• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Originality owns!!!

55afrothunder

Her shoes Christian
considering sharpedo has no atk boosting move, a bulky volcarona kills it. sharpedo is also vulnerable to mach punch, so breloom destroys a lot of your team, sporing any potential counters on the switch, i.e. latios. beside the point, sharpedo sucks. its only good job is picking off weakened opponents, due to no boosting move, and even then its still weak to the most common attack type, fighting. its a glass cannon. and you seem to forget. i said "nothing can switch in safely." you are telling me 'pedo-phile can survive a bug buzz @ +0? lol.

and pray tell how you destroyed ddnites, considering nothing is powerful enough to ohko it and everything is outsped at +1? the only real counter is revenge killing.
wat dont u get sharpedo gets speed boost a waterfall boosted in the rain with stab is gonna destroy volcarona

CuriousHeartless

DrizzleToad, MoxieCross, and Speed Boost Sharpedo (No nickname for that one) are Gen 5. If you really want to be a hater, don't use them either. Also, Scald is a Gen 5 move so take that off of Politoed. Unless you are willing to do that, stop being a hater. I'm not saying you have to use a Pokemon from every generation, I don't use a fourth gen Pokemon on my team, but don't be a hater or a member of the fan-dumb. As for actual advice, I'd suggest replacing one of the Life Orbs. Maybe put Choice Specs or, if you don't want to use a Choice Item, an Expert Belt (Don't worry, they aren't Fifth gen items) onto Latios. Sometimes losing a little bt of power is worth it if you don't wipe yourself out against a wall.

Klaus™

Banned
....im well aware of the fact, and from the way you have avoided my questions you can tell that you know nothing. let me rephrase my questions:

how do you handle voltturn cores, more specifically scrotom/scizor? a combo of scarf scrotom and banded scizor demolishes your team, especially considering rotom abuses rain just as much as you. i.e. hydro pump.

how do you supposedly counter ddnite? it sets up on any of your pokes. and has multiscale to take hits.

besides sharpedo, how else do you counter volca? one pokemon does not justify counter gone, especially if a bulky volca is ran. especially since you will probably switch in pedo to counter volca, and get hit by a bug buzz.you will almost never be in the right place at the right time. no fool is going to switch in volca on pedo, but youd be a dumbass to switch pedo in on volca. theres no chance of a fiery dance headed your way, because rain is up, so the only logical choice of move is bug buzz. bye bye only check

55afrothunder

Her shoes Christian
DrizzleToad, MoxieCross, and Speed Boost Sharpedo (No nickname for that one) are Gen 5. If you really want to be a hater, don't use them either. Also, Scald is a Gen 5 move so take that off of Politoed. Unless you are willing to do that, stop being a hater. I'm not saying you have to use a Pokemon from every generation, I don't use a fourth gen Pokemon on my team, but don't be a hater or a member of the fan-dumb. As for actual advice, I'd suggest replacing one of the Life Orbs. Maybe put Choice Specs or, if you don't want to use a Choice Item, an Expert Belt (Don't worry, they aren't Fifth gen items) onto Latios. Sometimes losing a little bt of power is worth it if you don't wipe yourself out against a wall.

wow I just said i don't like fifth gen pokemon I never said the moves or abilities def trying that

Last edited:

55afrothunder

Her shoes Christian
....im well aware of the fact, and from the way you have avoided my questions you can tell that you know nothing. let me rephrase my questions:

how do you handle voltturn cores, more specifically scrotom/scizor? a combo of scarf scrotom and banded scizor demolishes your team, especially considering rotom abuses rain just as much as you. i.e. hydro pump.

how do you supposedly counter ddnite? it sets up on any of your pokes. and has multiscale to take hits.

