• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Opposites Interact! (643)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Mamoswine & Pachirisu! The Ice Chandelier - Decisive Blow!

After getting through the appeal round of the Grand Festival, Dawn, Zoey, Ursula, Nando and Jessie have some tough battles ahead. However, when Dawn and Ursula have to face eachother in one of the battles, the rivalry heats up. Who will get through to the Semi Finals?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

pokefreak in qatar93

Great Episode !
21 min. of a full on battle :)
really liked how ursala was about to win but lost by a KO (guess KBL something got his/her wish :p)
My only regret was Ursala leaving meaning we don't get to see her Vaporeon in action :( xD

Great Episode !
21 min. of a full on battle :)
really liked how ursala was about to win but lost by a KO (guess KBL something got his/her wish :p)
My only regret was Ursala leaving meaning we don't get to see her Vaporeon in action :( xD

But how could they show Vaporeon battling when her trainer has already been defeated. I wanted to Vaporeon in battle more than Flareon because of its Bulky Water status.

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
Good episode. I must admit I was surprised that Mamoswine managed to resist pretty well the attacks of Flareon, Shadow Ball and Fire Fang. As expected, they didn't show the other battles of the rivals. (Zoey used Gastrodon and Lumineon). Her tactic was a great end. Using the holes to electrify Gabite and Flareon is a great idea, and finally they have fainted.

Animefan145

Its not that big of a surprise, not after Ursala kept grumbling that Dawn won their matches because of the time running out, but its still great to see Dawn ended up KO-ing Ursala's Pokemon first and winning that way. Especially since its a change from the normal "come from behind and inflict huge amounts of damage to the opponents' points without losing anymore of your own points" moment we sometimes see in contests. Since I can't understand Japanese no idea why they used Mamoswine's Ice move instead of Buneary's Ice Beam like in practice (aside from the need to go through all of Dawn's Pokemon during the GF), but still, nice to see Mamoswine's bulkiness used to withstand all those attacks. Guess all the rivals will leave after their losses, which I guess allows for more focus on the remaining competitors, but still almost wish they would hang around till the end.

KurowaSan

Croissant Kamen \o/
I am a little lost. They showed a monitor with a block with 8 coordinators (they were separated in 4 block of coordinators). When they showed flashes of the battles on the other blocks, did they already skip 2 rounds, to the victors of each block and got to the semi-finals with Dawn, Jessilina, Nando and Zoey?

TicoPokemonMaster

I am a little lost. They showed a monitor with a block with 8 coordinators (they were separated in 4 block of coordinators). When they showed flashes of the battles on the other blocks, did they already skip 2 rounds, to the victors of each block and got to the semi-finals with Dawn, Jessilina, Nando and Zoey?

its possible that the monitor was showing the next 8 coordinators to battle. That probably why we didn't see Jessie, Nando or Zoey on the screen yet.

pokefreak in qatar93

But how could they show Vaporeon battling when her trainer has already been defeated. I wanted to Vaporeon in battle more than Flareon because of its Bulky Water status.
No, I meant like with Ursala leaving and not staying like for a couple of episodes , gives us no chance of seeing Vaporeon again . Too bad beacause it happens to be my Fav. xD

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
The Battle was good and really showed Mamoswine is Tank and Powerhouse. So much for people saying Mamoswine would last long against fire types, he took some major hits and still won the fight. The Contest was basically set up for Dawn to win no matter what just like Half of May's Contest were so it was bias. Pachirisu also showed it's toughness by battling Gabite again. The little Squirrel is stronger then people give it credit for. Shame Ursula lost since it feels like she got cheated in the end.

Wordy

#FlorrieSlayage2014
So, Dawn is training outdoors. Fun, I'm sure. Everybody attacking randomly doesn't seem so good, really. And then Team Boring show up! Zoey and Dawn talk for a while. I can't be bothered to listen. Zoey is booooring.

Team Rocket are gorging themselves at the buffet! Well, everyone except 'jessilina,' who says... stuff. Then we cut to the twerps in the waiting room, and who shows up but Ursula and Gabite! She's pissing everyone off, except for the Emotionless Brock. But we love her anyway.

Lots of talking from the Announcer Woman. I forget her name, too. Why no second appeal round? I feel cheated out of water and ice. Next eight to battle are... six random people and Ursula and Dawn! Gee, I didn't see that coming. Rockets are selling merchandise again. Ursula picture <3. Want.

Darn, those are some cool Seals. And it's... Mamoswine and Pachirisu VS. Gabite and Flareon! How exciting. We'll never see poor dear Jiggles and Wormadam again. This makes me upset. Fantina falls in love. Team Boring are talking again. I. Want. To. Shoot. Them. Ursula VS Dawn should be the finals, nagdabbit.

Wow! For once, Electric-type moves do not affect Ground-types! Put this in your diaries, kids. What a cool move- electrically charged Mamoswine charging at the opposition! Gee, that must've hurt! And the lifebar moves once again. I hate it. So bloody erratic. Sit down, Fantina, for Pete's sake. There's enthusiasm, and then there's you.

But Ursula fights back with a Sandstorm!... Or is it Sand Tomb? I can never tell the difference. Pachirisu is blown away. The music is cool. That was reeeally cool. Amazing Scary Face. I love Flareon. Note to self: use one in next Diamond playthrough. And then... Dawn tells Mamoswine to snap out of it, just to be trapped in a Double Team! And then Flareon Shadow Balls'em away.
---Adverts---
Another Double Team trap! And Dawn falls for it again! Blimey, Mamoswine is a strong defender. Things seem like they may improve- but Flareon Fire Spins it all away. And then Gabite's Dragon Claw tears up Pachirisu. Random TR talking...

