• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

ORAS Battle Maison Team

Prakhar

Normal: The abnormal
Hello people!! I have made a new ORAS team that has got me to 35 wins and counting. I want to know if i need to change pokemon/items/moves in it. So here goes-

Rotom-Heat (Levitate, Timid) @ Choice Scarf
4HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spd

Overheat
Volt-Switch
Thunderbolt
Trick

My lead and main threat (defensive or set up) killer. Overheat is an extremely useful move that Ko'es pokemon even with the -2. Volt Switch on something i dont want to give the scarf and save it for later. T-bolt for super-effective damage and STAB and finally, Trick to make pokemon useless. It locks defensive pokemon in Iron Defense or Amnesia and offensive ones in crappy moves. I LOOOVE it!!

Scizor (Technician, Adamant) @ Choice Band
252 Hp / 252 Att / 4 Sdef

Bullet Punch
U-turn
Brick Break
Knock Off

Ahh, my physical bulky sweeper!! Bullet Punch 2-3 hit ko'es even resisted moves and i good for revenge killing and knocks out rock types that my team is weak to. U-turn to take a hit and switc out to my frail pokemon. It also works well with rotom's volt switch. Brick break and knock off for coverage. Choice band gives it around 300 attack at lvl 50!!!!

Pidgeot-Mega (No Guard, Modest) @ Pidgeottite
4 Hp / 252 SpA / 252 Spd

Hurricane
Heat Wave
Roost
Hidden Power Ground

Ahh my shiny mega pidgeot, how i love him! Hurricane is just awesome and 2HKO's almost everything. Heat wave for steel and ice types that are too bulky to be hurt by HP ground and Hurricane. Roost for recovery and HP ground to use the times 4 Weakness of many pokemon to my advantage and to nail rock types who resist all the other moves. I know there are better megas, but i like my shiny, also i VERY rarely need to take it out in battle as the other two are beasts and mostly handle the 3 opposing pokemon themselves.

Ok, that was my team. Any suggerstions? I dont mind replacing any of the pokemon, just be the same formule- offensive support, physical sweeper, special sweeper. Plz reply!!

Skullkraken

Masuda Methodist
This is actually a very solid team, I might use it myself if I decide to take on the maison's 100 streak. It covers a lot of the hax problems too since you will encounter Minimize Blisseys and Paralyze/Burn users. I cant really think of anything that would threaten your team besides Rotom-W, and opposing Rotom-H, scarf Terrakion, or Zapdos / Thundurus.

Prakhar

Normal: The abnormal
This is actually a very solid team, I might use it myself if I decide to take on the maison's 100 streak. It covers a lot of the hax problems too since you will encounter Minimize Blisseys and Paralyze/Burn users. I cant really think of anything that would threaten your team besides Rotom-W, and opposing Rotom-H, scarf Terrakion, or Zapdos / Thundurus.

Thank you for the feedback!!
I dont know a lot about rotoms in the maison but i know that scarf wont be helping it!
Terrakion, be it scarfed, cant survive my bullet punch from scizor!!!
hmm, i do need a thing that can handle zapdos/thundurus..at least i can scarf them into a move!

Edit: The marvellous team lost....to a Ninetales with drought and Lucario!!!!

Turn 1: Rotom ko'es somthin' with Overheat
Turn 2: Lucario comes in and ko'es rotom with Close Combat
Turn 3: Lucario suvives bullet punch and blaze kicks my scizor
Turn 4: Lucario close combats pidgeot, pidgeot suvives at red hurricanes the lucario, koed
Turn 5: Droughtales comes in, i roost to green and fire blasts sends me back to red.
Turn 6: Roosts again and BAM critical hit on the fire blast in rain...i lose.....

Last edited: