• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

[ORAS/XY OU] The Birdz and The Beez in the Trap

Skater Trainer

Like a Boss
~The Birdz and Beez in the Trap~
[video=youtube;EmZvOhHF85I]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmZvOhHF85I[/video]

Hello all, I haven't done a RMT in YEARS. Seriously, I think the last time was gen 4. When mega-beedrill was shown and I saw all the stats, I knew I had to try and make a team that could use his monstrous speed and adaptability u-turns. The result was something I'm not too happy with, but it's doing okay so far. It needs some adjustments so I would appreciate the feed back. So far I have about a 60% win rate, which is decent considering I threw this team together during an adderall fueled study session. I also like how it ended up working with something like it did, I have always wanted to make a fancy team with a theme, so being able to use a Nicki Minaj song makes me feel even better because she's probably one of the most talented people in the entertainment world right now and she's making bank.
talonflame.png
beedrill.gif
rotom-wash.gif
magneton.gif
mew.gif
conkeldurr.gif

To begin like I said before I wanted to try out mega beedrill, as I looked for partners, the best thing I could think of was Talonflame since it has a nice 351 speed tier with adamant, so I can keep u-turning to build up as much damage as I can
talonflame.png
beedrill.gif

After that I realized I needed a defogger or else this would fall to pieces easily, I decided to go with Latias because she was a check to Keldeo who was too big of a threat to ignore not having an immediate answer to it. She could also healing wish off to a weakened mon that I might need later game. In addition, I thought that M-Pinsir+Scarf magnezone was good, so I wanted to make it a faster core, so Mangeton could do the same job but faster and harder.
talonflame.png
beedrill.gif
magneton.gif
latias.gif

After that, I wanted to be able to handle stall since I don't want the momentum with my U-Turns to be broken. Mew has been one of my favorite pokemon lately, it could do a million and a half things, so I decided that a stall breaker set with stealth rock was my best shot at stopping stall whilst getting up my rocks.
talonflame.png
beedrill.gif
magneton.gif
latias.gif
mew.gif

The last thing I needed was a good physical wall, because of how popular mega-salamence was and keeping in the theme of momentum, I really liked Rotom-W because it could throw out will-o-wisps and tank most things in the tier.
talonflame.png
beedrill.gif
magneton.gif
latias.gif
mew.gif
rotom-wash.gif

So I began testing. The more time that went on, the weaker I was to mamoswine. I couldn't seem to kill it without an incredible prediction so I returned to the drawing board and realized that I could just throw defog on mew, sacrificing some late game momentum from healing wish. In exchange, Assault Vest conkeldurr could cover keldeo just as well as latias did as well as covers mamoswine quite nice. The more I play with conkledurr, the better I realize he is right now.
talonflame.png
beedrill.gif
magneton.gif
conkeldurr.gif
mew.gif
rotom-wash.gif

akon19_cosplay14.jpg

Beez (Beedrill) @ Beedrillite
Ability: Swarm
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Drill Run
- Knock Off
- Poison Jab

The bee. I can't even handle how cool this mon is. I see a lot of people using protect > drill run but I don't want to get walled by Heatran. This is normally the part where I would put calcs on the standard defensive and offensive mons in the tier, but damage calculators haven't been updated to ORAS so I can't. However, u-turn can do a good 40% on just about anything that doesn't resist is and outspeeds every mon in the tier that's not scarfed or Sceptile (which will stop seeing play because he's ****ing terrible). Beedrill's movepool is asking for more, like a way to hit steel types that aren't x4 to earth, but regardless the main reason you use him is because of Adaptability U-turn which is just so much power it can't be overlooked.

tumblr_static_no.jpg

Birdz (Talonflame) @ Choice Band
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- U-turn
- Tailwind
Good synergy with Beedrill if only for the fact that it hits as hard as a bus and can continue the u-turn chain. Priority Bravebird can OHKO other Beedrills and Adamant on this means 351, which realistically is about as fast as it needs to be. I decided to go with Tailwind in case of emergencies like a scarf that beedrill can't outspeed or something. In general, talonflame is just amazing, it is the clean up sweeper of the team, once everything is softened up with all the u-turns, Talonflame cleans it all up.

magneton_kirby_by_tigermix-d6ek82w.png

The Trap (Magneton) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Flash Cannon

The Trap. I need to kill ferrothrorn and skarmory as quickly as I can. What was once Magnezone until I realized for all extensive purposes, I could just use magneton instead of magnezone because it's faster and stronger. I don't know how magnezone can outclass magneton but I guess that's something for people better than me to decide. Everything is standard, there is really nothing else I could put on this set. I've also been tempted recently to throw in Wobbuffet or something, but for now I like Magneton.

nicki-minaj-pink-pro.jpg

Queen Nicki (Mew) @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 104 Def / 152 Spe
Impish Nature
- Taunt
- Soft-Boiled
- Defog
- Stealth Rock

The queen herself, Nicki. It's the start EV spread that I copy pasted as I wait for the meta to develop so I can adjust it as needed. Some people look at this and say "just play skarmory" but mew doesn't get trapped by all the magnezones at are hanging around and as the team develops, mew can grow with it. It's a complete support mon, I just wish I had a fifth move slot to throw on something like will-o-wisp or knock off. Nothing else to really say about it though, Nicki is queen for a reason.

