• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Oriji [MA-18]

jigglyskitt

SNEAK ATTACK
Chapter #001/Enter: Trent Zarona

Trent lunged backward as an oncoming attack all but connected with his torso. He put his right foot behind him and held it strong to sustain his balance. He looked his opponent directly in the eyes. His foe was a bulky man who wielded a giant axe. He wore a black tank top and a pair of tight jeans. Trent eyed him cautiously, anticipating his next attack.

"Die!" the man yelled as he leaped towards Trent, heaving his axe forward. Not a second too soon, Trent lifted his sword and blocked the assault. He felt the weight of the man crashing against his own, and he knew he was losing. Trent's next move came almost automatically. He ducked under the weight of the man and maneuvered around his massive physique. Before the bulky man knew what had happened, Trent was behind him, ready to finish him off.

"Art of the flare blade!" Trent called out as an inferno began to circle around his sword. He held it up in hopes of ending the battle, when suddenly, it all stopped.

"Trent! Wake UP!" a woman's voice screamed. Trent's eyes flung open as he felt two violent hands shaking his body. He screamed and flailed about in his bed until he noticed it was all a dream. He looked at the woman who was shaking him. It was his sister, Roxanne.

Roxanne was an attractive young woman, at the age of only twenty years. She had shoulder-length silver hair, and a smile that would brighten anyone's day. She wore a light blue tube-top with a short black skirt, and a pair of black leg warmers. A giant, black hammer (her weapon of choice) was strapped to her back. Her eyes burned into Trent's with a great anger.

"GOD DAMMIT, TRENT! WE'RE GONNA BE LATE!" she screamed. Trent looked to his alarm clock.

"Oh my god, the tournament!" Trent immediately jumped out of his bed and ran to his dresser.

"Trent, if we miss the ship, I'm gonna kick your *** so hard you'll wish you'd never been born!" Roxanne stomped out of the room and headed down the stairs.

It wasn't unlike Roxanne to behave this way. She had always been a little crazy. As long as Trent had known her, she was crazy. You really couldn't blame her. She had a tough life. Her mother died because of birth complications when she was born,. When she was just four, she found Trent, and her father immediately took him in. When she was ten, her father died of sickness. That left her to parent a six-year-old Trent at the age of only ten years. Luckily, though, her father's wealth and good fortune was able to help Roxanne and Trent live a somewhat-healthy life in their hometown of Raia-Shin.

Now, ten years later, Trent was sixteen, and aspiring to be a master of weapon arts. Fighting had always been a part of his life. Other kids in the village never seemed to like Trent, and therefore, he was prone to getting in fights.

Trent dug through his dresser for a certain pair of pants. He threw clothes all over the room until he finally found them. He slipped them on and looked at himself in the mirror.

"Damn, I'm hot." he told himself, winking at his reflection. Trent had medium-length, spiky, white hair and blue eyes. He threw on a gray tank top and a leather jacket and looked to his desk. There sat a picture of Trent's father. He picked it up, "Dad, today is the day my old life ends, and my new life begins. The day I become a real, live fighter. I'm going to make you proud, dad." He set the picture back down on his desk and headed down the stairs.

"Hurry your slow *** up, Trent. We're gonna be late!" Roxanne screamed from the front doorway. Trent grabbed his sword, strapped it to his back, and followed his sister out the door.

The village of Raia-Shin was quite populous. Villagers roamed the streets in pursuit of food items at markets. It wasn't exactly the richest of villages, but it did fine. Trent and Roxanne ignored all of this and made haste towards the port.

"Trent, the ship's leaving in like, two seconds. Hurry up!" Roxanne pestered.

"Well we wouldn't be running late if you had woken me up earlier!"

"Maybe you can wake up yourself, dumbass!"

"Shut up!"

"YOU shut up!" Roxanne screamed as she turned around and smashed Trent's face in. That was a sign that the argument was over. Trent mumbled as he got up. Without a word, Roxanne turned around and began running towards the ship. Trent immediately followed.

They came to a gate in front of the ship entrance. The last passengers were already making their way onto the ship. Roxanne handed the receptionist two tickets. He examined them, reached into the drawer of his desk, and pulled out a key. "You are room C-4. Here's your key."* Roxanne took the key and led her brother up the ramp to the ship with little time to spare. The ship began moving seconds after their boarding. Trent made a sigh of relief as they both panted, trying to catch their breath.

