• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

OR Wifi/Battle Spot/Battle Maison team

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
So, uhm, yep, title says it all. All Pokemon are IV bred, most of them originated in my X.

115.png

Kangaskhan @ Kangaskhanite
Jolly - Scrappy
252 Speed, 252 Attack, 4 HP
-Return
-Power-Up Punch
-Sucker Punch
-Earthquake

Bog-standard Mega Khan set from early XY before it was banned. Set up Power-Up Punch and then steamroll the opponent with the equivalent of a base 190 Attack stat that negates Sturdy, substitutes, etc. Sucker Punch hits Ghosts and kills faster threats, and Earthquake slams Steel and Rock types. Really nothing to say here, this is probably the most standard Pokemon in the game. No changes are really to be considered, I've got the set basically right where I want it.

094.png

Gengar @ Black Sludge
Timid - Levitate
252 Speed, 252 Sp. Atk, 4 Defence
-Shadow Ball
-Focus Blast
-Substitute
-Disable

Gengar is a complete badass, and part of my ghost spam core. I've tried several different sets, including SubSplit, Sub+3 attacks with Sludge Bomb, all out attacker with Sludge Bomb and Thunderbolt, and Sub-WoW, but I always end up back at SubDisable. It's just so damn good. It completely screws over a lot of Maison Pokemon, and is great on Wifi. Shadow Ball and Focus Blast get perfect coverage.

681.png

Aegislash @ Spooky Plate
Quiet - Stance Change
252 Sp. Atk, 252 Attack, 4 HP
-King's Shield
-Shadow Ball
-Sacred Sword
-Shadow Sneak

Mixed wallbreaker Aegislash forms the second part of my Ghost spam core, hammering away at opposing threats with its stupidly powerful Shadow Balls coming off of a positive 150 base Sp. Atk. Power is maximized at the cost of some bulk, but with 50/150/150 defenses in Shield form, that usually isn't an issue. Sacred Sword hits Normal and Dark types hard, and Shadow Sneak picks off weakened threats.

445.png

Garchomp @ Focus Sash
Jolly - Sand Veil
252 Speed, 252 Attack, 4 HP
-Dragon Claw
-Outrage
-Earthquake
-Stone Edge

I hatched her while I was breeding for a breeding partner to get my Kangaskhan. I just happened to be using a Japanese Gible along with a Gible from my own game, and accidentally triggered the Masuda method and ended up with a 4IV shiny Gible. It's missing its HP IV, but it's still pretty usable, and with a sash it doesn't really matter at all. Originally, she was set up for a Scarf, but against the Battle Maison a Sash tends to serve me better. I may replace Dragon Claw with something in the future, perhaps Sword's Dance or Fire Fang.

248.png

Tyranitar @ Choice Band
Adamant - Sand Stream
252 Attack, 252 HP, 4 Sp. Def
-Stone Edge
-Crunch
-Earthquake
-Superpower

With the rising popularity and effectiveness of Ghost spam, I need a Dark type to take Ghost hits, and unfortunately there's only a small handful of viable Dark types. On the top of the list is this guy, and he goes well with Garchomp, activating her Sand Veil. Choice Band Tyranitar is brutally strong, smashing things with Stone Edge and Crunch. Earthquake offers coverage, and Superpower hits a few things like opposing Tyranitar, Chansey, and Air Balloon Heatran, but I might replace it with Ice Punch to hit Landorus on the switch.

130.png

Gyarados @ Leftovers
Jolly - Intimidate
248 Attack, 88 HP, 4 Defence, 168 Speed
-Dragon Dance
-Substitute
-Waterfall
-Bounce

Bulky SubDD Gyara set I used to use online. I think I got it from Smogon originally. Acts as a cleanup sweeper and another resistance to Ground. Also gives me another Substitute user, useful for the Battle Maison.

Substitutes:
715.png

Noivern @ Life Orb
Timid - Infiltrator
252 Speed, 252 Sp. Atk, 4 HP
-Draco Meteor
-Boomburst
-Flamethrower
-Hurricane

Sometimes I'll use him in Doubles/Triples. He's the fastest thing I've got so far, but he lacks Garchomp's raw power, and his moves tend to be inaccurate. I wish he got STAB on Boomburst...

282.png

Gardevoir @ Gardevoirite
Timid - Telepathy
252 Speed, 252 Sp. Atk, 4 HP
-Hyper Voice
-Psyshock
-Focus Blast
-Will-O-Wisp

Backup Mega, great for Doubles and Triples. I went with Status+3 attacks because her natural Sp. Def is very high, and the Burns help her take physical attacks too.

645-s.png

Landorus-T
Adamant - Intimidate
???
-Earthquake
-Stone Edge
-U-Turn
-Superpower/Stealth Rock/Knock Off

I got this shiny 6IV Adamant Landorus from the GTS, but I'm not sure what to do with it yet. I'm toying with a Scarf set, but I also want to try a bulky set with Stealth Rock and an Assault Vest set.