2-chainz-release.jpg

2 Slabz (Conkeldurr) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Mach Punch
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- Ice Punch

This thing is awesome right now. I usually end up taking 1-2 mons out at the minimum with him. He's a direct counter to heatran and keldeo and I can always live 1 psychic type attack from latios and knock off for the ohko. Conkeldurr's power can't be overstated. The only reason I run 0 speed and brave is just in case of trick room, he can stall some turns. Eating up the will-o-wisps that get thrown at beedrill is my favorite thing to do.

vgcrain_rotomw.png

Anaconda (Rotom-Wash) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hydro Pump
- Protect

Got buns hun? I just wanted the bulkiest thing I could get. Volt switch is so nice, pivoting is really important for the longevity of this team. I used to use the trick set, but I found that it was too inconsistent to warrant using it in the long term. There isn't much to be said about Rotom-W which hasn't been said, it's one of the best mons in the tier for a reason, he's just amazing.

Will work on as the meta develops

What does the Dephox say?

Ring-ding-ding-di...
There hasn't been an actual team rate in a month. Good luck buddy.

Magnezone > Magneton because the speed increase doesn't really matter. What do you outrun, +1 Gyarados / Dnite? The added bulk and Special Attack helps way more in breaking down Mega Slowbro. 60 base speed sucks but its still enough to outrun Talonflame and base 110s.

Put Talonflame's 4 HP EVs into Defense so it can survive two hits from Stealth Rocks.

Bold Nature with 0 Attack IVs on Mew so you can reduce Foul Play and Confusion damage. 0 Attack IVs on every other Special Attacker for the same reasons.

Pain Split or Chesto Rest > Protect on Rotom W. Protect is garbage compared to a recovery move.

Edit: Bulky DD / Roost / Refresh M Salamence 6-0s but that BS is broken anyway.

Last edited:

Crash & Charm

Back I guess
why are you running tailwind on talon flame. You have a choice band!!

Beelogical

The Mad Knight
why are you running tailwind on talon flame. You have a choice band!!

Tailwind is to support the team and can be a nice last ditch effort before it dies to change the tides in a match by increasing the speed of his pokemon...I suggest you try protect over drill run on mega beedrill, so you can mega evo and scout. A lot of people like to use scarf-landorus therian who can revenge kill your bug with stone edge. You have Rotom and Guts Conk to deal with the likes of heatran. I agree with What does the Dephox Say? certainly use chesto-rest or pain split on rotom-w. The recovery is nice and can stick around longer to sponge up physical attacks. I also suggest you make the ev spread on rotom: 252 HP/212 DEF/44 SPE, so that you can outpace those odd jolly belly drum azumarills (tho most of your team has Azumarill covered :). Magneton may be faster, but it certainly isn't stronger. I would go with Magnezone, so that you're able to hit things like fairies harder. You could possibly try a specs set over the choice scarf set as you have mega beedrill with the nice 145 base speed; you also have gale wind brave bird as well as the tailwind on talon to boost up your speed. Idk. I feel a well-built mega bro team can be problematic, so hitting hard would eliminate the potential problem of it setting up.

Btw, Nice team you got going on here :).

Last edited:

Eaglehawk

Banned
Decent team. Lots of problems. Let's start.

Beedrill
Protect > Knock Off. Beedrill is frail as **** and slow as **** in normal form. You need a move that guarantees it to Mega-Evolve.

Talonflame
Change to SD or BU set from CB set. You do not need CB at all. Rather, your team lacks a win condition, which means you're at a disadvantage against some things. Besides, SD or BU Talonflame is a much better option to kill MegaMence and MegaSableye.

Magnezone > Magneton
Your goal is to kill Steel types, then why are you:
1) Using Magneton
2) Using Choice Scarf
In terms of everything, Magnezone is infinitely better.

Landorus-T > Mew
Mew is bad atm. Don't use it. Landorus-T provides better tanking for the relevant threats in the meta and is arguably bulkier than Mew. Besides, Landorus-T is 100% necessary for MegaGross and MegaGallade.

Mega-Scizor > Conkeldurr
Mega-Scizor should be your main defogger. Extra priority is good. Extra Fairy resist that isn't weak to Mega-Diancie is very good.

Rotom-W
Relaxed nature > Bold nature. The metagame rn is so unnecessarily offensive, so if you have fast volt-turners, you risk getting offensively murked. Slow Volt Switch guarantees you a safe switch into some other Pokemon on your team, especially Mega-Beedrill.

Hope this helps. I hate writing out a lot of ****.