• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

OS Ash vs BW Ash Who's The Better Trainer

Who's The Better Trainer?

• Total voters

Genaller

Silver Soul
If we’re counting Johto League Ash then OS otherwise BW.

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
Adding in Johto clearly gives the advantage to OS Ash. He was a pretty good trainer towards the end of Johto, and he finally beat his longtime rival Gary, and gave Harrison an incredibly close fight.

Janovy

Banned
Obviously BW Ash dominates over OS Ash.

In what way is BW Ash better OS Ash?

He isn't going to respond almost guarantee, and if he does he'll probably say some BS

Anyway, OS cause at the end of Johto, Ash was a pretty good trainer and didn't make as many mistakes as he did in the early OS or BW

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
Depends on how much of a factor Infernape, Sceptile and Charicific Valley completed Charizard (also Tobias Pikachu) are for BW Ash, at least in a straight fight between the two.

As for overall, undecided.

Genaller

Silver Soul
To be fair to BW Ash despite all his faults he did have some decent showings (e.g. vs Brycen and vs Stephan UL) which I think are good enough to warrant BW Ash > Kanto Ash considering Kanto Ash didn’t even earn more than half his badges. I’d definitely say Johto Ash (particularly late Johto) > BW Ash though what would all your opinions be on BW Ash vs OI Ash (until vs Drake) cuz I’m not sure about that one?

Depends on how much of a factor Infernape, Sceptile and Charicific Valley completed Charizard (also Tobias Pikachu) are for BW Ash, at least in a straight fight between the two.

As for overall, undecided.

I think the poll is about quality of trainer skill and not available resources since otherwise XY Ash would beat DP Ash by default in the other thread since GPICSS > (B/H/S)PICSS.

Last edited:

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
Adding Johto into it makes it a bit unfair like others mention. However, if we're just talking OS Ash (Kanto and OI) and BW Ash (Unova and DI) then that's a fairer comparison. But I do believe the outcome is still the same, Ash was better in OI than he was in DI, and his team was also better.

Oshawott and Snivy don't seem all that strong, whereas Bulbasaur and Squirtle were vital members of the team. I think where BW Ash would pull it back is with Krookodile, but still, OS Ash had both Lapras and Snorlax. BW Ash's Charizard was also stronger than OS Charizard thanks to its training, but I don't think that would be enough to carry the team. So I think OS Ash is a better trainer.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Hmm, difficult to say, both were a disgraceful version of Ash's character. BW disappointed me more since it was a serious regression in Ash's character.

Skill wise, maybe BW Ash has the edge because BW Ash earned more badges by himself that OS Ash.

Genaller

Silver Soul
Hmm, difficult to say, both were a disgraceful version of Ash's character. BW disappointed me more since it was a serious regression in Ash's character.

Skill wise, maybe BW Ash has the edge because BW Ash earned more badges by himself that OS Ash.

I was actually fine with OS Ash’s character since that was him just starting out and if he didn’t start out like that then he really would be a stu. You do realize that Johto counts right (where Ash earned his badges fairly not to mention overcoming Gary in the JL)?

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
I was actually fine with OS Ash’s character since that was him just starting out and if he didn’t start out like that then he really would be a stu. You do realize that Johto counts right (where Ash earned his badges fairly not to mention overcoming Gary in the JL)?

I agree. Ash was a rookie then so it was natural. But BW lacks any justification.

Hmm, I didn't realise that Johto countsz so I voted for BW. :(

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
I don't know what Ash for him to fight with. :p

SM Ash because it's the only one left over?

Actually don't because of possible spoilers and it's unfinished