• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Origin of username

nightsmith97

To Hoenn!
I was thinking about Skyrim as I was coming up with my username, and how I was working to get my Smithing skill really high. Then, that lead to thoughts about the Luanr Forge in Whiterun Hold. After that, I just inserted my birth year.

~nightsmith97

Sceptrigon

Armored Legend
My name represents the first 3 Pokémon I kept in my in-game team in Sapphire Version, Sceptile, Aggron, and Manetric. I've also been very fond of this trio since they were the only ones from my team that weren't blue, so I considered them as smaller team of sorts. I've also used this name because Hoenn is my favorite region. This pretty much led to my own creations of Sceptrigon as a Pokemon, and other combinations of Pokemon I've thought up.

Nyula

i like razors
Nyula is the Japanese name for Sneasel, I like Sneasel's aesthetic, behaviour (so unlike mine) and use in battle. I also like Cyndaquil, Snivy and Mudkip, but starters receive plenty of air-time as it is.

Shinyvirizion because shiny virizion.
When I got Pokemon Black I caught a shiny Virizion.
I was a shiny hunter. Then my game got stolen.
I was sad because Virizion is my favorite shiny,
I also had a few others I didn't care about on there, too.

Then I got Pokemon White. After practically a year of playing,
decided it was time to get another shiny Virzion. So I got
one.

Originally I would have chosen my name to be cookiebean because
that was what my youtube name was called. it was some old usernames
from the past combined together. I think one of the was cookiegir987765?

Floette

Fennekin
PocketMonstre has a few meanings.

The first is rather obvious - Pocket Monsters was the name for pokemon before they were released and the name was changed to Pokemon.
The second- I twisted the pronunciation and spelling of 'Monster' to 'Monstre' because this is how the word monster is pronounced in a song that is meaningful to me. I believe that this spelling is similar to one or more of the Romance Language spellings of Monster.
The third - Just as pokemon are carried in pokeballs that can be placed in a pocket, my DS can be placed in MY pocket. So I literally have "pocket monsters"

About the pronunciation of my name: I say it as either (Pocket-Mon-Stray) or (Pocket-Mon-Stare), though I prefer the latter.

Meeker

It needs a fence.
Man! It seems that lots of people have some king of spiritual/philisophical name based off of something really complicated or that only the intellecual would understand, like the Fibonacci Sequence or something! Not really, but my point is that some of the people here made a username based off of multiple thing and merged them together, which is more creative than mine. So the process is like a complex formula you'd need a degree to understand (well, compared to mine at least).

Enough with the ludacris exagerations, as for me, my name is much more simple.
Meek = submissive (ask anyone who knows me, It's the exact opposite of what I am): so a Meeker would be a sumissive person
Also, Meeker is the name of a minor character from S.T.A.L.K.E.R., which is one of my favorite games. (The game is very complex, not for the CoD fanboy at all!)
Maybe it lacks the creativity that some people put into their's, but I like it personally.

SamtheUlfr

I came up with my name when trying to combine Sammael and Fenrisulfr.
So, it became SamtheUlfr due to "ulfr" meaning "wolf".

MuzikMaestro

>Never Say I Die<
lol I plan to be a music major... and music is a major part of my life.... plus the fact that I'm partially german (and 99.99% german-minded).... so that's where the muzik part comes from.... maestro is the name a jerk sarcastically shot at me one day, but I enjoyed it, so it stuck. voila! muzikmaestro!

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
Mine is just a combo of two of my favorite pokemon

Pikachu and Bulbasaur

it used to bother me when people thought the "saur" part meant Dinosaur.

Armando Payne

Diego Armando & Winston Payne = My Username. (That and Armando Payne sounds bloody awesome, I mean in the awe-inspiring sense.