• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

OR itt

Tsumiki

Tsun Tsun~
Blaziken @ Leftovers / Blazikenite
Lonely Nature (+Atk -Def)
Blaze (Speed Boost)
252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
  • Flare Blitz
  • Hi Jump Kick
  • Thunderpunch
  • Overheat

Going for a MixKen set as opposed to the standard SD set, reason being that +Atk Blaziken's Physical STAB moves are able to run through most of the game without the extra boost. Thunderpunch is Blaziken's answer to his Water and Flying weaknesses. I've opted to use Overheat to take advantage of Blaziken's more than usable 110 SpA. It also serves as a wallbreaker by taking down more Physically defensive Pokemon that might otherwise trouble Blaziken.

Azumarill @ Leftovers
Adamant Nature (+Atk - SpA)
Huge Power
252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
  • Waterfall
  • Play Rough
  • Superpower
  • Aqua Jet

A fairly standard four-move Azumarill, which is the way you should go for ingame. I chose to run Leftovers as Azumarill is slow and will be taking plenty of hits which Leftovers can mitigate to a some extent. The moves are fairly self-explanatory. Waterfall and Play Rough serve as it's dual STAB moves while Aqua Jet is used to pick off weaker Pokemon. Superpower is a powerful move in general that picks off Steel Types.

Pikachu-Belle @ Light Ball
Naive Nature (+Spe -SpD)
Static
4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
  • Thunderbolt
  • Icicle Crash
  • Grass Knot
  • Volt Switch

Giving Pikachu the Light Ball gives it ungodly offenses which lets is punch a hole against most Pokemon. Thunderbolt is it's main STAB move while Volt Switch lets it deal damage while switching, which will occur somewhat often considering how frail Pikachu is. Icicle Crash nets Pikachu the infamous BoltBeam combination while also hitting Ground types that trouble it. Grass Knot is to round out coverage, keeping Pikachu's lackluster Special moveset in mind.

Armaldo @ Leftovers
Adamant Nature (+Atk -SpA)
Battle Armor
252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
  • Rock Slide
  • X-Scissor
  • Earthquake
  • Rock Polish

Setting up a single Rock Polish lets Armaldo outpace most Pokemon found within the course of the game. It's dual STABs function as you'd expect them to. Earthquake rounds up coverage nicely by giving Armaldo QuakeEdge to work with.

Weezing @ Expert Belt
Modest Nature (+SpA -Atk)
Levitate
252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 Spe
  • Sludge Bomb
  • Flamethrower
  • Thunderbolt
  • Will-o-Wisp

Weezing was chosen as my team needed a more Defensive Pokemon that still has offensive potential. Sludge Bomb is the main STAB move. Will-o-Wisp is a support move that gives Weezing artificial bulk against Physical attackers, making him more or less invincible against them. The coverage moves were chosen as they give Weezing the most potential coverage between the two moves.

Flygon @ Life Orb
Naive Nature (+Spe - SpD)
Levitate
252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
  • Earthquake
  • Dragon Claw
  • Fire Blast
  • Roost

It's dual STABs serve their purpose. Roost plays nicely with Life Orb by healing damage that Flygon takes via it's Life Orb giving it more longevity. Fire Blast was chosen over Fire Punch as it's main targets, Grass Types and Steels who resist EQ, tend to have higher Def stats relative to their SpD stat.

Last edited:

Aurath8

oh gosh this has to be like my 4th rate in Gen VI but ok:

If possible, get a Speed Boost Blaziken. Blaze-boosted Overheat sounds like a (Fire) Blast but I think Speed Boost is worth the inconveniences of getting it in the first place. You also reminded me that I need to give Overheat/Leaf Storm etc. as a pokemon's only special move and try it out. Provided you get the TM early enough you could wreak havoc with it.

While Life Orb boosts Aqua Jet, thus allowing Azumarill to bypass its low speed in more situations, I still find myself gravitating towards Leftovers. 3 of its moves still have normal priority, meaning Azumarill will mostly function as a bulky sweeper. Or at least that's how I would play it.

However boring it is, Earthquake > Aqua Tail on Armaldo. It may not guarantee KOs against Rock/Grounds but it does give you vital coverage against Steels.

For Flygon I'll suggest a personal favourite of mine:

Flygon@Life Orb
Naive
Levitate
252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
-Dragon Claw
-Earthquake
-Fire Blast
-Roost

Same two STABs. Fire Blast is actually more powerful than Fire Punch when used with a Life Orb. The key changes here though is Roost and the Life Orb. I love 3 attacks + Recovery with a Life Orb because you get power and versatility from the Life Orb but crucially Roost allows Flygon to be a self-sufficient sweeper, attacking and healing of LO damage without missing a beat. Flygon is also a very good user of said strategy thanks to its speed and Dragon/Ground typing giving it great STABs.
Unfortunately this set was imported from my days in Gen V UU, so Roost is a lot less viable in-game thanks to items being a more convenient way of healing generally. However, if you feel like doing a no items run in SET mode, then this is brilliant.