Back to the battle! Dawn's side is tired while Ursula's have barely broken a sweat. Then- Ursula gets caught offguard and Pachirisu slams into Flareon. And now... more bloody ice. It just looks the same as Buneary and Cyndaquil. Team Boring are talking. Shut up. But this time the function is different! Rolling balls of doom attack Gabite and Flareon! Well, ball. But more great tactics- Gabite and Flareon jump down a hole! Then they jump out! And attack! With Shadow Ball! Wow! Exclamation!

Not very varied tactics, but I suppose Shadow Ball is Ursula's quickest hit-and-run move. The points are very different- a loss is the conclusion for Dawn, surely? Now they use the holes against Ursula! The tables have turned! Pachirisu is now a rolling doomball again, and it's supersped up by Ice Shard! Bang. Gabite and Flareon are down, so no matter what, Ursula now loses with seven seconds left!

And now we say goodbye. Goddammit Ursula, you were Dawn's best rival. Definitely the fandom's favourite. Now we see Team Boring in their battles! How delightfully watery and grassy, as per usual. Yaaaawwwwnnnnn. But Jessie wins her battle, and that's the main thing.
-----------------------------------------------------
Welll... At least Dawn didn't sweep Ursula. Instead, Ursula used her best tactics yet for the perfect sendoff. Nobody pretend- we all know she's gone now. But she was the best character to come out of DP, definitely. Gabite and Flareon were in perfect synch and made for quite the threat to Dawn. If only she hadn't tired them out with all that Digging and Shadow Balling, maybe she could've stalled for seven more seconds and won. Who knows?

uber gon

Accept Change
Wonder what other trippy contest moves will be used later?

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Dawn's first win in the GF and its a bit of a cheap one.

Dawn had a tiny piece of points left, Mamo/Pachi were constantly hit with shadow balls, yet she doesn't lose? And then she comes up with one or two hits against Flareon/Gabite and they're KO'd instantly?

I did enjoy this battle, it was great at parts, but the ending was cheap.

Shame, I'll miss Ursula.

TheNewGuy

To be fair Ursula was hit with some seriously charged combination attacks, and Gabite especially will always be maimed by Ice moves. Plus, well, Dawn is the stronger and better co-ordinator and has proved it thrice now. So of course her Pokemon, especially the naturally bulky Mamoswine, are going to be able to take plenty of hits from weaker Pokemon.

thunderblade12

Mamoswine took most of the hits, like you'd expect from Torterra, while Pachirisu dodged a lot of them. I remember back when people where complaining that Pachirisu never appeared. Now it look like quite the little powerhouse.

Last edited:

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Mamoswine took most of the hits, like you'd expect from Torterra, while Pachirisu dodged a lot of them. I remember back when people where complaining that Pachirisu never appeared. Now it look like quite the little powerhouse.

Didn't Torterra get knocked out by a Dig/Fire Fang combination? Weird how the same moves and more were used here... but that's beside the point really..

Who cares if Mamoswine took those hits? This is a contest and taking those hits still costs you points. The funny thing is that when Gabite and Flareon used the Dig/Shadow combo the first time, Dawn lost half of her remaining points due to Mamoswine being hit. Now look what happens afterwards:

Mamoswine gets hit with more shadowballs - no point reduction?
Mamoswine tries to use Ice Shard, but it fails. So a failed move - no point reduction? Cost Dawn about a quarter when Flareon did this before, so why not again?
Mamoswine is hit by Dragon Claw and Fire Fang, without taking on a defensive stance - no point reduction?

All this, when you figure that one of those combo Dig/Shadowball combo's cost Dawn half of what little she had!

This battle was cheap, and Dawn should've lost, no matter how much natural bulk Mamoswine has. They just stopped giving point reductions while they were definitely due.

Dawn's first win in the GF and its a bit of a cheap one.

Dawn had a tiny piece of points left, Mamo/Pachi were constantly hit with shadow balls, yet she doesn't lose? And then she comes up with one or two hits against Flareon/Gabite and they're KO'd instantly?

I did enjoy this battle, it was great at parts, but the ending was cheap.

Shame, I'll miss Ursula.

I totally agree with you Cyber, there's nothing that can defend against that crappy piece of writing... I mean Mamoswine failed to use an attack, if anything that's instant point reduction, but did it happen? NO! weird..

From what I remember what Dawn hit on Ursula:

Electrified Take Down from Mamoswine on Gabite..
Spark from Pachirisu on Flareon
Both Ursula's pokemon getting hit by a rolling iceball
Both Ursula's pokemon getting hit by a Hiddenpower boosted iceball...

That's three moves on each pokemon. That somehow took them out, Gabite I can understand since its weak to Ice, but the first attack shouldn't have been much of a problem (at least the electrified part has me miffed). Flareon getting knocked out by Spark and then two attacks which do half the damage to it is another stretch...

Thriller

Its almost time
Oh brother.

I'm getting the feeling Gible will evolve during this arc. I mean, its almost finished mastering Draco Meteor... We all remember what happened last time something like this happened right?

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Oh brother.

I'm getting the feeling Gible will evolve during this arc. I mean, its almost finished mastering Draco Meteor... We all remember what happened last time something like this happened right?

I'd laugh so hard if Gible evolves in the last GF ep.

STICKTOPIA