besides sharpedo, how else do you counter volca? one pokemon does not justify counter gone, especially if a bulky volca is ran. especially since you will probably switch in pedo to counter volca, and get hit by a bug buzz.you will almost never be in the right place at the right time. no fool is going to switch in volca on pedo, but youd be a dumbass to switch pedo in on volca. theres no chance of a fiery dance headed your way, because rain is up, so the only logical choice of move is bug buzz. bye bye only check

oh i see now wat you mean you were very vague and i can set up rocks or perish song because I know poli can live and least one hit I might put ice fang on sharpedo or better yet i'll put mamoswine but who can i change

Klaus™

Banned
lol. you answered one question, and its not even a good answer to it. politoed im sure cannot live a +1 dragon claw/outrage, nothing on your team can bar forry(lol). it also learns roost, making rocks stupid. @ +1, a dnite is faster than a +1 sharpedo, so that is out of the question, and a good player will always keep rocks off of the field. not checked

55afrothunder

Her shoes Christian
lol. you answered one question, and its not even a good answer to it. politoed im sure cannot live a +1 dragon claw/outrage, nothing on your team can bar forry(lol). it also learns roost, making rocks stupid. @ +1, a dnite is faster than a +1 sharpedo, so that is out of the question, and a good player will always keep rocks off of the field. not checked

who has higher speed sharpedo or dragonite and politoed can because its physicly defensive but are u gonna help me or are going to discuss

Last edited:

Klaus™

Banned
lol, you assume you always have it covered.

1) pedo is faster, but you will probably be switching into a dd, then he extremespeed kills you.

2) lol, toed survives +1? show me calcs and ill believe. even still, you cant allow it to get to plus 2 or you sir, are buttf*cked

3)i believe i have given my help multiple times throughout this thread, while you have ignored the truth or put aside my suggestions.

also ferrothonrn. a staple on rain, demolishes sharpedo.

going back to not accepting facts, id like to quote a green day song, in saying " dont be blinded by the lies/in your eyes".

i listed a ddnite counter in sashed mamo, and i listed a voltturn counter in virizion. but you are either too stubborn, likely, plain stupid, also likely, or are very competitive battler on par with BH, or gamefreak, and know that hera is a much better choice( lol, not likely.)

55afrothunder

Her shoes Christian
lol, you assume you always have it covered.

1) pedo is faster, but you will probably be switching into a dd, then he extremespeed kills you.

2) lol, toed survives +1? show me calcs and ill believe. even still, you cant allow it to get to plus 2 or you sir, are buttf*cked

3)i believe i have given my help multiple times throughout this thread, while you have ignored the truth or put aside my suggestions.

also ferrothonrn. a staple on rain, demolishes sharpedo.

going back to not accepting facts, id like to quote a green day song, in saying " dont be blinded by the lies/in your eyes".

i listed a ddnite counter in sashed mamo, and i listed a voltturn counter in virizion. but you are either too stubborn, likely, plain stupid, also likely, or are very competitive battler on par with BH, or gamefreak, and know that hera is a much better choice( lol, not likely.)

so how can virizion help how does it counter it

Usatoday

Eternal God
Hades you need to understand we are only trying to help and darklord is doing his best trying not get angry I however have had enough of you period!
Well I decided to make a rain team for the OU tier and you will also notice I have no 5 gen Pokemon because I DO NOT NEED ANY CONKELDURRS,FERROTHORNS OR HYDREIGONS TO WIN.Well here it is and rate.
If you dont like fifth gen play fourth gen if you dont want to do that realize that sometimes you can't play favorites when it comes to dealing with threats to this team if you play in fifth gen atleast try some fifth gen pokes.
186.gif

CAMELTOE(politoed)
item:leftovers nature:Bold
Ability: Drizzle
Evs:252 hp,252 def,4 sp.def
-Scald
-Toxic/Ice Beam
-Perish Song
-Protect

Well politoed is necessary for rain teams it does it's job and then scald for doing some damage and toxic is for Pokemon immune to my scald.Protect is to see what the opponent will do and to get some hp from leftovers and perish song is to cut sweeps short.
Politoed will not be able to handle dragons if you pack ice beam otherwise dragonite will take a dump on your entire team.

