• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Opinions that most people won't like/isn't mainstream

Status
Not open for further replies.

fitzy909

Just another guy
I think One Direction is a rubbish piece of crap that would make most peoples ears bleed. Maybe not mainstream here on Serebii but holy **** they're ****ing everywhere in real life.

i know!. My soster likes them and i have a few friends at school who REALLY like them. I can't stand them and it gets annoying hearing their Cr@p songs.

Vikings

Oracle
There's a very good reason for why you find it familiar to Home Movies as Bob's Burger's creator, Loren Bouchard, also co-created Home Movies with Brendon Small. And the voice cast is amazing! H. Jon Benjamin is a legend in the voice acting community (y'know...Home Movies, Dr. Katz, Archer, etc.), Kristen Schaal is perfect as Louise (see also: Mabel in "Gravity Falls"), and Eugene Mirman is always hilarious (aside from Gene, check him out as Yevginy Mirminsky on "Delocated!", or his left-field stand-up acts). Dan Mintz and John Roberts also crack me up with the fact that they both play female characters with silly voices.

Also, the Cleveland Show has already been cancelled for real. It doesn't have a following like any of those other shows you mentioned, I can't see it coming back with new episodes.

Interesting. I had never bothered looking up the cast, but that's awesome to hear! I've missed Home Movies for a while now, so maybe I'll start following Bob's Burger more closely now that I know that.

As for The Cleveland Show, I can't help but be disappointed. It didn't have the most likable characters, or the best plot, but it still had some great episodes. Hot Cocoa Bang Bang for example. Oh well, I guess Seth MacFarlane has too much on his plate. All of his shows seem to have been declining for some time now. Maybe after A Million Ways to Die in the West is out, he'll be able to juggle things better.

SharpedoX

Treinador Áureo
-I don't really care what people really do as long as it doesn't effect me
-Voting is a waste of time and my vote won't change anything
-Stereotypes tend to be right

All of these.

~I think MARVEL movies keep getting better and better.
~I find it best to see a single Thor movie instead of 3 Batman ones crammed together.
~"The Hobbit" should have been a single movie.
~The Rolling Stone magazine is overrated.
~I think music isn't getting worse as we progress in time.
~The pokémon anime and the games should have finished already regardless of how much they make.
~I think Ben Affleck will play a good, if not excellent Batman.
~I dislike how certain movie directors apply a "darker, grittier tone" to everything nowadays.
~Reading is... everything.
~I despise militant atheists and religious folk alike. Anything militant altogether if I'm employing the correct usage of the word.
~Matt Smith as the 11th and Steven Moffat... Can't stand them at all. Come back David Tennant. Come back Russell T. Davies...

Last edited:

Sohryu

Be a Man!
I think One Direction is a rubbish piece of crap that would make most peoples ears bleed. Maybe not mainstream here on Serebii but holy **** they're ****ing everywhere in real life.

I'm with you. I'm not the type of person that nitpick others people likes, specially music taste, but how one can like One Direction is a mystery to be solved. At least to me.

Vikings

Oracle
~I think MARVEL movies keep getting better and better.

I just can't wrap my head around this one...at all...Unless CGI makes a movie for you.

As for Affleck, I wouldn't say he'll be an excellent Batman, but I do respect him as an actor. People don't realize that the writing is more crucial than anything else when it comes to something like Batman. It sounds like they're already screwing it up greatly though. All they had to do was base it off of The Dark Knight Returns Part 2, and remove some minor pieces of it, such as Carrie Kelley, and they'd have no problem with it. Now I'm hearing talk of Wonder Woman? My expectations are already dirt low. I knew I couldn't trust Batman in the hands of Zack Snyder.

Last edited:

SharpedoX

Treinador Áureo
I just can't wrap my head around this one...at all...Unless CGI makes a movie for you.

As for Affleck, I wouldn't say he'll be an excellent Batman, but I do respect him as an actor. People don't realize that the writing is more crucial than anything else when it comes to something like Batman. It sounds like they're already screwing it up greatly though. All they had to do was base it off of The Dark Knight Returns Part 2, and remove some minor pieces of it, such as Carrie Kelley, and they'd have no problem with it. Now I'm hearing talk of Wonder Woman? My expectations are already dirt low. I knew I couldn't trust Batman in the hands of Zack Snyder.

Like the thread says, it's a non-mainstream opinion. I get that people don't get my point of view and that's perfectly natural. I'm just not changing mine based on the tide. It's not the CGI... it's just the atmosphere of these movies. I could be here all day exposing myself even! And overall, I love the actors.

Last edited:

Vikings

Oracle
Like the thread says, it's a non-mainstream opinion. I get that people don't get my point of view and that's perfectly natural. I'm just not changing mine based on the tide. It's not the CGI... it's just the atmosphere of these movies. I could be here all day exposing myself even! And overall, I love the actors.

Ah, alright then. I didn't mean to sound disrespectful of your opinion, was just extremely confusing to me since I'm the exact opposite. I haven't been too impressed with anything Marvel has put out since 2008 with Iron Man (am yet to see the Thor sequel). I guess that's what makes me more of a DC fan though.

- I hate 98% of rap music. There are VERY few exceptions where I actually like a few rap songs.
- Also music-related: Lyrics are good and all but I tend to prefer the actual instrumental background, and the talent that goes with it.
- I'm not much of a movie-goer. I like Star Wars, Sam Raimi's Spider-Man movies, Terminators 1 and 2, and that's about it.

