• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

ORAS Team Building help?

So I am trying to build an ORAS team based around Mega Salamence. Here's what I have so far:

Salamence w/ Salamenceite
Ability: Intimidate/Aeralite
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Double-Edge
- Earthquake
- Outrage

Breloom w/ Focus Sash
Ability: Technician
Jolly Nature
- Spore
- Bullet Seed
- Mach Punch
- Rock Tomb

Clefable w/ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Wish
- Protect
- Heal Bell

Bisharp w/ BlackGlasses
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Pursuit

I need a rapid spinner/defogger and a hazard setter, and I also need something that is going to give me ample coverage. I definitely think I need a water type. I'd prefer stick to non legendaries, but I can use a minor legendary if need be. I'd also rather not have any reapeat pokemon from my X team. I'd like to keep my teams completely different. I'm not shooting for any particular tiers, but I'd like to stick to Uber/OU/BL, but I will use UU if necessary. Also, I'd like to stay away from trying to get specific hidden powers and movesets I can't get in Gen 6. If I can't breed it myself, it's a no go.

My X Team: Galvantula, Greninja, Dragonite, Aegislash, Blaziken, Excadrill

chap196

For Salemence
I would prefer using Return instead of Double Edge, even though it has less power, it doesn't take any recoil damage.

For Bisharp
I would rather use Life Orb instead of Black Glasses, as it increases all attack by 30%.

Hope this help

Vern

Why not both?
Well, Starmie gets you a versatile water type pokemon that can heal it's own status problems and spin away hazards. It's a perfect fit for your team, as Starmie gives great coverage. Black Glasses over Life Orb on Bisharp, Iron head is only there for coverage when needed, Bisharp will usually be using Knock off, Sucker Punch and Pursuit. Pursuit isn't useful in-game IMO, you could try for a boosting move like swords dance in place of it as in-game trainers don't switch their pokemon often, if ever. Return over double edge on Salamence. Outrage isn't that useful on mega mence, especially with his already monstrous attack and the fact that fairies now exist, and trainers in game use them plenty. You could try roost in place of it, but if you would rather stick with outrage stick with it.

Hazard setters, I can recommend roserade (toxic spikes), Tyrannitar (stealth rocks), Skarmory (Stealth rock or spikes), and Galvantula (sticky web).

Side Note: Mega Salamence looks like it's gonna get banned soon, so is you are going for OU keep that in mind.

Well, Starmie gets you a versatile water type pokemon that can heal it's own status problems and spin away hazards. It's a perfect fit for your team, as Starmie gives great coverage. Black Glasses over Life Orb on Bisharp, Iron head is only there for coverage when needed, Bisharp will usually be using Knock off, Sucker Punch and Pursuit. Pursuit isn't useful in-game IMO, you could try for a boosting move like swords dance in place of it as in-game trainers don't switch their pokemon often, if ever. Return over double edge on Salamence. Outrage isn't that useful on mega mence, especially with his already monstrous attack and the fact that fairies now exist, and trainers in game use them plenty. You could try roost in place of it, but if you would rather stick with outrage stick with it.

Hazard setters, I can recommend roserade (toxic spikes), Tyrannitar (stealth rocks), Skarmory (Stealth rock or spikes), and Galvantula (sticky web).

Side Note: Mega Salamence looks like it's gonna get banned soon, so is you are going for OU keep that in mind.

I am definitely going to get a Starmie now that you suggested it. It does fit pretty well. And on Salamence I'll replace Outrage with Dragon Claw or Fire Blast and switch Takedown for Return. For the hazard setter I'm stuck between Tyranitar and Skarmory.

After much revising and testing in Showdown, here is what my team came out to:

Salamence @ Salamencite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Return
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast

Breloom @ Focus Sash
Ability: Technician
Jolly Nature
- Spore
- Bullet Seed
- Mach Punch
- Rock Tomb

Skarmory @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Roost
- Whirlwind
- Counter
- Defog

Azumarill @ Assault Vest
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Knock Off
- Waterfall

Gengar @ Black Sludge
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hex
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split
- Sludge Wave

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 Spe
Impish Nature
- Taunt
- Toxic
- Earthquake
- Roost

Does this seem good to anyone else? Any vulnerabilities I should be aware of or changes I should make?

Last edited by a moderator: