• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Opinions that most people won't like/isn't mainstream

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silvijo

Boy bands are starting to become old and are overrated. Call of Duty is too repetitive and a waste of time.

I hate to admit this but no one seems to agree with me on this: Nintendo deserves respect for their longevity, and they are just as good as Sony and Microsoft they just don't have all the violent games a good portion of our generation must have.

That's exactly something I can agree on.
I don't want to get radical on this topic, but it's already visible how the newer generation grows up.

ShiningKnightXY

<----Newest Shiny
We really need to, but unfortunately it's become such a political civil war (because now everything is a political issue, apparently) that I don't think we're ever going to come to proper compromises unless something very, very serious happens. Even then, the media is so biased, they'll only see that serious event as a way to boost up political points on their preferred side of the aisle, and the sheeple will follow after.

Everything in this country revolves around the conflict between these two parties, and I swear this country will run into problems if these two parties can't simply make a compromise and coexist.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
The term "sheeple" needs to die. It really seems to be code for "I want to seem much more above it all than I really am."

Sigh that's so true they're just a bunch of Android/Windows/Samsung elitist that you can't take seriously.

Well, we could call them "drones", but then that would insult actual drones just like calling them "zombies" would insult actual zombies working hard to live up to their name.

Eh, a new terminology will pop up in a few years the further the English language evolves and our dictionaries get updated/downgraded. That is if the Internet ends up not becoming our dictionary and thesaurus.

Steelrush

Banned
Everything in this country revolves around the conflict between these two parties, and I swear this country will run into problems if these two parties can't simply make a compromise and coexist.

I wouldn't expect to see that any time soon. A lot of people world-wide, inside and outside of politics, have a mentality that states "I think everyone should think and believe the same as I do". Therefore, that's a big reason behind all these debates we see on yahoo, youtube, politics forums, and a bunch of other places in real life and around the internet. The only way to unite with these groups is to join them, and they want you to be exactly the same as them in all aspects.

Pretty much, when it comes to politics, compromising and coexisting is an impossibility. Why? Because the "you must conform to my group and everything I believe in" will always be there, and the political party's agenda will always be what it was set up to be.

But as I mentioned above, this applies to a lot of things outside of politics. It's a common nature among a lot of human beings to want everything to be the way they want it to be, and want everyone to be the way they prefer them to be.

Citizen Insane

Eh, life is a game.
Sheeple is a beautiful term. The one's who are, for which they know deep down themselves, are the one's who are offended the most.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Rebecca Black's Friday is one of the best hits of its time.

Last edited:

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Rebecca Black's Friday is one of the best hits of its time.

You know what, interestingly enough I can agree to this. The song sucks, but the reaction to it was what made it a hit, and that was something special (albeit not unheard of, or at least not for a long time). I can't think of any other song that garnered as much (negative, mocking) attention to it as "Friday". Indeed, it's legendary.

Steampunk

One Truth Prevails
We really need to, but unfortunately it's become such a political civil war (because now everything is a political issue, apparently) that I don't think we're ever going to come to proper compromises unless something very, very serious happens. Even then, the media is so biased, they'll only see that serious event as a way to boost up political points on their preferred side of the aisle, and the sheeple will follow after.
*looks at the debate section* I agree with this, no matter what debate is being discussed, 99% of the time, it somehow degrades into Republican v Democrat. I seem to recall reading an article a while back on how many ways for the media to be biased, I admit, I was surprised how many different ways that an something can be effected, everything from writer error and putting a spin on things, to flat out omission, and fact changing. This whole system disgusts me.

disposable_heroes

<- Best PKMN Ever
You know what, interestingly enough I can agree to this. The song sucks, but the reaction to it was what made it a hit, and that was something special (albeit not unheard of, or at least not for a long time). I can't think of any other song that garnered as much (negative, mocking) attention to it as "Friday". Indeed, it's legendary.

This is why we need to stop giving bad performers attention. I can only imagine Patrice Wilson laughing all the way to the bank from all the recognition he's getting by producing all these ARK Music Factory BS songs.

people who always talk about being straightedge are just as bad as people who always talk about smoking weed

Silent_Vibrava

Fanfiction Writer
I wouldn't expect to see that any time soon. A lot of people world-wide, inside and outside of politics, have a mentality that states "I think everyone should think and believe the same as I do". Therefore, that's a big reason behind all these debates we see on yahoo, youtube, politics forums, and a bunch of other places in real life and around the internet. The only way to unite with these groups is to join them, and they want you to be exactly the same as them in all aspects.

Pretty much, when it comes to politics, compromising and coexisting is an impossibility. Why? Because the "you must conform to my group and everything I believe in" will always be there, and the political party's agenda will always be what it was set up to be.

But as I mentioned above, this applies to a lot of things outside of politics. It's a common nature among a lot of human beings to want everything to be the way they want it to be, and want everyone to be the way they prefer them to be.

That is an excellent way to put it. Even though I'd prefer to not be discriminated against because I am transgender, a lot of people would prefer to enforce the rigidity of "your bottom bits always determine what you are", even if it impacts my life and mental health negatively.

Some more unpopular opinions:

+ It is perfectly acceptance and can be non-creepy for a man to like MLP: Friendship is Magic. I do because the writing, extended cast, and other things make the show very enjoyable to watch. I personally think so many people got into MLP not only because the show was awesome than a general run-of-the-mill cartoon, but also because a community of people was created for people to interact with. It is the same thing as going to church. You might not be very religious, but you go to church for the community of people it brings.

-Nator-

people who always talk about being straightedge are just as bad as people who always talk about smoking weed

Especially the straightedge ones who used to have a drug addiction and claim to be "born again", while criticizing others of doing drugs.
The "born again" crap is always a cheap excuse and an easy way out. >.>

ShiningKnightXY

<----Newest Shiny
Justin Bieber is an idiot, and I am glad he is leaving this country.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Justin Bieber is an idiot, and I am glad he is leaving this country.

He's leaving the country?

Either way this is an opinion most sensible people would agree with. You know anyone who isn't a 15yr old highschool girl.

Status
Not open for further replies.