"That would have been a lot easier if you'd just gotten up." Roxanne scolded, folding her arms in front of her chest.

"Someone's on her period." Trent mumbled to himself.

"I HEARD THAT, YOU DICK!" she screamed as she whipped around and kicked Trent square in the groin. Trent collapsed to the floor of the ship. The pain caused a single tear to fall from his eye. Suddenly, a voice echoed out from a nearby speaker.

"ATTENTION ALL TOURNAMENT PARTICIPANTS. PLEASE REPORT TO THE BOW OF THE SHIP IMMIDIATELY. THAT IS ALL."

Trent got up and walked to the front of the ship with his sister. They arrived to see a giant assembly set up, with ten rows of velvet seats, all full of people. There was a big stage in front of the chairs with a small podium. They made their way down the aisle and sat down. A man in an expensive-looking tuxedo walked up to the podium and began speaking.

"Greetings, tournament participants, and welcome to the 3rd annual Takanawa Weapon Arts Tournament!" a round of applause was heard from the crowd. "Allow me to introduce myself. I am Doctor J. R. Baken, the CEO and judge of the tournament. But I'm sure you don't care about me, right?" A laugh echoed out from the audience.

"Man, this guy is cheesy." Trent whispered to Roxanne.

"Shut up, I'm trying to hear him!" she snapped back.

"Without further ado, here is the man himself, Mr. Takanawa!" a second round of applause was heard as an aging man made his way to the podium. He shook hands with Dr. Baken, and began to speak into the microphone.

"First of all I'd like to thank you all for coming here. It really is an honor to see so many great fighters together. This year, the tournament will be bigger and better than ever. As you may know, the tournament is set on Takanawa Island, about thirty miles east from here. Now, there are about 200 of you here right now, but guess what?" he paused. "Only sixteen of you will actually fight on the island." A round of gasps sounded off from the crowd.

"Why the crap does this guy have to act like he's some stupid reality show host?" Trent remarked.

"Yes, you heard me right. The preliminaries of the tournament will be fought right here on this very ship. When we finally reach the island, only sixteen of you will be left. You will meet up on the island with three other groups of sixteen, where the actual tournament will take place. That is, of course, if you can make it to the tournament. The preliminaries will begin tomorrow. Your tournament schedules are in your respective rooms. That's all I have to say. Let’s make this tournament a good one!" with that, Mr. Takanawa left the podium and exited the stage. All the passengers left for their rooms.

So, getting off to quite a start, would you not agree? Well, if you liked this at all, you're going to love the rest of it. Until next chapter, adios.

Special thanks to Yami Ryu (Renegade) for helping me come up with the name "Raia-Shin".

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 11515

Just loverly, but a view grammar mistakes. D:

Trent lunged backward as an oncoming attack all but connected with his torso. He put his right foot behind him and held it strong to sustain his balance. He looked his opponent directly in the eyes. His foe was a bulky man who wielded a giant axe. He wore a black tank top and a pair of tight jeans. Trent eyed him cautiously, anticipating his next attack.

"Die!" the man yelled as he leaped towards Trent, heaving his axe forward. Not a second too soon, Trent lifted his sword and blocked the assault. He felt the weight of the man crashing against his own, and he knew he was losing. Trent's next move came almost automatically. He ducked under the weight of the man and maneuvered around his massive physique. Before the bulky man knew what had happened, Trent was behind him, ready to finish him off.

"Art of the flare blade!" Trent called out as an inferno began to circle around his sword. He held it up in hopes of ending the battle, when suddenly, it all stopped.

"Trent! Wake UP!" a woman's voice screamed. Trent's eyes flung open as he felt two violent hands shaking his body. He screamed and flailed about in his bed until he noticed it was all a dream. He looked at the woman who was shaking him. It was his sister, Roxanne.

Roxanne was an attractive young woman, at the age of only twenty years. She had shoulder-length silver hair, and a smile that would brighten anyone's day. She wore a light blue tube-top with a short black skirt, and a pair of black leg warmers. A giant, black hammer (her weapon of choice) was strapped to her back. Her eyes burned into Trent's with a great anger.

"GOD DAMMIT, TRENT! WE'RE GONNA BE LATE!" she screamed. Trent looked to his alarm clock.