205.gif

Forretress
Item:Chesto Berry Nature:Careful
Ability:Sturdy
Evs:252hp,252 sp.def,4 def IVs:0 speed
-Rest
-Stealth Rocks
-Rapid Spin
-Gyro Ball

Forretress is to setup hazards and spin them away.Toxic spikes is to poison the opponent and stealth rocks is to do extra damage.Gyro ball is to do some damage and shed skin is to escape magnezone.Sturdy is to atleast get a chance to setup a hazard.
Forretress is not good as a special wall other than in ubers for dialga and giritina-0 and trust me when i say a restochesto set will work fine as it allows for you to get rid of status and recover health for the loss of leftovers

214.gif

Heracross
Item:choice scarf Nature:Jolly
Ability:Moxie
Evs:252 attk,252 speed,4 hp
-Stone Edge
-Close Combat
-Megahorn
-Pursuit

Heracross is to get rid of the pink blobs choice scarf is the revenge kill terrakion and the lati twins.Close Combat and megahorn are for STAB and stone edge is to hit flying types and pursuit is to kill fleeing psychic types and ghost jolly is to out speed opposing 85 speed scarfers.Guts is to Boost my attk when status im poison or burn sadly Moxie is unreleased so i'll stick to guts until then.
Moxie is released according to the Eleventh thanks for telling me the eleventh
Honestly i love heracross but its not needed on this team just go with a bulk up or sd toxicroak if you want to deal with terakion and the lati twins

319.gif

Sharpedo
Item:life orb nature:Adamant
Ability:Speed Boost
Evs:252attk,252 speed,4 hp
-Waterfall
-Crunch
-Earthquake
-Protect

Man I freaking love this thing.Why? becuase it takes care of speedy psychic types if I lose my heracross and it can only get walled by ferrothorn.It kinda deals with gliscor and skarmory.Though it's super frail.Adamant is for more attack since speed boost boosts my speed protect is to get at least one speed boost.Waterfall and Crunch are for STAB and earthquake is for steel types like jirachi.Life orb is to hit even harder.
No just no you dont need this just try something else please and its "only walled by ferrothorn and skarmory" no its not not to mention those are two of the most common physical walls in this current metagame.
381.gif

Latios
Item:Expert Belt Nature:Timid
Ability:levitate
Evs:252 sp.attk,252 speed,4 hp
-Draco Meteor
-Surf
-Psychic
-Recover/Thunder

Latios is to get rid of fighting types and dragons.Timid is to boost speed a bit and life orb is to hit harder.Draco meteor is for powerful STAB and surf is to take advantage of the rain.Psyshock is to not get completely wall by the pink Blobs. Since life orb will wear me down fast recover is to survive a bit longer.
changed psyshock for psychic got the suggestion from psycho cut
This is fine however the expert belt set allows you to bluff a choice set and can trick the opponent that your going to use trick and net an essentially kill.

243.gif

Raikou
item:Life orb nature:Rash
Ability:pressure
Evs:252 sp.attk,252 speed,4 sp.def
-Thunder
-Aura Sphere
-Weather Ball
-Calm Mind

Last but not least is raikou.Life orb is to hit harder rash nature is mandatory.Why? because it has event moves which are only usable with rash nature just to make it legal and fair.Thunder is 100 percent accurate with rain and weather ball is to hit gliscor and other ground types.Aura sphere is to beat ferrothorn. Calm mind is to get a sp.attk boost when I can
I love this set however its outclassed on this team atleast by rotom because it gets a stab hydro and thunder.
Well my first threat is fighting types when i lose latios and ferrothorn

