• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

[ORAS OU] Mega Gallade Team

Amazing Name

Gallade-Mega (M) w/ Galladite
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Psycho Cut
- Knock Off

Mega Evolution for this team. Sets up with Swords Dance and sweeps with increased speed thanks to Jolly nature. Close Combat and Psycho Cut are the main STAB moves and Knock Off for Psychic and Ghost types, also to remove the opponents item.

Garchomp w/ Life Orb
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Sets up with Swords Dance, Dragon Claw and Earthquake are the main STAB moves and Stone Edge for Ice types that could threaten Garchomp. Jolly nature to outspeed as much as possible.

Togekiss w/ King's Rock
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 Spe
Modest Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Air Slash
- Ancient Power
- Roost

Max HP investment to increase chances of living a heavy hit while setting up Thunder Wave, which should render the opponent slower than Togekiss. Air Slash is the main STAB move, and when combined with King's Rock and Thunder Wave gives the opponent a 5% chance of moving (I love this thing :p). Once the opponent's HP is whittled down by Air Slash in most cases I'll finish off with an Ancient Power for the chance to boost all of my stats (Chance increased to 20% with Serene Grace).

Gengar w/ Focus Sash
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Bomb
- Thunderbolt
- Destiny Bond

The goal here is to hit as hard and as fast as possible with Special Attacks. Shadow Ball and Sludge Bomb are main STAB moves, Thunderbolt is for coverage and Destiny Bond is for when/if the Focus Sash is triggered to try and bring down my opponent with me.

Rotom-Wash w/ Chesto Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Rest

Max HP and Defense investment to take as many hits as possible from common physical OU threats. Will-O-Wisp is to lower the Attack of said Pokemon, Volt Switch to switch out of a threatening situation while also dealing damage to the opponent, Hydro Pump if Rotom-Wash needs to fend for itself in battle and Resto Chesto combination to restore HP.

Ferrothorn w/ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Gyro Ball
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip
- Stealth Rock

Max HP and Special Defense investment to take as many Special hits as possible and makes a good defensive core with Rotom-Wash. Sets up rocks and Leech Seed to hurt opponents on switch in and Leech Seed to gradally restore HP. Gyro Ball can hit Fairies and Power Whip is another main STAB move to hit Water and Ground types.

EKZ1505

It isn't listed, but I would go with Justified on normal Gallade before it mega evolves. The king's rock flinch does not stack, so give Togekiss leftovers, life orb, etc. Also if you have max HP IVs on everything, make sure you have an odd number to minimize SR damage, etc.

RhyQuinn

I love Mega Gallade so much. I'm going to post my M-Gallade team shortly. Really like this team, there's a good balance of offense and defense. I do think however having two Swords Dancers is a little unnecessary, so I would potentially change Garchomp to a Choice Band/Scarf set and have something like Iron Head instead for Fairies. Also in agreement with EKZ1505 above, the King's Rock on Togekiss doesn't stack so I'd give it Leftovers as well. Also (this is a personal choice) I prefer to run Zen Headbutt over Psycho Cut on M-Gallade just for the increased power. I feel like it's necessary to have that extra little bit against Megas that resist Close Combat (so Knock Off wouldn't do that much), for example Mega Altaria. But overall, very very solid team. I like it a lot :D

Melly

A very nice team, but i could change ancient power Togekiss to a flamethrower. Maybe could be better than ancient power and can break pokemons like Ferrotorn and Scizor that is very common on OU.

I suggest you too carry an ice type move for Gliscor. Both Garachomp and Gallade will be walled by them one toxic orb is activated.
Also, better to use a Defogger (or at least fake one) half of your team members resist it, but it does 25 against togekiss and breaks Gengar's sash

Prakhar

Normal: The abnormal
replace kings rock on togekiss (it doesnt work on moves that already flinch) and replace it with lefties, better bulk.

Also, personally, on my gallade, i run Drain Punch instead of CC, cuz CC gets you ko'ed by priority and sashes (Looking at you, cloyster and weavile). And at a +2, it gives you a lot of suvivability.

Also, as mentioned by Trainer ARORA , use a defogger/rapid spinner, choice is yours. Defog is COUNTERED by bisharp (i've had it happened many times) and taunt, whereas rapid spin is COUNTERED by ghosts.

Spacial Rend

Ultra Trainer
Definately replace King's Rock on Togekiss for Leftovers preferably. Also, Anicent Power is pretty luck reliant as 20% is well lower than a OHKO so Aura Sphere/Flamethrower are much better coverage options, or you could run Nasty Plot for a SpAtk boost.

Also, without having a Spinner/Defogger Focus Sash on Gengar seems like a poor choice. Life Orb/Black Sludge would work better. Also Focus Blast > Thunderbolt on Gengar. The coverage is worth the accuracy. If you aren't scoring a lot of KO's with Destiny Bond, Substitute, WoW, Taunt, and Disable are good defensive options.

imran3

Nothing much...
My 'strategy' (it's actually a gimmick) uses Mega Gallade too. Justified is really significant here, though. Beat Up. +6 Attack. I OHKO'd a Mega Ray with Drain Punch a hell lot of times. But alas, it's just a gimmick. The AI beat me... Don't use my technique in rating battles or other VGCs, although I won my first rating battle with this.