1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Osama bin Laden is dead (the Mission Accomplished Thread)

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Discussion' started by Krake, May 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Laser Shuckle

Laser Shuckle Well-Known Member

intent and actually doing something with it are two completely different things.

I could be intent on killing everyone on the planet and not do it but by your logic I would be worse than hitler or Osama.

2. Somorio

Somorio Waiting for a hound.

...Rebeca Black?

3. SilentMemento

SilentMemento Lone Wolf

Osama actually planned out the deaths of millions of people and tried to slaughter all of the "infidels" using his financial resources. That's the difference between him and the person in the psychiatric ward who only dreams of doing something like that.

4. JoshYEAH

JoshYEAH ???

Amount of people that are actually sympathising with terrorists is hilarious.

5. Noheart

Noheart The Abysswalker

wish he had a grave I could piss on.

Still, Osama's death isn't the end of all things bad, like the 'tards on my Facebook think it is. I can feel a WW3 coming, so celebrate while you can, I guess.

6. POKEMONISDUMB!!!!!!!!!!!!

POKEMONISDUMB!!!!!!!!!!!! Well-Known Member

It's about time this happened. Maybe we could finally have peace.

7. ZeroKyurem

ZeroKyurem Final Smash User

Oh boy....2 world wars were enoguh. But THREE would probably destroy the world/all of humanity. Because of the technology we have nowadays.

8. Noheart

Noheart The Abysswalker

Not to sound like some doom proclaiming hobo with a cardboard sign or anything, but it's almost inevitable with the way the world is going right now. North Korea, China, world on terror, the U.S. economy, international tension, the natural disasters, everything is basically going to ****.

Sound like a real debbie downer, I know, but it's true.

9. Eon Master

Eon Master Born from the Flames

The thing people are missing is that Al-Zawahiri, Bin Laden's second-in-command, is just as dangerous if not moreso because he's less fanatical and more practical. He's the one who actually planned the 9-11 Attacks (Bin Laden came up with the idea, Zawahiri made it work), and he's still out there.

If anything, Bin Laden's death has only stopped Al-Qaida for a short period of time. However, it's also given them a martyr to rally around and a more practical leader. True, Zawahiri isn't as popular with the terrorists as Bin Laden was, but he's much more dangerous and conniving.

The worst part is, the U.S. is going to get caught with its pants down when he does actually do something because we all think Osama was the big threat, and he really was just the symbolic leader. Zawahiri has us right where he wants us... and in fact, I wouldn't be surprised if the bastard planned it this way. He's good. Not saying I like him, but you have to admire the way he plans if nothing else.

10. kaiser soze

kaiser soze Reading ADWD

when it comes to saddam hussein, he needed to be removed from power, but it should have been done back during the original gulf war when there was arab support for it and we were already there. while he was still a threat, waiting to dp it just screwed it up

11. Chris-kun

Chris-kun i still believe

I understand that most of the people on this site, based on Pokemon age demographic, are too young to remember the attack on 9/11, or perhaps are too young to remember the world before 9/11 and how 9/11 changed it. Or maybe you're European, or from somewhere else in the world and don't understand the magnitude of that day for the American people. But for those of us who do remember and understand the sheer panic that someone could attack us, a cold blooded assault on our shores. Something that had not happened since Pearl Harbor if I'm not mistaken. I for one will never forget seeing the plane hit the towers.

It's a huge deal that the man who's responsible for this is gone. Telling people they're wrong for celebrating the man who has single handedly put fear in the American people, who killed 3000 innocent people by bring a building down on them. Honestly, get off your moral high horse. Justice was served, that's all their is too it. I for one am not sorry to hear we killed him, I'm pleased that my tax dollars don't have to go to holding him in some prison somewhere, where he'll get better treatment than some of our free citizens mind you, while we wait forever for him to get a trial.

12. pokefantravis

pokefantravis The Poke-Pimp

In before 2012 debate...

13. Alleviate

Alleviate Banned

We've had nuclear holocaust tensions since the 50's.

14. Laser Shuckle

Laser Shuckle Well-Known Member

your post implies that you know more about this than the US government...

as mentioned before:

[​IMG]

15. Lbsweet96

Lbsweet96 &#32

Well, there are three options here:

I take it that you gathered this information from some public source, correct? And I can assure you, if CNN knows, the government knows.

I take it that if you did not get this from a news source, you are a government insider, correct? And if some government insider knows this, of course the government knows. Are you even at liberty to be releasing this information?

I take it that if you did not get this from a news source and are not a government insider, you are a terrorist, correct? I will be alerting authorities shortly.

Regardless, the important people know and are probably not sitting on their asses. Whether everyone in the public knows is unimportant.

Last edited: May 3, 2011
  16. rykerr1

rykerr1 The Great Gublet

I'm glad that he's finally dead, but anyone who thinks that terrorism is suddenly gonna go away is delusional =/

17. Mr. Joker

Mr. Joker keep calm & carry on

brb loling my ass off

18. SteelMetagross

SteelMetagross Certified Trainer

you took the words right out of my mouth.

Last edited: May 3, 2011
  19. Blue Harvest

Blue Harvest Banned

I like you.

20. chuboy

chuboy <- It was THIS big!

"I mourn the loss of thousands of precious lives, but I will not rejoice in the death of one, not even an enemy. Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that"
    — Martin Luther King Jr.​

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.