"Oh my god, the tournament!" Trent immediately jumped out of his bed and ran to his dresser.

"Trent, if we miss the ship, I'm gonna kick your *** so hard you'll wish you'd never been born!" Roxanne stomped out of the room and headed down the stairs.

It wasn't unlike Roxanne to behave this way. She had always been a little crazy. As long as Trent had known her, she was crazy. You really couldn't blame her. She had a tough life. Her mother died because of birth complications when she was born,. When she was just four, she found Trent, and her father immediately took him in. When she was ten, her father died of sickness. That left her to parent a six-year-old Trent at the age of only ten years. Luckily, though, her father's wealth and good fortune was able to help Roxanne and Trent live a somewhat-healthy life in their hometown of Raia-Shin.

Now, ten years later, Trent was sixteen, and aspiring to be a master of weapon arts. Fighting had always been a part of his life. Other kids in the village never seemed to like Trent, and therefore, he was prone to getting in fights.

Trent dug through his dresser for a certain pair of pants. He threw clothes all over the room until he finally found them. He slipped them on and looked at himself in the mirror.

"Damn, I'm hot." he told himself, winking at his reflection. Trent had medium-length, spiky, white hair and blue eyes. He threw on a gray tank top and a leather jacket and looked to his desk. There sat a picture of Trent's father. He picked it up, "Dad, today is the day my old life ends, and my new life begins. The day I become a real, live fighter. I'm going to make you proud, dad." He set the picture back down on his desk and headed down the stairs.

"Hurry your slow *** up, Trent. We're gonna be late!" Roxanne screamed from the front doorway. Trent grabbed his sword, strapped it to his back, and followed his sister out the door.

The village of Raia-Shin was quite populous. Villagers roamed the streets in pursuit of food items at markets. It wasn't exactly the richest of villages, but it did fine. Trent and Roxanne ignored all of this and made haste towards the port.

"Trent, the ship's leaving in like, two seconds. Hurry up!" Roxanne pestered.

"Well we wouldn't be running late if you had woken me up earlier!"

"Maybe you can wake up yourself, dumbass!"

"Shut up!"

"YOU shut up!" Roxanne screamed as she turned around and smashed Trent's face in. That was a sign that the argument was over. Trent mumbled as he got up. Without a word, Roxanne turned around and began running towards the ship. Trent immediately followed.

They came to a gate in front of the ship entrance. The last passengers were already making their way onto the ship. Roxanne handed the receptionist two tickets. He examined them, reached into the drawer of his desk, and pulled out a key. "You are room C-4. Here's your key."* Roxanne took the key and led her brother up the ramp to the ship with little time to spare. The ship began moving seconds after their boarding. Trent made a sigh of relief as they both panted, trying to catch their breath.

"That would have been a lot easier if you'd just gotten up." Roxanne scolded, folding her arms in front of her chest.

"Someone's on her period." Trent mumbled to himself.

"I HEARD THAT, YOU DICK!" she screamed as she whipped around and kicked Trent square in the groin. Trent collapsed to the floor of the ship. The pain caused a single tear to fall from his eye. Suddenly, a voice echoed out from a nearby speaker.

"ATTENTION ALL TOURNAMENT PARTICIPANTS. PLEASE REPORT TO THE BOW OF THE SHIP IMMIDIATELY. THAT IS ALL."

Trent got up and walked to the front of the ship with his sister. They arrived to see a giant assembly set up, with ten rows of velvet seats, all full of people. There was a big stage in front of the chairs with a small podium. They made their way down the aisle and sat down. A man in an expensive-looking tuxedo walked up to the podium and began speaking.

"Greetings, tournament participants, and welcome to the 3rd annual Takanawa Weapon Arts Tournament!" a round of applause was heard from the crowd. "Allow me to introduce myself. I am Doctor J. R. Baken, the CEO and judge of the tournament. But I'm sure you don't care about me, right?" A laugh echoed out from the audience.

"Man, this guy is cheesy." Trent whispered to Roxanne.

"Shut up, I'm trying to hear him!" she snapped back.

"Without further ado, here is the man himself, Mr. Takanawa!" a second round of applause was heard as an aging man made his way to the podium. He shook hands with Dr. Baken, and began to speak into the microphone.

