• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Organization?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I name them after the backgrounds (PLantBox, CaveBox, The Box, etc.), and place my Pokemon in the corresponding environment.

Zhanton

le quant-à-soi
I actually finished cleaning out my PC recently.

First, I have just some basic Pokemon (Arbok, Togekiss, etc.), organized by gender then by National Dex Number.

Second, I have Pokemon from breeding projects, organized by order of breeding.

Third, next breeding projects, in no particular order.

Fourth, Commonly used Pokemon, like my Ditto, Smeargle, Magcargo, Parasect, Pachirisu, Meowth, Crobat, Vaporeon, and Steelix.

Fifth, I have old ingame Pokemon, like my Arcanine, Butterfree, Blastoise, Infernape, Roserade, etc.

Sixth, my legends, ordered by national dex number.

Seventh, Pokemon that I need to evolve or breed for the Pokedex, ordered by national dex number.

Eight, Pokemon I have received in trades. Ordered by, of course, dex number.

Ninth, Pokemon I am EVing or have been EVed. Ordered by EVed, then EVing, which are ordered by closeness to 510 EVs.

And Tenth, Event Pokemon and shinnies. There are no shinnies, currently, but the Event Pokemon are ordered by date received. Shinnies will be ordered by national dex number.

Wow, that's organised! I need to clean up my PC soon. I started yesterday but then got bored and went hatching eggs, lol.

pokemaster001

well, in pearl I have the standard box 1, box 2, etc. because I have very few pokemon, but once I get enough, like in diamond, I have my boxes in 20 level increments from 1-99 and a whole box for lvl. 100s (empty, along with 81-99) a box for traded pokemon, a box for my 3rd gen pokemon, an egg box, an unown box, and finally a whole box for my team! the rest are labeled EXTRA. and all of them are organised with the highest to lowest level of pokemon in them

Last edited:

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
Mainly in numerical order, and then I have seperate boxes for my teams, shinies, and breeding projects.

dragon-dark-master

Thanks SPPf. TTYL
I organise like this:

Types grass, water etc, I put similar types into the one box eg - rock/ground

Then there is starters

Pokemon that I am going to EV train

Shinies (not many... :p )

Pokemon that are going onto my Pokemon Ranch

Pokemon that I am trafing on Serebii

The boxes get a bit mixed sometimes, but I try my best....

Angel Xtreme

By Numerical Order in the first 13th boxes.
At the bottom of the 13th box I put Pokémon that I might trade.
The 14th box I used to put the Unown, but now that I transfered them to My Pokémon Ranch now I use that box for my Pokémon that I EV trained and aren't Lv. 100. When they reach to that level I put them in his numerical place.
All my EV Pokémon have a Heart Mark and the Trading Pokémon has a Star Mark in order to don't lose track of them.
If I have more than one of any kind of Pokémon and I'm not going to trade them, EV train them or use them for Breeding (Males with Egg Moves and Females with Good Nature), I transfer them to My Pokémon Ranch.

zlxq3000

Master Collector
In Diamond, every box is numbered by Dex entry, ie. first box is 1-30, second box is 31-60, etc., all the way up to 481-493+ (+ being extras or something), then the last box is Special, which is where my party, HM slaves, and any special pokemon (like shinies) are kept.

I'm going to use Pearl to store alternate forms of pokemon since I've already almost completed the Pokedex in Diamond. There are boxes for alternate male/female forms of pokemon that I don't have, a box for Unown, another for Spinda, and others for things like shinies and things to breed (like Feebas).

Platinum is going to be where I store my competitive pokemon when it comes out.

So far, I've only done anything in Diamond, so I don't have the alt pokemon or a full Pokedex (although I'm only missing the ones only available in Pearl, Magmortar, and Mew, all of which I can get easily, and Arceus and Celebi, since Arceus hasn't been released yet and Celebi's almost impossible to obtain). But that's how I plan on using the three carts to do things. I'm very meticulous about these things, you see. XP

SychinLegacy

Pokemon I caught during the game are kept in boxes 1,2 and 3. Legendaries, notables, and Pokemon I used on my team at various times are in boxes 14 and 13.

zlxq3000

Master Collector
Heh, I went back to look at some of the other posts in here... I like that setup, Umbreon-dana. I'd probably do the same thing or something similar, except for the fact that I actually went and did breeding back in third-gen so that I have one of everything (ie. I have a Bulbasaur, Ivysaur, and Venusaur, not just a Venusaur, etc.), so all of my boxes got filled up pretty quickly after using the Pal Park. Hence why I'm using Pearl for extras, alternate forms, and what-have-you.

Blivsey

DATA_ERROR
I have four or so boxes at the front for trade-gotten Pokémon (woo Lottery), one of Legendaries, and one box where I keep my lv.100-trained monsters and my handful of shinies. The rest are strewn about pretty haphazardly in the next six or so boxes.

TR_Jessie

Adventure Seeker
I have my boxes organized by types, and when I have double-typed Pokemon, I just put them into whatever box has more space.

I also have two "party pokemon" boxes (most of the pokemon that I trained and also use the most), a "Legendary" box for my ubers and legendaries, and a "Give" box for pokemon I am saving for other people, extras, and my cool German Magikarp.

After boxing them, I put them in numerical order as well. (except for the give, party, and legendary boxes.)

Crystal Firestorm

I decided to fix up my box system in Diamond. I have a box of pokemon that don't evolve, a couple of boxes of Basic pokemon, a couple of boxes for stage 1 pokemon and then a box of stage 2 pokemon. There are other boxes too, eggs, shinies (only 3 in it though), eeveelutions, my team for Platinum, starters, Unown and then Legendaries. It actually works quite well.

Kikas123

What 'bout My Star?
I usually do it by Habitat, although Unowns and Shinnies get their own box, the "Trade Pending" Box and egg box are also excluded

Overheat Hothead

Custom User Title
1-10: Useless Pokemon, sorted by type.
11: Unown. I only have, like, three, but I think it might be fun to collect them all some day.
12: Empty
13: Pokemon I want to breed.
14: Pokemon who's IVs need to be checked.
15: Legendaries I want to keep.
16: Useless legendaries, mostly kept for trades.
17: Trained Pokemon and Pokemon I need to train.
18: Infernape for ingame battles, Smeargle for catching Pokemon, HM slaves, Eggs, Magcargo for egg hatching, Dittos for breeding, and shinies.

Ever since I got My Pokemon Ranch the useless Pokemon in 1-10 have been deposited there. Box one has since been used for shinies and Events (including Pokemon traded from Ranch).

Freedom

Pokeman
I organize it by types, that's the best way to do it cos when you want a particular type, it's easy to find. Just like with my DVDs I organize it by genre so when I'm in the mood for a particular genre it's easy to find. The same goes with dual types, I just put them in the box which seems more that type like with Snover, it seems more like ice so I put it in that box even though it's grass-ice.

Mercutio

Galaxy Master Kush
I plan to use the system I had in the 3rd gen (haven't been going on D/P/Pt long enough to need it yet).

"Trade box" x1 for useless stuff like Catapie- used for trades with more valuable pokemon with friends who don't actually want anything back.

"Battle box" x However many I need to fit in my battlers- usually 3ish since I release ones I replace.

"Breed box" x Same again, but there's a lot of these boxes...

I usually have a spare box or two to hold things for people who are restarting the game. Also a box for Ubers since I do like an Uber battle now and again.

Beotium

Mew-Overlord
The only organization I make in every Version is to sort my Unowns alphabetwise..

Status
Not open for further replies.