• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Opposites Interact! (643)

Shayuin

Banned
Flame Ice was more impressive the second time around in this episode than the first I thought. The battle overall was a great way of starting off the second round.

Leonhart

Imagineer
In hindsight, as amusing as the Fukamaru training stuff was, it felt largely pointless. It distracted greatly from Urara versus Hikari, which added insult to injury since Urara deserved to be taken seriously for once.

Alloutℯ

Banned
This was the same usual Dawn vs Ursula battle. I liked Ursula's Sandstorm & Scary Face combo though and I also liked Togekiss sending back Draco Meteor to Ash's Gible.

Vulpicks

I have mixed feelings about the battle. I feel like the writers made the mistake of having Ursula manhandle Dawn a bit too much, to the point where it was pretty unbelievable that neither Pachirisu nor Mamoswine were KOed. Also at one point they pretty much flat out stopped giving her point reductions.

On the flip side, I did like how this match didn't involve Dawn coming up with one good idea and winning. Ursula was ready to counter each and every plan Dawn came up with. Truly ruthless.

But yeah, Ursula is such an irredeemable jerk. All the overconfident ones seem to be getting picked off first. I suspect Jessie is next.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I have mixed feelings about the battle. I feel like the writers made the mistake of having Ursula manhandle Dawn a bit too much, to the point where it was pretty unbelievable that neither Pachirisu nor Mamoswine were KOed.

This seemed like a trend during DP's Contests. Hikari's Pokemon tanking so many attacks and making quick comebacks was ridiculous.

Daizy

I call you honey
The damage counter was unfair on both sides during Dawn vs Ursula, laughably so. I was excited throughout the episode even though I knew who'd win and the battle was great. Could have used more Ursula and Dawn interaction though.

Scorbunnie

Mamoswine and Pachirisu being contest partners seemed like a counterproductive decision and I thought that Dawn should have went with a different pairing.

Sure those two won the battle for Dawn either way but it was a close call and Dawn barely won by the skin of her teeth.

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
Ursula's Scary Face and Sandstorm combination reminded me Harry Potter's death eaters back when I was kid. Still to this day, it remains as my favorite animation used in battle ever.

mysticalglacia

Alola Shill
Wow, another excellent battle. I believe the previous Ursula/Dawn battle, this one, and Zoey/Dawn are the best Contest battles in the whole anime. Very exciting, full of twists and turns, and strategic in nature. The only criticism I have with this battle are the points going down wayyyyy too much, for Dawn particularly. Ursula would do a regular attack and it felt like Dawn’s points bar would immediately be halved. I understand the need to make it suspenseful, but consistency in scoring seemed to be thrown to the wind for a lot of this battle.

But apart from that, really great. Ursula’s Gabite and Flareon put in work fr; they made a great combination. The Sandstorm + Scary Face especially was so cool and unique. Ursula cornering Dawn didn’t feel forced either. But of course Dawn recovering and ingeniously showcasing Ice Chandelier (multiple times at that) was amazing. When it came out of the ground and Kimi No Soba De started playing you know **** got real. Everyone being extremely impressed was deserved; no matter how many times it’s shown off Dawn’s ability to logically and creatively turn things around always impresses me. It really never feels like an asspull (I’m sorry May) and reminds me a lot of Ash. Love that subtext

Ursula being a bitter hater to the end was eh. She served her role well, but I wanted more character out of her.