"First of all I'd like to thank you all for coming here. It really is an honor to see so many great fighters together. This year, the tournament will be bigger and better than ever. As you may know, the tournament is set on Takanawa Island, about thirty miles east from here. Now, there are about 200 of you here right now, but guess what?" he paused. "Only sixteen of you will actually fight on the island." A round of gasps sounded off from the crowd.

"Why the crap does this guy have to act like he's some stupid reality show host?" Trent remarked.

"Yes, you heard me right. The preliminaries of the tournament will be fought right here on this very ship. When we finally reach the island, only sixteen of you will be left. You will meet up on the island with three other groups of sixteen, where the actual tournament will take place. That is, of course, if you can make it to the tournament. The preliminaries will begin tomorrow. Your tournament schedules are in your respective rooms. That's all I have to say. Let’s make this tournament a good one!" with that, Mr. Takanawa left the podium and exited the stage. All the passengers left for their rooms.
Edits in bold

*There needs to be a dialouge informer. One doesn't know who said that. If I were you, I'd rephrase it like : He examined them, reached into the drawer of his desk, pulled out a key and in a monotonous voice informed, "You are room C-4. Here's your key," and handed Roxanne the key.

Or something to that effect.

All fixed up. You may want to make this a bit longer, and use a spell check. Possibly you could use a word processing unit, (Such as Mircosoft Word) when writing this out.

Above all, nice story, and I can see it going some where. I cannot wait for the next post.

-O.G.

Last edited by a moderator:

jigglyskitt

SNEAK ATTACK
Thanks Erik. I'll edit it.

And just so everyone else knows, this was done in WordPad, so please excuse the spelling errors >_>

xXSaberXx

xxxXsightless
WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

This is turning out very interesting. A different world....A TOURNAMENT!

Reciepe for goodness. :p Also, I forsee some tension between Roxanne and Trent. D: Woots. That announcer guy's voice was very prominent in my head. HE WAS TOTALLY ANNOYING! :p

Good jobs so far. *thumbs up*

jigglyskitt

SNEAK ATTACK
Chapter #002/The Preliminary Scramble

Trent lay on his bed and stared at the ceiling. In just a few minutes, his first match would begin. 'If I can't make it past this, I won't make it past anything.' he thought to himself. He sat up in his bed and looked to the clock. 4:57 PM. His match was to start at 5:00. He got up and started for the door, but something caught his attention.

A small pamplet rested on his bedside table. He picked it up and read.

Weapon Arts

Weapon Arts are special techniques used to aid fighters in battle. To execute a weapon art, it is required for the user to have Oriji Spheres.

Creation of Oriji Spheres

Oriji Spheres were created about 4,000 years ago, during the feudal era. Many craved the power of the god Oriji. An evil man by the name of Razuka Genru got ahold of Oriji's power, and nearly destroyed the entire world. Oriji, however, sacrificed himself by splitting into millions of peices, known as Oriji spheres. Now, those with Oriji spheres can use Oriji's power to perform Weapon Arts.

Types of Oriji Spheres

There are many types of Oriji Spheres. Each type serves it's own purpose.

Power Spheres - The main type of spheres. Power Spheres are used to increase the overall power of a weapon, as well as in arts involving heavy strikes. They are white in color.

Fire Spheres - A type of Elemental Sphere. Fire Spheres are typically used in arts that involve creating infernos. They are red in color.

Water Spheres - An Elemental Sphere. Water Spheres can create tsunamis, resist strong currents, and have many other aquatic uses. They are blue in color.

Earth Spheres - An Elemental Sphere. Uses the power of Nature to attack the enemy. Green in color.

Wind Spheres - An Elemental Sphere. Can produce furious gusts of wind and electrical currents. Yellow in color.

Secret Spheres - The rarest type of sphere. Used to activate supernatural powers such as telportation, invisibility, or even healing. Black in color.

Activating Weapon Arts

Weapon Arts are activated in three steps:

1. Oriji Transfer - the fighter transfers his Oriji Energy into the spheres. This is done by focusing the energy of mind, body, and spirit, combining it, and then drawing it into the weapon.

2. Sphere Selection - The fighter selects the spheres he wants to use in the art. The selected Spheres then light up to confirm a successsful Oriji Transfer.

3. Art Activation - After Selecting the correct spheres, the fighter exclaims the name of the art he wants to use. If successful, the art activates and is completed.