This is my rain team and please don't suggest 5gen pokemon because I need them to win.So please Rate

who has higher speed sharpedo or dragonite and politoed can because its physicly defensive but are u gonna help me or are going to discuss
Sharpedo can't touch a dragonite without ice fang/beam now dark you'd be surprised politoed takes about 44% from a plus 1 dragon claw
now to suggest things for the team
1.Tornadus over latios just because it will allow you to handle ttar
Tornadus Therian @ Life Orb
Nature Naive
Ability Regenerator
Evs 4 Atk 252 SAtk 252 Spd
Hurricane
Superpower
U-Turn
Heat Wave

also your team isnt really hazard weak so make toed a scarf/specs set and drop forry
Politoed @ Choice Scarf/Specs
Nature Timid
Ability Drizzle
Surf/Hydro Pump
Ice Beam
Focus Blast
Perish Song

next off instead of politoed for physically bulky go with a porygon2
Porygon2 @ Eviolite
Nature Bold
Ability Trace
Evs 252 HP 200 Def 56 SDef
Ice Beam
Thunderbolt
Toxic/Thunder Wave
Recover

also for your special wall go with either a dusclops or jellicent
Dusclops @ Eviolite
Nature Careful
Ability Pressure
Evs 252 HP 240 SDef 16 Def
Substitute
Pain Split
Will-O-Wisp
Night Shade

overall a decent team however you need to get your act together how you've been treating dark makes you look unprofessional and makes you look like a douche and we're in gen 5 deal with it if you dont like it wait for the next gen in a few years. Also you need to realize we're just trying to help you if you dont want help dont post here also toxicroak porygon2 and duclops would help aid the volcarona and dragon weakness

Last edited:

55afrothunder

Her shoes Christian
Hades you need to understand we are only trying to help and darklord is doing his best trying not get angry I however have had enough of you period!

Sharpedo can't touch a dragonite without ice fang/beam now dark you'd be surprised politoed takes about 44% from a plus 1 dragon claw
now to suggest things for the team
1.Tornadus over latios just because it will allow you to handle ttar
Tornadus Therian @ Life Orb
Nature Naive
Ability Regenerator
Evs 4 Atk 252 SAtk 252 Spd

also your team isnt really hazard weak so make toed a scarf/specs set and drop forry
Politoed @ Choice Scarf/Specs
Nature Timid
Ability Drizzle
Surf/Hydro Pump
Ice Beam
Focus Blast
Perish Song

next off instead of politoed for physically bulky go with a porygon2
Porygon2 @ Eviolite
Nature Bold
Ability Trace
Evs 252 HP 200 Def 56 SDef
Ice Beam
Thunderbolt
Toxic/Thunder Wave
Recover

also for your special wall go with either a dusclops or jellicent
Dusclops @ Eviolite
Nature Careful
Ability Pressure
Evs 252 HP 240 SDef 16 Def
Substitute
Pain Split
Will-O-Wisp
Night Shade

overall a decent team however you need to get your act together how you've been treating dark makes you look unprofessional and makes you look like a douche and we're in gen 5 deal with it if you dont like it wait for the next gen in a few years. Also you need to realize we're just trying to help you if you dont want help dont post here also toxicroak porygon2 and duclops would help aid the volcarona and dragon weakness

I dont have bw2 and no i dont

Klaus™

Banned
o, you are willing to accept my help and use a 5th gen poke? well arent you just the brave one?

virizion basically walls rotom-w to hell and back, only 3hkod by hp ice, not counting giga drain hp gain. i believe with the evs given, cc 2hkos, but you can run calcs for that. virizion also helps to check volca, for fear of stone edge. alternatively, a calm mind set can be used, to @ +1 always ohko scizor with foxus blast, and ohko landorus, gliscor, and rotom-w with respective moves.

