• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Organ donation system and how it should be reformed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

qwerqwer

becuz im bored, i have started a new debate here on a lighter but just a serious topic as my last ones. we know the organ donation system needs reform. here we can argue how.

i believe we need more donors. while rich ppl can just buy organs on the black market, honest americans have to wait. if we had an ad campaign detailing the good parts of organ donation and therefore generating more donors, there would be a lesser wait.

we have to realize who actually donate organs. religious people have certain beleifs concerning the body after death. therefore, only ppl of a certain or no religion donate organs.

we can also inspect the donated organs throughly. if we went through thorough a medical background on every donator first, we would'nt have problems with cancerous patients donating.

the is also the problem of shortening the waiting list. we can organize it more and give according to need and time waited.
we can also develop new drugs that can reduce the number of people needing a transplant.

w/ more drugs being developed, we can hopefully see a reform going in 5 - 10 yrs. if the economy improves

here, list your ideas on reform in the organ donation system.

Cutiebunny

Frosty Fashionista
Let's not forget to add illegals. There has been some buzz in my state about those who are illegally present in the United States being afforded organ replacement surgery ahead of those that are US citizens or US Legal Permanent Residents.

I, personally, find that rather wretched. Here you have people who haven't broken the law, who had the misfortune of being born with a certain condition and in a certain economic level, being forced to wait behind those who are illegally here.

I read an article about this last week. The article talks with a woman whose parents brought her to the US illegally because they thought she could get better medical care in the US than in Mexico. In California, children are afforded free medical care, called Medical. The woman had been on Medical and had received dialysis and other liver treatments for free from the time she enterred the US at the age of 2 to when the program cut her off at age 21(she's now 23). She actually had the audacity to state that the US government should pay for all medical costs now because this was a preexisting condition and the state should go out of its way to make sure she gets the medication that she needs to stay alive.

I got your medication right here, lady. It's called a one way ticket back to Mexico.

Status
Not open for further replies.