Although this process seems long an drawn out, most arts are usually activated in a manner of seconds. Some however, might take a bit longer.

Learning New Arts

It is not easy to learn a new art. The fighter must first have all the required spheres. After that, the fighter must know the art's name. Finally, the fighter must know the proper way to use the art effectively. Simply activating the art is nothing, how you use it is more important. It may take as many as 100 tries to successfully learn a new art. But you must keep trying if you want to be a good fighter!

Trent glanced to his sword. It had only one sphere, a red one. A fire sphere. Due to this, Trent only knew one Art: Art of the Flare Blade. He made good use of it, however, so he was fine. He then realized how much time he had wasted.

"Oh, crap!" He exclaimed as he ran out the door to the stadium. Roxanne's match was more than likely over. He skidded around a corner and ran into Roxanne.

"Roxy! Did you win your match?" He asked.

"Duh. The guy was such a loser. I made him CRY!" she smiled at him.

"YES!" Trent smiled back.

"Well, you better get going. Your match starts about..."

"Will Trent Zarona and Iruga Momosenkei please report to the stadium? Last call for Trent Zarona."

"Now."

Without a word, Trent dashed off into the stadium. "I'm here!" He exclaimed as he took position on his side of the battlefield. The judge nodded at him.

"Trent Zarona versus Iruga Momosenkei. Fight!" The judge called out.

Trent eyed his opponent. She was a very small girl, looking to be only around eight years old. She had her pink hair tied back in a pony tail, and wore a red shirt with a pair of blue jeans. She didn't look very strong at all, other than the fact that she carried a long whip. From what Trent could see, it only had one sphere, a Power Sphere. Trent smirked with confidence. "This'll be easy." he whispered to himself.

"Don't be so sure about that." the girl snapped back.

'She heard me?' he thought to himself.

"You really shouldn't underestimate me. You'll wind up dead." An evil look played along her unfriendly features.

"Aren't you a little young to be talking about death?!" Trent gave her a weird look.

"Shut up, you dumbass." She snapped. She shot Trent an evil glare.

"Okay, now I'm scared." Trent said as he cautiously backed away from the girl. He looked to the ground and shook his head in spite. This girl was a weird opponent, but an opponent nonetheless. He had to fight her if he wanted to make it to the next round. He looked up, ready to begin the fight, only to find Igura was one step ahead of him.

"Art of the Binding Whip!" she yelled out as she thrust her weapon around Trent's neck. In seconds, Trent had been slammed to the ground and was now at Igura's mercy. She stared down at him. She raised a foot above his face. "This is what you get for being such a dumbass." She then proceeded to stomp on his face. He gripped his sword, trying to ignore the pain as her boot crashed against him. He tried to focus his energy as hard as he could, but it was proving to be difficult.

'C'mon, Trent. You know you can do this. Losing is not an option.' he thought to himself. He tried once more to focus his energy to his sword, when, to his delite, his sphere lit up.

Igura didn't seem to notice this, as she was having too much fun stomping Trent into the ground. "It hurts, doesn't it?" she asked, giggling. "To be beaten by such a little girl?" her giggle evolved into a manical laugh.

"I... wouldn't be... so sure." Trent uttered the words out painfully.

"Huh?" Igura looked down.

"Art of the Flare Blade!" Trent called out, slashing Iruga's foot and setting it aflame.

"OH MY GOD!" She screamed as she ran around, frantically trying to put the fire out. Trent got up and smiled. "OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD!" she screamed louder and louder until she managed to put the fire out.

The fire, however, was the least of her worries. Trent had directly connected to her foot, and it was bleeding furiously. She collapsed to the ground in pain as two paramedics rushed to her side.

"A little advice, Igura: Try to have less fun destroying people, and focus a little more on your defense." Trent winked at her.

"Trent Zarona wins!" The judge called out. The competitors in the audience cheered as Trent walked out of the stadium. He then returned to his room.

There's chapter 2 for ya. If you thought this was a good fight, you don't know the half of it. =P

Last edited:

xXSaberXx

xxxXsightless
D: A little short, but most of it was for explaining. Kinda sounds like Final Fantasy! But very different. I am intrigued by the sphere's and their powers. Perhaps you'll explain later? ^^

A little more character interaction could have been done, and the fight felt a little short. xP Character thoughts are you friend. Good chap though. ^^ Keep it up.