• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Opinions that most people won't like/isn't mainstream

Status
Not open for further replies.

-Nator-

Nutella.... what's so popular about that stuff? It was only recently, and it's been around for years. I don't get you trendies, TBH.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Nutella.... what's so popular about that stuff? It was only recently, and it's been around for years. I don't get you trendies, TBH.

Yeah, I don't get this, either. I tried it once, but it tasted rather generic to me. My brothers would down it like crazy, though (sometimes straight from the jar), so maybe I ate it wrong or something.

Fenix

Tremulant
I wasn't a huge fan of Nutella growing up either, now I'm partial to it though. Best way to eat it is just as a spread on [good] bread. Straight from the jar is gross though. There was one person at my elementary school that made sandwiches with Nutella AND Butter. ಠ_ಠ

Breeder Drew

I also find Nutella absolutely disgusting. White teenage girls seem to absolutely love it though, much like Ugg boots and starbucks.

Why is vegemite so damn popular here, in fact; why is it an australian icon when it tastes like s***

Weavy

I come and go suddenly
Ok, I have some more opinions I think are unpopular.

1.I actually liked the newer Crash Bandicoot games
2.I like all three iterations of Spyro the Dragon
3.I personally feel Frozen isn't as good as everyone says it is
4.I think Pixar is overrated
5.I can't stand My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic
6.I liked the anime Sonic X

Chibi_Muffin

Smart Cookie
I actually used to like Skylanders. The first two games, anyway. I'm not really a Spyro fan so the redesign didn't bother me. The toy concept is... kind of a ripoff (we ended up only using about half of them) but as concepts go it's not terrible. I liked the characters - they had things like griffins and unicorns and ghost knights which are some of my favourite fantasy concepts, and the designs were actually pretty cool. One of the things that made me first like the game (I did originally hate it for the toy thing) was that all of the characters had their own unique backstories - that told me that they weren't just created for the sake of sales, but that actual effort was put into these characters. To this day, I still have a soft spot for some of them.

What turned me off the latest game in the franchise wasn't the toys or the redesigns. It was the poor quality of the new characters (they have very monotonous designs and backstories) combined with the focus being more on the gimmicks than on the core game. It felt like the creativity was gone out of the franchise, and so what started as an expensive but kinda cool novelty ended up just being the soulless cash grab I thought it was at the start. :/

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
After watching Frozen today, I've come to the conclusion that it was just an okay film that should've focused more on the relationship between sisters. There really wasn't anything spectacular about it, I really don't know what people find amazing about it. The highlight of the film was Elsa making her ice castle while singing "Let It Go", which even then is an okay song that got abused so much in real life that it lost its power. Only reason I think it won an Oscar was because even though the visuals were striking during that scene, Disney has official cover music videos to encircle the globe with, and that people wouldn't stop singing/quoting/talking about the song over and over. Anna I feel is a more interesting character than Elsa if only because I liked her personality and how she still loved her sister even though they didn't have a strong relationship anymore.

But it probably didn't help that I have no sisters, and that I have a good relationship with my younger brothers anyway. Either way, I make no plans to watch it again.

Steampunk

One Truth Prevails
The show is only acceptable if you're under 6 years of age.

Will someone please tell that to my 14 year old brother?
Admittedly, I try not to get on people's case about that show, even though I think it is incredibly stupid, because, yes, I watched Powerpuff Girls as a kid, so who am I to judge?

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Admittedly, I try not to get on people's case about that show, even though I think it is incredibly stupid, because, yes, I watched Powerpuff Girls as a kid, so who am I to judge?

The thing is, though, Powerpuff Girls appealed to both boy and girls from the start. My Little Pony as a whole has a demographic of young girls, it always has. So for a part of that franchise to have writing and characters that have managed to appeal to people outside of its target demographic is almost like a breath of fresh air. I've seen some episodes of Friendship is Magic, by myself and with my brothers, so I can see where people are coming from when they say that it's good. It indeed is a step-up from the previous generations, and considering that Lauren Faust was a fan of My Little Pony growing up, but wanted to do something different with the franchise, I think this was what she was going for, in some aspects. I don't think she really expected it to be as popular with her male fanbase, but she respects them.

Just because some bad, crazy apples have spoiled the bunch doesn't mean that the entire brony fanbase is nothing but crazy manchildren. My brothers and a friend of mine are bronies, and they're sane about it. They have no desires to dress up as a Pony, nor do they have sexual fantasies about the Ponies or any of those creepy, obsessive things. In the case of my friend, he likes the show because he's a fan of animation, and he likes animated shows with good writing and characters, no matter the target demographic. He also is a fan of Lauren Faust because she's a great writer and animator.

So I totally understand where the sane people are coming from. It's just that unfortunately, every single fanbase has their crazies that ruin it for everyone else. I respect people's opinions about their feelings on the show/fanbase, but it's only when they don't do their bloody research that I have issues with them.

disposable_heroes

<- Best PKMN Ever
The thing is, though, Powerpuff Girls appealed to both boy and girls from the start. My Little Pony as a whole has a demographic of young girls, it always has. So for a part of that franchise to have writing and characters that have managed to appeal to people outside of its target demographic is almost like a breath of fresh air. I've seen some episodes of Friendship is Magic, by myself and with my brothers, so I can see where people are coming from when they say that it's good. It indeed is a step-up from the previous generations, and considering that Lauren Faust was a fan of My Little Pony growing up, but wanted to do something different with the franchise, I think this was what she was going for, in some aspects. I don't think she really expected it to be as popular with her male fanbase, but she respects them.

Just because some bad, crazy apples have spoiled the bunch doesn't mean that the entire brony fanbase is nothing but crazy manchildren. My brothers and a friend of mine are bronies, and they're sane about it. They have no desires to dress up as a Pony, nor do they have sexual fantasies about the Ponies or any of those creepy, obsessive things. In the case of my friend, he likes the show because he's a fan of animation, and he likes animated shows with good writing and characters, no matter the target demographic. He also is a fan of Lauren Faust because she's a great writer and animator.

So I totally understand where the sane people are coming from. It's just that unfortunately, every single fanbase has their crazies that ruin it for everyone else. I respect people's opinions about their feelings on the show/fanbase, but it's only when they don't do their bloody research that I have issues with them.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS. I just think it's incredibly stupid to judge a show purely based on your previous ideas about the franchise. I also think it's stupid when people judge a group based on the extremely vocal (and obnoxious) minority. I also think it's obnoxious when people jump to these kinds of generalizations and try to downplay something's worth simply because it's for a different demographic. Need I remind you guys that Pokémon was originally meant for children? Surely, that doesn't mean that teens/adults can't enjoy it; likewise, teens/adults can like MLP:FiM for similar reasons.

Also, am I the only person who can't stand the Rolling Stones (aside from a few songs like "Gimme Shelter" and "Beast of Burden")? I just think they're overplayed as heck, and I've grown to despise "Start Me Up" over the years.

Last edited:

好きなぼうし

it's my favorite
some unpopular opinions eh?
1. I don't like harry potter that much.
2. I think Lord of the Rings is a lazy and boring series.
3. I think avengers is overrated and wasn't really that great.
4. I hate McDonalds (This may not be that unpopular)
5. I really don't care for Disney movies.

assassin's creed is not even that fun

Status
Not open for further replies.