• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Orangeshipping General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lux

Carpe diem ~
Well, since the last thread is gone, here’s the brand new Orangeshipping General Discussion Thread. Feel free to discuss anything related to a possible romance between Misty and Tracey: hints, sweet moments, shippy pictures and stuff.

So, what do you guys think about this pairing? Even though I used to be a pokeshipper in the past, I liked orangeshipping since Orange Islands. The Hosos just made things get more amusing (The prince and mermaid scene is priceless)!! That makes me think about a first topic: when did you first noticed orangeshipping? Chronicles or back in Orange Islands?

Discuss! ^^

Redeevee

i "support" this only in the sense that misty'd only date tracey as a guy to pass the time until ash returns from his journey.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
i "support" this only in the sense that misty'd only date tracey as a guy to pass the time until ash returns from his journey.

Ash has returned on his journey many times and just goes on another one. Misty hasn't pinned for him at all since AG began.

Misty is better off not waiting for a guy who is completely indifferent to her.

Redeevee

Ash has returned on his journey many times and just goes on another one. Misty hasn't pinned for him at all since AG began.

Misty is better off not waiting for a guy who is completely indifferent to her.
well seeing as he stays for a maximum of 48 hours they dont have time to hook up so she's waiting for him to retire.

and they're not indifferent at all, quite the opposite

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Why would Ash retire? He's going to be the guy that's CONSTANTLY on the road.

Tracey, by contrast, is in a town relatively close to hers and he comes over to visit at the Cerulean Gym from time to time. I'm sure Misty would appreciate a guy who is actually there that she can talk to rather than another guy who she only sees once or twice a year.

STJ

meh..^_^'
Thanks for reviving the thread Lux, hopefully there are enugh supporters to keep it going

Would you mind explaining that a little bit?

When did you first noticed orangeshipping? Chronicles or back in Orange Islands?

Chronicles I guess..

As for me.. I was NEVER a Pokeshipper, but I happen to like Orangeshipping alot. We haven't seen him in alot of episodes, but it's pretty cleear that they have a great relationship.

Of course, I would rather Misy end up with Brock...But that's really because I know Tracey knows how to handle life being single XD

shoujoai-fangirl

Our Lady of Sorrows
I never thought anything of it back when they were in the orange islands, they hardly interacted at all, but I think they've become much closer since the hosos ^_^

Of course, I also think Tracey is more likely to become Misty's brother in law than anything else if you know what I mean xDD

Still a cute pairing though, I must admit

Lux

Carpe diem ~
well seeing as he stays for a maximum of 48 hours they dont have time to hook up so she's waiting for him to retire.

LOL, do you really think Ash is going to retire someday?! He was even offered to become a frontier brain in Kanto but he refused it. That's one of the reasons why I like pairing Misty better with guys like Tracey or Brock than with Ash. Misty, or whoever marry Ash someday, IF he even marry anyone, would be a lonely wife, such as Chichi in Dragon Ball. Ash, such as Goku, is not the kind of guy who is going to get stuck in a place for much time. No, Misty doesn't deserve such a cruel destiny. ;)

And more. After Johto (about five freaking years ago), there aren't no blatant signs that Misty has still a crush for Ash. Now, back to topic.

STJ said:
We haven't seen him in alot of episodes, but it's pretty cleear that they have a great relationship.

True. I mean, Tracey seems not to have any friends about his age in Pallet Town, neither does Misty in Cerulean City. So, seeing eachother from times to times seems a great deal for the both of them.

Of course, I would rather Misy end up with Brock...But that's really because I know Tracey knows how to handle life being single XD

Yeah, poor Brock! :D

STJ

meh..^_^'
Gee, I would have thought that there were more Orangeshippers here, perhaps there are and they've run out of things to talk about

Of course, I also think Tracey is more likely to become Misty's brother in law than anything else if you know what I mean xDD
Why, do you think Tracey will end up with Daisy? XD

Do you have a favorite Orangeshippy moment?

shoujoai-fangirl

Our Lady of Sorrows
Why, do you think Tracey will end up with Daisy? XD

Even though handymanshipping hints are dub added, Daisy seems to have him wrapped around her finger. Poor guy is too nice, can't say no to a pretty face XD I think it's sweet how he visited Misty several times and kept her company though.

