• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wale ga Nai

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jolteon91

iDOLM@STER Fanboy
[img139]http://cdn.myanimelist.net/images/anime/8/45769l.jpg[/img139]

Kyousuke Kousaka, a normal seventeen-year-old high school student, hasn't gotten along with his younger sister, Kirino, in years. For longer than he can remember, Kirino has ignored his comings and goings and looked at him with spurning eyes. It seemed as if the relationship between Kyousuke and his sister, now fourteen, would continue this way forever.

One day, however, Kyousuke finds a DVD case of a magical girl anime entitled Hoshikuzu Witch Merle, which had fallen into the entranceway of his house. To Kyousuke's surprise, inside the case is a hidden adult video game titled Imouto to Koishiyo! Kyousuke attempts to fish out the culprit who dropped the case by bringing up the topic of magical girl anime at the family dinner table. All that comes out is a strong negative reaction from his parents, especially his anti-otaku policeman father.

That night, Kirino bursts into Kyousuke's room and, in perhaps the first conversation she has initiated with him in years, says they "have things to talk about." Kirino brings Kyousuke to her room and shows him an extensive collection of moe anime and lolicon bishoujo games she has been collecting in secret.​

Just a couple of days left before season 2 kicks off, and I wouldn't be surprised if this is one of the more popular series this season, so I figured it deserves its own thread.

Chris

Old Coot
Well, considering they intend to cover the rest of the novels until the end, I'd imagine it'd be more popular because of it being longer.

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior
I'm not too excited for this one. When I watched the first show I didn't like it that much. I don't think it's a bad series or anything I just remember not enjoying it nearly as much as most other people.

That said, this second season has a chance to totally take me off-guard and by surprise. I also think I might skim through the first season again, as kind of a recap. Maybe I'll like it better? Who knows.

Chris

Old Coot
Huh. 16 episodes? Figured it'd at least be 25. Now I'm not sure what to expect. Hopefully it's not too rushed, though I foresee a bit of source material being chopped out.

Jolteon91

iDOLM@STER Fanboy
AIC Build did cover 6 LNs worth of material in 15 episodes, going off the true end, and not the anime original end they originally went with. So, considering there are another 6 LNs to go, it could fit well into just 16 episodes, assuming A-1 go with a similar pace to AIC in the first season.

BlueDragonfangirl

Is it that good of a series? You guys are all giving it good reviews but..To me, I just can't get behind brotherxsister romance plus the main female character annoyed me the first episode.

Chris

Old Coot
To me, I just can't get behind brotherxsister romance
But there is no brother x sister romance. The series does the total opposite of what one would expect from this type of series. Kyosuke's just trying to be a good older brother.

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior
It took me this long to realize Kyosuke's got the same voice as Tomoya Okazaki. .____.

Anyways episode 1 was... an episode. Stupid bullcrap interruption before Kuroneko got to say whatever she was gonna say. No reason he couldn't have just asked her after Sena left. But wait! He chickened out the next day.

Their dad keeps reminding me of how much I miss Kaiji and its awesome narrator.

Jolteon91

iDOLM@STER Fanboy
Even though I loved the first season, I was surprisingly hyped about this coming in to it, and I thought the first episode was great, but then I love Kirino so of course I'm going to love an episode that is 90% Kirino screen time.

It took me this long to realize Kyosuke's got the same voice as Tomoya Okazaki. .____.

OreImo has got a pretty nice main cast with Nakamura Yuuichi, Taketatsu Ayane and Hanazawa Kana.

Anyways episode 1 was... an episode. Stupid bullcrap interruption before Kuroneko got to say whatever she was gonna say. No reason he couldn't have just asked her after Sena left. But wait! He chickened out the next day.

They'll get around to that soon.

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior
Even though I loved the first season, I was surprisingly hyped about this coming in to it, and I thought the first episode was great, but then I love Kirino so of course I'm going to love an episode that is 90% Kirino screen time.

This is probably why I didn't like the first season that much. Kirino. Can't stand her. I also have a sister who's self-centered and unreasonable so whenever Kirino does something along those lines (which is really friggin' often) the back of my mind is like "Hey! Remember all your deep-seated resentment towards your sister?" So in my case it's a personal reason.

Jb

Tsun in the streets
I don't like Kirino much but in this case it isn't too much of a bad thing. Most little sisters in anime are annoyingly overbearing. Kirino is a nice change to that.

Show needs more Kuroneko though.

The Admiral

the star of the masquerade
I just can't get behind brotherxsister romance

You know, I don't even like this series, and I know that that's Blatantly Not True re: its content. Doing research might help.

Then again, I also wouldn't be surprised if certain people tried to play that up.

Status
Not open for further replies.