376.png

Metagross @ Assault Vest
Adamant - Clear Body
252 Attack, 252 HP, 4 Defence
-Meteor Mash
-Bullet Punch
-Earthquake
-Ice Punch

An obsolete teammate who didn't synergize well with the rest of my team. In addition, he has a terrible Attack IV of... 7. He's still pretty good, but I've got better options now. I've long since replaced him with Gyarados.

chap196

For Garchomp
I would rather run Life Orb instead of Focus Sash for extra damages and also Garchomp has the bulk to survive many attack.

For Gyrados
I would replace Bounce with Earthquake as Earthquake covers a lot more type and also Bounce takes 2 turn before it attacks, making it predictable.

Hope this helps

REVENULF

Just a suggestion, but I would go with Poison Jab over Fire Fang. With better power, a better chance to inflict poison on those that somehow survive the first hit, and better coverage hitting not only grass but fairy as well. However Fire Fang has it's merits, being able to induce flinch (only 10% though). A stat booster like Swords Dance would still work depends on which you want a better chance to OHKO or more coverage.

Last edited:

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
Just a suggestion, but I would go with Poison Jab over Fire Fang. With better power, a better chance to inflict poison on those that somehow survive the first hit, and better coverage hitting not only grass and ice types but fairy as well. However Fire Fang has it's merits, being able to induce flinch (only 10% though). If you'd rather use a stat booster than Swords Dance would work, Dragon Dance is even viable, if you plan to rely on her sand veil and focus sash to survive and revenge kill Swords Dance gives the most bang for your buck, Dragon Dance if you know you're going up against a lot of speedy pokemon.

Unfortunately Garchomp got trolled by Gamefreak and doesn't learn Dragon Dance, otherwise it would probably still be in Ubers. The only reason why I'd consider Fire Fang > Poison Jab is because of Ferrothorn and Scizor, otherwise I do agree with you, it's a superior option to throw at Fairies and whatnot. I'll try them both maybe and see which one serves me better.

REVENULF

Corrected it, could have sworn it learned DD, Gamefreak really screwed that one up, also had to edit out Ice type, wasn't paying attention and said poison was strong against it, but you have Stone Edge so that's not an issue.
I have an all dragon team I use quite often so Poison Jab was pretty much a necessity so not to get creamed by the rising popularity for fairy types, in fact my Garchomp is almost exactly like yours, the only difference between ours beside poison jab is mine has it's hidden ability and I'll switch between Rocky Helmet and Assault Vest, and it's not shiny lol.

It's your choice though, judging by the rest of your team either would work. Ferrothorn and Scizor are both trouble, but you don't have anything to hit fairy types with either so it boils down which poses the greatest threat. One thing though about Ferrothorn, with it's ability Iron Barbs, any physical attack will cause a bit of damage, nullifying the effects of Focus Sash, so unless its the last pokemon your opponent has, I'd advice against using Garchomp against it.

Last edited:

Final

I Submit to No One
Run Swords Dance and Fire Fang over Stone Edge and Outrage. Swords Dance boosts Garchomp's already high Attack even higher and Stone Edge doesn't have much use on Garchomp since its STAB moves can hit most things pretty hard anyway. I suppose you could keep it if Togekiss causes you problems (immune to both of Garchomp's STAB moves and not weak to Fire) but I think that's all it hits aside from Lugia. Fire Fang gives him better coverage against the things its STAB moves can't hit hard enough (Bronzong, Skarmory, Forretress and to an extent Ferrothorn and Scizor) and generally better type coverage overall. Poison Jab seems a bit useless outside of being a bit stronger than a neutral STAB Earthquake against Fairy types. You could use it if you're deathly afraid of them, but I wouldn't since that's really all it covers. Lum Berry is also an option for the Battle Maison since he can get a Swords Dance against a status move unharmed.

If Fairies give you trouble, Iron Head is also an option on Aegislash as well.

jayfeather2014

Champion of Johto
You should probably have a fairy type counter. Now you have Agieslash but it isn't running any steel type moves now you have a ghost type a dragon type and a possible fairy counter that you haven't done anything with on Agieslash put either iron head or flash cannon on it or may I suggest replacing Tyranitar with a Venasaur?
You have good fire type counters Venasaur could work.....

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
You should probably have a fairy type counter. Now you have Agieslash but it isn't running any steel type moves now you have a ghost type a dragon type and a possible fairy counter that you haven't done anything with on Agieslash put either iron head or flash cannon on it or may I suggest replacing Tyranitar with a Venasaur?
You have good fire type counters Venasaur could work.....

Venusaur without its Mega Stone is pretty outclassed, and I won't replace Mega Kanga with anything. Even Mega Sala can't really compare with Mega Kanga's brutal power, thanks to Parental Bond. Fairies generally have low physical bulk, and if they try to switch in on Garchomp they risk eating a STAB Earthquake, which hurts anything not named Togekiss pretty severely. Mega Kanga can OHKO any Fairy in the game after a Power-Up Punch, and Gengar can mess with most of the Fairies in the Battle Maison by Disabling their coverage move. I'm not too worried about them, and Aegislash already has 4MSS, so I don't want to change its moveset. I'd consider Heatran > Tyranitar if I could get my hands on a decent Heatran I suppose, but that's easier said than done.