Anyhoo the topic, my favorite is probably when Misty got the letter from Giorgio, asking her to meet up and Tracey offered to come along with her. He was definitely concerned about Misty ^_^

shadow_shipper

...indeed...
well...
the topic just caught my eye...

@shoujoai-fangirl
I know what you mean about the brother in Law xD (I think that too :rolleyes: )

They are very rare ^^
Only part in the Chronicles : the luvdisc episode..
When Daisy explains the idea for the new show, even though it was just a "dream" they were having, it was cute seeing then holding hands, and looking into the eyes, in costumes ^_^
the other is their uncomfortable reaction when Sakura tells Misty : "I didn't know you had a boyfriend" in the blue badge of courage...

Lux

Carpe diem ~
The prince and mermaid scene... It was just Daisy's fantasy, but no one can deny it was the the most romantic/sweetest scene involving two Pokemon main characters. EVER. XD

There are a lot of other sweet things, like Misty slightly blushing when Casey asks if Tracey is her boyfriend, the whole Azurill thing, the way Misty happily welcomes Tracey every time he comes to visit the gym and

shoujoai-fangirl said:
when Misty got the letter from Giorgio, asking her to meet up and Tracey offered to come along with her. He was definitely concerned about Misty ^_^

Yep. So sweet! ^^

I know what you mean about the brother in Law xD (I think that too )
Well, everything depends on eachone point of views. IMO, Daisy is an orangeshipper herself... *coughtheprinceandmermaidscenecough* ;)

EDIT: I found a pretty nice orangeshipping story: There for you. You know, it's a rarity between all that poke/contest/advance stuff. All credits to Sabrina Haydee, the author.

Last edited:

shadow_shipper

...indeed...
There are a lot of other sweet things, like Misty slightly blushing when Casey asks if Tracey is her boyfriend, the whole Azurill thing, the way Misty happily welcomes Tracey every time he comes to visit the gym

Well, for the Azurill thing, I think this is even more blatant

Well, everything depends on eachone point of views. IMO, Daisy is an orangeshipper herself... *coughtheprinceandmermaidscenecough* ;)

Well why not ? I don't pretty much mind (though I'm Ego and Poke -shipper concerning Misty...) Tracey will allways care about Misty....he's a nice guy :)

on the other hand, I don't see Misty letting Tracey "take her out to dinner as a thank you" yet xD

aka. Date with Daisy :rolleyes:

eek ! nice fic ! :)

Lux

Carpe diem ~
Hey guys, our orangeshipping website is finally updated: Ultimate Orangeshipping.

If you want to contribute sending new pics, fanfiction, fanart and stuff, feel free to PM me or STJ. :)

on the other hand, I don't see Misty letting Tracey "take her out to dinner as a thank you" yet xD

aka. Date with Daisy :rolleyes:

*sighs*

How many times will I have to say the dinner was dub added crap?

Dialogue Edit
4Kids had to slip this one in:

Misty: "Hey, what's the wrench for?"
Tracey: "Well, I figured while I was here I'd do a few minor repairs."
Daisy: "I'm letting him take me to dinner as a thank-you gift."

Aside from the fact that Daisy's line makes no sense (why would he be taking her to dinner as a thank-you gift?), it's not what's said in the original version at all. Originally, Sakura just comments on how helpful Kenji's been around the gym.

Source: http://dogasu.bulbagarden.net/comparisons/chronicles/ep011.html

TraverseTown said:
This is the only fanon shipping I support. I really like Tracey & Misty (Orange Islands = Best Season Ever).

Yeah, although orangeshipping became more popular because of the Hosos, Misty and Tracey did share some sweet moments in Orange Islands. I loved it when Tracey said he and Misty were going to have a "good time" together while Ash was going to get his 4th Orange League badge :D

Last edited:

Zino

Ice Cream Truck

Well, of köörs, that Prince&Mermaid-scene,
but it's cute when Tracy was playing with Togepi. (Misty & Tracy were like mum and dad.. )
I think Ash or Brock never did play with the Togepi..
but those scenes are cute. ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.