Can't think of very many at the moment but those are my three most prominent.

Mister_SGG

I know this is the opinions thread, but what is hard to understand about a movie series with likeable actors, a light-hearted but still serious plot, and one which *arguably* successfully pulled off the greatest ensemble-cast film of all time? Who didn't get chills when all the Avengers form up to kick alien a**?

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
- I really don't like every single music created in the past 50 years that isn't A; classical, B; Elvis, or C; Game Music.
- I think Game Music is the best thing to exist in a Game. Period. Except Surskit.
- I think reading is infinitely better than TV, and that books are always better than their Movie counterparts.
- I like the Regular SPPF Theme the most.

Yeah...

EDIT: Lol I got Neg Repped twice because I can't stand all that bizzare sound-effects with random words.

Last edited:

Vikings

Oracle
I know this is the opinions thread, but what is hard to understand about a movie series with likeable actors, a light-hearted but still serious plot, and one which *arguably* successfully pulled off the greatest ensemble-cast film of all time? Who didn't get chills when all the Avengers form up to kick alien a**?

Myself. I think I've already posted why I hated Avengers in this thread already, so I'll spare you the paragraphs pointing out the mediocre plot, the reliance on CGI, and the sporadic momentum of the film that made it feel like a waste.

As I said, Marvel hasn't made anything that has really impressed me since 2008 with Iron Man (yet to see The Wolverine or Thor 2). I've seen a drastic decline in their movies over the past few years, like Iron Man 3 for example.

Also, I think it is immensely beyond exaggeration to say the "greatest ensemble-cast film of all time". Even TDK had a better cast. Morgan Freeman and Michael Caine are legends, Gary Oldman, Christian Bale, Ledger, even Cillian Murphy has had better performances than half of The Avengers cast. Don't get me started on casts like Pulp Fiction and True Romance. I don't think Scarlett Johansson and Chris Evans come anywhere near casts like those. Although, I do respect RDJ, SLJ, and Mark Ruffalo (hell, Ultimate Universe Nick Fury was literally based off of SLJ)

Last edited:

Dragoniss

I'm 26 now, why am I still here?
- I like the Transformers movies.
- I actually like Sonic Lost World and do get my fair amount of enjoyment from Sonic 06.
- AG and DP sagas sucked, BW was actually good.
- RSE were crappy and had a horrible region.
- I didn't like the soundtrack for Skyward Sword [but I loved the game.]
- I don't think college is really all that nessessary anymore, except I'm still going to it.
- I think all male country singers have the same freaking voice.
- The Japanese "anime" art style is actually an art style [this is more directed at my high school art teacher who only though of realism as art]
- I don't see the point of having to take a math class that's more advance than a life math class unless you're going into a math degree.
- I don't see why we have to take generals at all.
- I agree with the person that said stereotypes are sadly 90% of the time right.
- Van Helsing is a good movie.
- Veronica Taylor will always be Ash's best voice actress.
- Blue's name isn't Blue, it's Green.

Whoops I complain a lot.

Vikings

Oracle
- RSE were crappy and had a horrible region.

So much damn surfing!!! I love the Pokemon gen 3 brought us, but I agree, such a pain to play through.

- The Japanese "anime" art style is actually an art style [this is more directed at my high school art teacher who only though of realism as art]

Most art teachers are terrible anyways, at least from my experience. There's a reason why high school art classes are perceived as a joke. I respect art and the creators behind them, but the words "art" and "teach" are very contradicting.

- I don't see the point of having to take a math class that's more advance than a life math class unless you're going into a math degree.

This is a very valid point. High school needs to be revised majorly. Too much time is being invested in things that aren't going to impact our life, nor our career. Math is important to a certain level, but knowing the quadratic formula isn't going to help you much in the real world. I never understood why it's mandatory you learn about parabolas, but things like cooking and sewing are electives...

Sohryu

Be a Man!
One more... I don't think most the old songs are great and today music is bad. Today mainstream music is bad, but even then, it goes with personal taste. But I really don't think 70/80s music were the greatest era regsrding the musics...

- I hate 98% of rap music. There are VERY few exceptions where I actually like a few rap songs.

I'm with you there. I like one or other, but it isn't to many.

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
The reason older music tends to look better is because only the really good stuff is remembered, though the really bad stuff does to as a "Look at this" reason. There's a lot of okay-bad music that just gets forgotten, unlike today where you get it all at the same time.

Cyan

Mortal
The best music is country music from the 40s and 50s

Dispute this and i will fight you

Sohryu

Be a Man!
The reason older music tends to look better is because only the really good stuff is remembered, though the really bad stuff does to as a "Look at this" reason. There's a lot of okay-bad music that just gets forgotten, unlike today where you get it all at the same time.

Indeed. I've never seen it in that way, and it does make a lot of sense. If you only has access to the good things, you'll obviously never will pay attention to the bad ones, except when it's thrown at your face.

UnitRico

the "Friendzone" is not real - it's just applied natural selection

Oh yes, so much yes. I can't exactly remember if it was a video or a picture, and who the author was (though I believe it was ADoseOfBuckley...), but it was glorious and amazing and made short work of this horrid term.

Status
Not open for further replies.