Overall a well-constructed team with sparks of originality that I promptly stamped into the ground. Now if only I rated more often...

Aura Sensei™

User Title
hi just a question, why didn't you evolve your pikachu?

swords dance is an option on blaziken i guess, tho you're already plowing through stuff regardless.

ilovemyumbreon

Holding a Moon Shard
Looks like a pretty solid team. I would consider using a Speed Boost Blaziken over Blaze Blaziken. Is this team for in-game or competitive? For competitive, I don't think you will be able to use both Expert Belts.

Tsumiki

Tsun Tsun~
If possible, get a Speed Boost Blaziken. Blaze-boosted Overheat sounds like a (Fire) Blast but I think Speed Boost is worth the inconveniences of getting it in the first place. You also reminded me that I need to give Overheat/Leaf Storm etc. as a pokemon's only special move and try it out. Provided you get the TM early enough you could wreak havoc with it.
I'm only using Blaze Blaziken (lol) because it's the one that Birch gives you at the start of the game and I make it a thing to make my first game completely within itself. Unless ORAS changes things Flannery should still give you the Overheat TM so go nuts with that!

While Life Orb boosts Aqua Jet, thus allowing Azumarill to bypass its low speed in more situations, I still find myself gravitating towards Leftovers. 3 of its moves still have normal priority, meaning Azumarill will mostly function as a bulky sweeper. Or at least that's how I would play it.
I wouldn't mind playing it both ways, but your argument sold me. I've used Azumarill several times and it manages to wreck havoc with or without Life Orb so the extra healing would be much appreciated!

However boring it is, Earthquake > Aqua Tail on Armaldo. It may not guarantee KOs against Rock/Grounds but it does give you vital coverage against Steels.
The only reason I went for Aqua Tail is because I completely forgot Armaldo gets EQ. I'll definitely go for it!

For Flygon I'll suggest a personal favourite of mine:

Flygon@Life Orb
Naive
Levitate
252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
-Dragon Claw
-Earthquake
-Fire Blast
-Roost

Same two STABs. Fire Blast is actually more powerful than Fire Punch when used with a Life Orb. The key changes here though is Roost and the Life Orb. I love 3 attacks + Recovery with a Life Orb because you get power and versatility from the Life Orb but crucially Roost allows Flygon to be a self-sufficient sweeper, attacking and healing of LO damage without missing a beat. Flygon is also a very good user of said strategy thanks to its speed and Dragon/Ground typing giving it great STABs.
Unfortunately this set was imported from my days in Gen V UU, so Roost is a lot less viable in-game thanks to items being a more convenient way of healing generally. However, if you feel like doing a no items run in SET mode, then this is brilliant.
I'll probably go for this set, tbh Dragon Claw / Fire Blast already has pretty amazing coverage.

hi just a question, why didn't you evolve your pikachu?
Icicle Crash is a Pikachu-Exclusive move from what I gather, and Light Ball Pikachu outdamages Raichu.

Sohryu

Be a Man!
How come Pikachu get's Icicle Crash? Oh my gosh! That I didn't knew.

Explain to me which pokémons Pikachu outspeed with max investment? I'm curious to know how he can fare against others, as this moveset is quite neat!

Aurath8

How come Pikachu get's Icicle Crash? Oh my gosh! That I didn't knew.

Explain to me which pokémons Pikachu outspeed with max investment? I'm curious to know how he can fare against others, as this moveset is quite neat!

When Pikachu dons its cosplay outfits in ORAS, it also gets a special move to boot, much like the Rotom formes. Pikachu-Belle gets Icicle Crash and Pikachu-Libre gets Flying Press for example.

I've forgotten how the AI does/doesn't use EVs and Natures in the game. Of course, max investment Pikachu will speed tie with other max investment base 90s and can outspeed neutral base 103s (so...Emolga?).
However if the opponent doesn't have any EV investment then Pikachu can outspeed positive-natured Hawlucha or neutral-natured Electrode.

I hope that answers any and everything.

I'm only using Blaze Blaziken (lol) because it's the one that Birch gives you at the start of the game and I make it a thing to make my first game completely within itself. Unless ORAS changes things Flannery should still give you the Overheat TM so go nuts with that!

Doesn't matter actually, because MegaBlaziken is a thing now. Speaking of him, give your Blaziken a Blazikenite. Megas are too broken to not use.