• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Original Character

Heracross

Custom User Title
Nothing special. I drew this yesterday when I was bored and tweaked it a bit in Photoshop.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v405/Heracross/Misc2/12ghj3k438.png

I've had the idea for her character for quite some time as part of a fanfiction I'll probably never get around to writing, but it wasn't until now that I really finalized exactly how I wanted her to be.

Also please note that I don't give a rats a** about the lack of shading, in case you were going to point that out. Actual constructive critique is appreciated.

Xiang

Wow. The outlines are really neat. I find it difficult to draw people in that position. Cookie for the accomplishment. In fact, it's a lot neater without the shading. ^_^

Her ear is going the wrong way if that "3" is what I think is, but at a short glance the picture seems perfect, awesome job!

I love her expression. Her elbow, shoulders, sleeve and nose look too sharp/pointy though. And so does her knee.
Is she like a hippie or something? o.o; I see all those peace, happy face icons on her purse and that's got me wondering.
Cute picture though. I hope that was good enough crit for you.

Heracross

Custom User Title
Yeah, she's pretty much a hippie, in principle anyway. Her personality was inspired a great deal by Haruko of FLCL, as far as her energy and randomness go. Although lamentably you can't tell any of that from just the picture.

Spookz

Lumos
Honestly, I didn't notice the lack of shading until I went back and read your comments on the art. IMO, too much shading can ruin some drawings- it looks good as it is.
I'd like to see you try and color it (or anything for that matter) with your fancy photo shop. :p

Only thing that bothers me is one of the buttons, the peace sign is upside down, unless you intentionally did that?

Infinity

Gone...
Photobucket said:
Sorry, the page you requested was not found

Yeah, might want to fix that...

Heracross

Custom User Title
Yeah, I was trying to update with a fixed version and Photobucket was being a douche. Should work now.

Infinity

Gone...
Oo pointy.

It's not bad at all. I'm not going to give ya a hard critique on this one though, unless ya want one. However, the knee is bugging me a bit.

Umi Mizuno

☠ one girl army
Nice, I love her hair, it's so... long. XD And her bag. =o Though there's something about her smile that bugs me, or maybe it's just me.

Infinity

Gone...
Alright then. Well I do have to make another comment about the pointyness if you do not mind. The pointyness of the pic make things look a little stiff. It could be your own individual style, so I'm not going to be that picky about it. I do think if you added some eyebrows that it would give her a little bit more attitude. The sunglasses are a bit inconsistent in regards to each of the lens' sizes. If you are going with a pointy style you should at least leave the mouth curvier as well. I'm having a hard time seeing if the eyes are congruent with each other or not... So, you might want to be careful with that.

Overall though it is a nice pic. I am curious where you will take your style.

Clockworkz

SURPRISE BUTTSECKS
Christ, is that a pot leaf on her bag?
I love her already.
Hands are a little blocky, and the shades need a little work. But I dig your style, as well as her attitude. Nice.

Spookz

Lumos
I see you fixed the peace sign. :) Though, taking another look at it, there is something else that bothers me. Her hat. It's situated very high on the top of her head, normally the hat should sit just above the ear and across the forehead.

Haunt of the Vile

Oh my goodness! What happened to her neck! Where's her neck; oh my god did some vobal animal ate it?! Gyaaaa!!

Hmm... yes, the face is bit off, and shading would ruin this. Nothing more fancier :3.

Heracross

Custom User Title
I don't suppose you could elaborate on the face being off? As it is, I'd chalk the facial features up to personal style, but if there is something that looks really wrong that I'm not seeing I don't want to be repeating it. Eyebrows, eh... I didn't know what to do with 'em without disrupting the expression she has now, which is certainly something for me to work on.

I am glad that people are satisfied with the lack of shading. On some things I posted a while back it seemed as though half the posts were "its good but culd use shadign :)," which was exceedingly annoying. Hence my little notice.

In any case, thanks for the comments everyone.

well shading can work but don't use your fingers. use various ways of using the penciel like cris-hatch, hatching etc. erasers also help good shading and toneing.

ashes

*dances*
Nice, no mistakes I could see! ^_^ Very neat and love the Peace look! Love the bag, and the hat is awsome!

Haunt of the Vile

I don't suppose you could elaborate on the face being off? As it is, I'd chalk the facial features up to personal style, but if there is something that looks really wrong that I'm not seeing I don't want to be repeating it. Eyebrows, eh... I didn't know what to do with 'em without disrupting the expression she has now, which is certainly something for me to work on.

Oh, sorry :(
Well, all I can say is that her jaw is too small, and her right eye is too high...

Hehe. She seems to be such a rebel. I like her design a lot. Well done for the most part. I only found it weird that her knee is too squaredy, but the rest is great. Her glasses are so funny too. :D

Very good overall. I like the outline a lot. Lack of shading has never bothered me. This is pretty good. ^^

I'm willing to see more pics by you. Keep it up! :)