• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Orthodox Church of Pokemon (OU)

ungulateman

Miltank Man!
It's a pun on 'orthodox', as it has both religious and creative contexts. It's too confusing to get without explaining it, thus ruining the joke. Thinking of good titles isn't easy.

---------------

149.png

Puff (Dragonite) (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Spd / 252 SAtk
Quiet Nature (+SAtk, -Spd)
- Draco Meteor
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast
- ExtremeSpeed

Standard lead Dragonite. I'm never going to shut up about the fact that I helped make this set. LO is needed for several 2HKOs and OHKOs; DM wrecks bulky leads like Swampert or Hippowdon, EQ and FB get perfect coverage for things like Heatran and Metagross, and E-speed picks off sashed Pokemon and can be used to revenge kill. Inner Focus lets me beat Fake Out leads and Jirachi which lack Ice Punch.

437.png

St. Clemens (Bronzong) @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 84 Atk / 80 Def / 92 SDef
Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Stealth Rock
- Gyro Ball
- Payback
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Fairly regular tank Bronzong. SR is obvious, seeing as I don't have it on my lead; Gyro Ball is immensely strong thanks to the Sassy nature and ridiculously low Speed. Payback is useful for Ghost- and Psychic-types. HP [Ice] kills Salamence with SR support or prior damage.

134.png

Wet Cat (Vaporeon) (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Water Absorb
EVs: 208 HP / 252 Def / 48 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Wish
- Protect
- Surf
- Hidden Power [Electric]

My team greatly appreciates Vappy's Wish Support, and it also functions as a Gyarados and Heatran counter. 48 Speed EVs outspeed standard Magnezone.

251.png

Onion Knight (Celebi) @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 220 Def / 36 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Thunder Wave
- Grass Knot
- Recover
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Celebi is a useful supporter and can paralyse crucial Pokemon with Thunder Wave, allowing Rhyperior an easier sweep and helping Vaporeon out. HP [Fire] kills Scizor and Forretress.

392.png

Hotheaded (Infernape) (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Blaze
EVs: 252 Atk / 192 Spd / 64 SAtk
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Overheat
- Close Combat
- U-turn
- Stone Edge

This Infernape set is very dangerous, packing a very nasty Overheat, Stone Edge which can OHKO Gyarados with SR support; and U-Turn, which devastates Starmie and other Psychic-types, as well as letting me scout.

464.png

Panzer (Rhyperior) (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Solid Rock
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 SDef
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Rock Polish
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Megahorn

Rhyperior is incredibly fast with a RP boost up, beating out a huge portion of the metagame, especially after Celebi has paralysed key enemies such as Scarfers. Megahorn brutalises Celebi and other Grass-types, and QuakEdge murders nearly everything else. Bar a well concealed bulky Water, not much is stopping this.

---------------

Not much to say, really - rate my team.

Simse

This is a good team, yet it hasn't been rated yet?
Stupid.
I'll happily rate it.

The first thing I see here is the MixApe and MixMence weakness.

The only thing that has a chance at defeating Infernape is Vaporeon. And she doesn't enjoy Close Combat. MixMence doesn't have such an easy time, but still can annoy this team a lot.

I would suggest changing Infernape to a Scarf Starmie. I'm not sure how it would affect the Synergy of this team, but it would deal with Infernape and Salamance. And you're also lacking a Special Sweeper.

On Dragonite, Superpower > Earthquake. All lead Heatran carry Shuca Berry. So Earthquake would be 2HKO, but by then, Heatran will of set up rocks and Exploded taking you both to hell. Superpower will OHKO Heatran, and Fire Blast will take care of Metagross and most of the other Steel Types.

On Bronzong I suggest removing Payback, although it hits Ghost types, it won't do much. The Walls will just burn you, making Payback weaker. Gengar is only thing you're doing damage too, and it's still a 2HKO, and Gyro Ball will also 2HKO Gengar. Use Explosion over Payback, it'll get you some happy KO's.

Apart from that, I like this team. Nice to see Rhyperior being used in OU.
Good luck.

Last edited:

munchlaxboy

Catching up on XY
I have to get off soon, but I will say one thing your team lacks: Speed.

Infernape doesn't have max Speed, and your Rhyperior takes a turn to set up.

Choice Scarfers can tear through this team. I suggest you get a Choice Scarfer, as well.

ungulateman

Miltank Man!
munchlaxboy, lrn2rate. First, Infernape doesn't need max Speed. Celebi can paralyse faster Pokemon, and Rhyperior can get free turns on nearly every physical Pokemon that lacks an SE move, and even some which do.

Simse, thanks for the advice. I've found that this team is actually pretty bad in practice, so I'll just make another team. It's weird because it looks, on the surface, to have a lot of synergy. >_>

Mail Time

Banned
Hi. I would honestly run Lum Berry on Dragonite as you do not want to be put at an immediate disadvantage vs Roserade and co as Toxic Spikes are quite a hindrance to your team. Superpower is probably the better option >> Quake as after your opponent sees no Life Orb, they will switch to Blissey as it can take Lum Quakes. You should be Fire Blasting Metagross and Jirachi and Superpower hits ShucaTran harder. Superpower OHKOes Tyranitar leads that get cocky and stay in looking to Stone Edge as well. On Bronzong run 252 HP / 36 Atk / 220 SpDef and a Sassy nature. The given EVs allow Bronzong to comfortably OHKO Gengar after Stealth Rock and Life Orb damage as well as KOing ScarfTar if it has switched into Stealth Rock twice. The Special Defense allows Bronzong to never be KOed by a combination of Brick Break + Fire Blast from Naive Mence, and makes sure Life Orb Starmie never 2HKOes with Hydro Pump. Mence is pretty much gone as the Council verdict has been leaked but the other EVs are still fairly useful. On Vaporeon I am not too sure why you would EV to outrun standard Magnezone, but I will just ignore it. Converting Celebi to a more offensive spread and giving it 184 Spe Timid is probably a good idea as at the moment Crunch Lucario runs through your team comfortably if Nite is low on health. Split the EVs between bulk and SpAtk as you see fit although I suggest running Life Orb so you can always OHKO Lucario. Just bump Infernape's speed up 2 or 3 points so you can Close Combat slower Apes and get the bump on people who randomly aim to outspeed it. Not a fan of Rhyperior, but its whatever.

Other than that it looks ok.