upon if they're consenting adults.

This is so wrong and disgusting it hurts.

Here's one that normal people in the real world tend to be okay with, but dudes on the internet lose their **** over:

If you're mad about the idea that having sex with a drunk person makes you a rapist, quit complaining and make yourself into someone sober people might consider having sex with

ellie

Δ
Staff member
Admin
it's not JUST wrong because of birth defects. in families there is almost always some sort of unequal balance of power in the members. whether it's older sibling/younger sibling, parent/child, aunt/nice or nephew, etc, it's pretty much impossible to have an incestual relationship that has no power dynamic whatsoever.

jovialPhilosopher

Mage of Mind
it's not JUST wrong because of birth defects. in families there is almost always some sort of unequal balance of power in the members. whether it's older sibling/younger sibling, parent/child, aunt/nice or nephew, etc, it's pretty much impossible to have an incestual relationship that has no power dynamic whatsoever.

If you say things like that, you better damn well oppose any relationship with a significant age difference in it, too. Siblings usually don't even have enough of a difference to make it "significant", either.

Anyway, I'm not looking to start a debate in a thread that doesn't ask for one. PM me from now on if anyone has an argument. I'm more than happy to elaborate, but I'm ignoring all further public enticement.

octoboy

I Crush Everything
-I don't find Jennifer Lawrence attractive and I don't get why so many people have an obsession with her.

That reminds me, I've never understood the appeal of Emma Watson. Not that I in any way find her ugly, I just don't see her as being much more attractive than any celebrity, so I've never got why so many people seem to talk about her as the pinnacle of human beauty.

Psychic

Really and truly
If you're mad about the idea that having sex with a drunk person makes you a rapist, quit complaining and make yourself into someone sober people might consider having sex with
Huh? You're implying that all people who say you can't get consent from a drunk person have trouble finding sexual partners, and I really fail to see the relation of one to the other. Not all people who fall into one category automatically fall into the other, so I'm really not sure where you came up with this.

As for another unpopular opinion, I think the way we obsess over certain people (namely celebrities and other people widely in the public eye) is ridiculous, especially when we start getting into their personal lives. Social media has made this even easier and more acceptable. Hell, I'll admit that I've done this myself. Parasocial relationships are wack, yo.

ThePoonFlipper

I feel that it is justified if a mother chooses to abort a foetus that is confirmed to turn out to be mentally retarded. Of course, most would say that every individual has his right to life, and the mother shouldn't be allowed to decide its fate, which I can agree on, except for the fact that these people are incapable of making choices like a normal human being. Additionally, I view this form of euthanasia to be, in fact, not only relieving the society of a burden, but most importantly, the mentally challenged of his lifelong burden. Sorry if that sounded pretty harsh, but honestly speaking, I would rather not live at all if I was cursed for life with such a terrible affliction.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
As for another unpopular opinion, I think the way we obsess over certain people (namely celebrities and other people widely in the public eye) is ridiculous, especially when we start getting into their personal lives. Social media has made this even easier and more acceptable. Hell, I'll admit that I've done this myself. Parasocial relationships are wack, yo.

This. All of this. The fact that some of those celebrities became celebrities because of social media *coughKardashiancough* makes it all the more ridiculous. Yes, some people get their 15 minutes of fame, but that's all it should be at most. This isn't the Guilded Age anymore--it shouldn't be, anyway.

This is why I can't stand celebrities (and Hollywood in general) and why I hate shows like TMZ and Extra TV. But apparently some of these so-called journalists have no lives to call their own that they have to peer into the personal lives of celebrities to feel important about themselves; and celebrities fall under two categories: those who don't want the paparazzi following them (and some of them try to stay out of the public eye for that very reason), and those who are attention whores. The fact there are normal folks who are encouraging this by tuning in to this crap and making a big deal out of it makes it all the more ubiquitous.

ellie

Δ
Staff member
Admin
If you say things like that, you better damn well oppose any relationship with a significant age difference in it, too. Siblings usually don't even have enough of a difference to make it "significant", either.

Anyway, I'm not looking to start a debate in a thread that doesn't ask for one. PM me from now on if anyone has an argument. I'm more than happy to elaborate, but I'm ignoring all further public enticement.

I'm not replying to this for you but for anyone else who may be reading this thread.

Age difference and power imbalance are not the same thing at all. I am only a year and a half older than my brother and I was put in charge of him many times when we were younger, and most of my friends with similar age differences were the same way. It's the same reason why many companies have policies against dating your boss, universities have rules against dating professors, etc.

Kiruria

La Melancolie Noir
Of all the opinions I have, one of the most controversial is that the Twilight Saga is not as horrible as many people make it out to be. In fact, I find it quite amusing. Of course, it's not that good either. I've actually had quite a few people get mad at me for mentioning Twilight references. And none of them were Twihards. Yeah, I get the series is not the best. But taboo? Come on.

Status
Not open for further replies.