• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Optical Illusions.

Drybones446

That Photography Guy
Have you tried seeing auras of specific objects?

I tried to concentrate at a red circle, and shades of blue appeared at the outlines of the circle. Looking at it longer, it seem to have grewn bigger.

Share your experiences here!

Edit: Talk about any and all optical illusions that interest you, and discuss all the other interesting things your brain does to play tricks on you.

Elrade

Snarky snark snark.
WATCH THE POWER OF AURA! HYAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!

Well, sometimes I see purple auras given off by people.

Rave

Banned
I don't believe in witchcraft.

Drybones446

That Photography Guy
According to my sources, they are spiritually advanced people.

I've been noticing that black things have white auras.

@Rave: They're not witchcraft. Scientifically, I believe the colors emmited by specific colors are the opposite of the rainbow spectrum.

Last edited:

Zenotwapal

have a drink on me
Ummm, you sure you haven't been staring into the sun for too long?

No, i haven't seen anything like this.

Competitive5910

Codename:ArseusEater
According to my sources, they are spiritually advanced people.

I've been noticing that black things have white auras.

@Rave: They're not witchcraft. Scientifically, I believe the colors emmited by specific colors are the opposite of the rainbow spectrum.

... 0.0 Aura? I thought it was a fantasy aspect of pokemon. IT can't be REAL... can it?
No, i don't believe in witchcraft....

Drybones446

That Photography Guy
I rarely get out of my house.

All you need is concentration and patience.

@Competition: It COULD be real.

Then everything that's alive would have an aura.
Oh look, it's the aura of grass, it's the aura of one of those bacteria I'm infected with. Whee!

No

SonicSSJX the Hedgehog

Infinite power!
... 0.0 Aura? I thought it was a fantasy aspect of pokemon. IT can't be REAL

From what I can recall, it came from Dragon Ball/Dragon Ball Z. WAY before Pokemon. But it's believed people can feel their chi in a spiritual sense.

Also, no, you can't see chi. You can somewhat feel it if you undergo spiritual training. If you see it, you're just obsessed and it's all in your head.

Last edited:

Topaz Archer

TheWorldIsQuietHere
...You guys are aware that staring at a colored object for long periods of time will "trick" your mind into seeing the color that is opposite of it (on the color wheel) on the edges of said object?
Little trick we used to do in 7th grade for the hell of it.

Sorry, kids, you aren't magical.
Keep trying, though.

KingRaichu

Hail to da king baby
If aura exists it is not visible because it is not a visual phenomenon. Why should it be? Also, staring at something long enough expecting to see something will 99% result in you inducing hallucinations upon yourself. You can make yourself see (or vice-versa) what you want to see. It's probably that. Again i doubt aura is "visible". I think its more like..um...a feeling, since isn't that exactly what an aura is...and envelope of emotion and thought?

Dragonite14

This is more like those optical illusions like when you stare at the black thing with the white backround, then look at a piece of paper only to see the object again.

Erienne

Anime high :D
Aura is a force emitted by all living things, a semi-electrical field due to the interactions in the body. Whether you believe its the soul, most Eastern and some western religions have documented it; what you saw, I'm afraid was an afterimage, not an aura. Auras aren't always the opposite colour of the object it surrounds...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qi
It is related to Qi/Chi/Ki the life force, and to the chakra in Indian mythology. Whether it is real I can't tell you, having never seen it.

DragonRay8

the shadowtrainer
THE POWER OF AURA ROCKS!

people have alife energcy called aura right?

1. that does not mean it does anything with magic.

2. the aura are peoples souls the brighter, the more life within them they have

i've stared at people and heres what i see:

white- the purest only angles have this color aura
redish-orangeish you have lived a verry gracefull life not the purest but not the evilist
purpleish- normal
purple-bluish you have delt with a lot of things in your life
blackish- YOU ARE EVIL!

notes;

- the more damage you take in battle,the more powerfull your aurasphere is (for those who can actulay use aura sphere)

- currently only 8 pokemon can actulay use the power of aura

AND IT DOES NOT HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH MAGIC! UNLESS YOUR SOUL IS MAGIC and you don't believe in your soul which means you don't believe in god...

and thats my report on auras

Last edited:

Tadashi

kiss my greens
...You guys are aware that staring at a colored object for long periods of time will "trick" your mind into seeing the color that is opposite of it (on the color wheel) on the edges of said object?
Little trick we used to do in 7th grade for the hell of it.

Sorry, kids, you aren't magical.
Keep trying, though.

Exactly.

Look intensely at a magenta circle on a page, and count to 30. Move your eyes away from the circle, and it seems to have a bright green 'aura' around it. It's a cool trick in 7th grade, but there's no way it applies to actual reality.