55afrothunder

Her shoes Christian
o, you are willing to accept my help and use a 5th gen poke? well arent you just the brave one?

virizion basically walls rotom-w to hell and back, only 3hkod by hp ice, not counting giga drain hp gain. i believe with the evs given, cc 2hkos, but you can run calcs for that. virizion also helps to check volca, for fear of stone edge. alternatively, a calm mind set can be used, to @ +1 always ohko scizor with foxus blast, and ohko landorus, gliscor, and rotom-w with respective moves.

ok i will :'( sadly(why do they have to be horrible pokemon)

Last edited:

Klaus™

Banned
just some tweaks to usa's post:

i actually like this politoed set:

politoed @leftovers
modest
252 hp/ 252 SpA
- hydro pump
- ice beam
- hp grass
- encore

stops ddnite with good prediction, and takes care of gastrodon who walls a lot of your team with the right spread.

you forgot T-T's moves, this is what id put:

- hurricane
- u-turn
- superpower
- [filler]/coverage move

toxicroak is a good choice. predict right with sucker punch though.

over forry, you can also run tentacruel, as it gets rain dish, and can counter terrakion, taking a pittance from cc, and responding with scald hopefully burning it. sets up toxic spikes, and spins. mamo sets up stealth rock.

jellicent is a good SpD wall also, walling terrakion too and crippling with WoW. then stalling. spinblocks for you too.

btw, pedo is not "only walled by ferro and skarm". its also walled by hydreigon, and is countered by any fighting priority, and/or anything that is bulky enough to take a hit and retaliate in kind. therefore, mamo over pedo.

your team should be as followed:

politoed- 3 attacks set
forry/tentacruel
latios
rotom-w>raikou. agreed usa
either toxicroak or virizion
mamoswine

that is all...for now. open up your mind, as there are many 5th gen pokes that are amazing *cough* golurk *cough*. you are assuming every 5th gen poke is unoriginal and sucks, though there are more pokes that are unoriginal and cheap, i.e. breloom, gliscor, voltturn scrotom/scizor, etc. im tired of you acting like a child. grow up and broaden your horizons

55afrothunder

Her shoes Christian
just some tweaks to usa's post:

i actually like this politoed set:

politoed @leftovers
modest
252 hp/ 252 SpA
- hydro pump
- ice beam
- hp grass
- encore

stops ddnite with good prediction, and takes care of gastrodon who walls a lot of your team with the right spread.

you forgot T-T's moves, this is what id put:

- hurricane
- u-turn
- superpower
- [filler]/coverage move

toxicroak is a good choice. predict right with sucker punch though.

over forry, you can also run tentacruel, as it gets rain dish, and can counter terrakion, taking a pittance from cc, and responding with scald hopefully burning it. sets up toxic spikes, and spins. mamo sets up stealth rock.

jellicent is a good SpD wall also, walling terrakion too and crippling with WoW. then stalling. spinblocks for you too.

btw, pedo is not "only walled by ferro and skarm". its also walled by hydreigon, and is countered by any fighting priority, and/or anything that is bulky enough to take a hit and retaliate in kind. therefore, mamo over pedo.

your team should be as followed:

politoed- 3 attacks set
forry/tentacruel
latios
rotom-w>raikou. agreed usa
either toxicroak or virizion
mamoswine

that is all...for now. open up your mind, as there are many 5th gen pokes that are amazing *cough* golurk *cough*. you are assuming every 5th gen poke is unoriginal and sucks, though there are more pokes that are unoriginal and cheap, i.e. breloom, gliscor, voltturn scrotom/scizor, etc. im tired of you acting like a child. grow up and broaden your horizons

how do i deal with ferrothorn

55afrothunder

Her shoes Christian
meant to put tornadus over latios.

you deal with him with tornadus( that set, or a bulk up set. bulk up preferred) or virizion/croak.

so im putting politoed mamo virizion tentacruel/porygon2 latios and raikou is this good

Klaus™

Banned
cruel> porygon2. or at the least keep forry. you need toxic spikes down for your special sweepers to rampage through once the blobs are done, and you need spins. rotom-w outclasses raikou in every way possible. use that. all in all, i think the team needs more work, js.