• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Originals or remakes?

KarateMan

Simple, for me its always the originals, I would much rather play Red and Silver than Fire Red and Soul Silver.

What about you?

The remakes because I think they were made much better!!!! :)

aclover

VICTORiOUS
The reamkes, better connectivity, graphics, items, pokemon and usualy added plot, battles. plus it could incorperate features of the origional games sequesl in to the remake (like crystal plot in HG/SS)

Skull-Kid

The reamkes, better connectivity, graphics, items, pokemon and usualy added plot, battles. plus it could incorperate features of the origional games sequesl in to the remake (like crystal plot in HG/SS)

This is what I think exactly.

The originals are and always will be amazing games but making them bigger and better just makes them even more amazing.

inb4retrofanboys

thetifftiff

So far I've mostly liked the remakes better but Soul Silver was much better than Leaf Green for various reasons (most of which, for me anyway, is the physical/special split, I have a hard time playing the older games now that I've been so spoiled).

rykerr1

The Great Gublet
I like the originals for nostalgia. However, I think the remakes are better games because they have all of the pokemon that have been released since the originals, and they have elements such as the physical/special split, use of wifi, and improved graphics.

Canto

The originals will always be awesome but remakes add a lot of stuff the originals didn't have, that makes them awesome too.

PokemonOwn

I prefer the remakes, because of all of the new features added to it. I loved the Pokewalker, and making it compatible with newer games is also a nice touch.

Harder to catch em' all, though :O

Originals have a special place in my heart and on occasion I like to play them for fun.

However the remakes are fantastic! Better graphics, Smoother gameplay, more connectivity, more game mechanics and more colour.

Also walking in R/B/Y/S/G/C is SO SLOW compared to now plus I am quite happy without the "The pokemon box is full you cannot use that item" or whatever it was. Screw changing boxes manually.

Also the battery won't die on me this time ;_; Silver team... AND I can transfer my pokemon to later gens.

RedMage23

The Red Mage
Yeah... the originals have their cumbersome features compared to the modern games... I prefer the remakes because you get the experience of the original plus so much more.

7420Cola

Shelgon Rocks
No matter what happens, I wont be satisfied unless I could go back to the past and relieve the old times. Because the games themselves may not change but the way we think of things are different than they were before.

Vermehlo_Steele

Grand Arbiter II
I will always like the originals and even play them on a device I'm not allowed to name on these forums.

But, like so many people, the remakes aren't like most remakes in this world. Pokemon remakes have been good for now. They expand the game and bring them up to date without compromising the 'feel' of Pokemon or by changing it so much that something went wrong.

I'm glad Kanto doesn't freeze just by tapping the cartridge or that Johto isn't playable due to the cartridge's internal battery imploding and there's other bugs/ drawbacks/ issues I'm glad to no longer have to worry about. Remember the horrible box system? the lack of running? Remember the broken types in Gen 1? Remember the pathetic enemies in Gen 2?

Let's hope the Hoenn remakes continue the standard of greatness.