1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Osama bin Laden is dead (the Mission Accomplished Thread)

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Discussion' started by Krake, May 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ethan

Ethan Banned

There's absolutely nothing wrong with rejoicing in his death. It's sort of cute to take warm and fuzzy comments from figures of the past, but in reality it doesn't mean anything. Espousing statements like this and others only paints a portrait of false moral idealism that doesn't exist. His death represented justice for thousands of people. The man is responsible for why NATO occupies the bulk of the MiddleEast. It's not just the death of a man, no one celebrates the death of an average Joe, clearly. Unless they're sadists. We celebrate it because it marked the end of a ten year journey to thousands of people to receive closure. If the death of one man, and the death of all the evil that was inside of him isn't anything to be happy about, then what exactly do you think we should be happy about? None of this stupid judgmental nonsense would be happening if we caught him alive, yet because he's dead, we can't be happy? Would you have been disappointed upon news of Hitlers death? If you don't want to be happy about it, then fine. Don't. But your statements are applying your own personal morality to everyone, and I'm not cool with that. If I want to have a beer, scream U.S.A., U.S.A., because a mass murderer finally got what he had it coming to him, I will. And I shouldn't have to receive self righteous judgment from the likes of anyone either. Which is exactly what this is.

Further more, I feel great whenever I rip out someones spine in Mortal Kombat. I guess this makes me a terrible person.

2. teamxos

teamxos Banned

3. Laser Shuckle

Laser Shuckle Well-Known Member

One thing I think we can all agree on;

Osama would have no problem celebrating the passing of someone over here in the states...

4. Noheart

Noheart The Abysswalker

Also, another thing to add - Osama wasn't the mastermind of 9/11 and was never charged as such. I was watching the news earlier and was surprised Osama was being called "the mastermind of 9/11". He wasn't even indicted for that crime, only the bombing of some embassies.

Also, from what I hear (from a close friend of mine, actually) - islamic law does not require the bodies of the deceased to be sent into the Sea. So having Osama's 'body' being dropped into sea without any photographic evidence to the public of his demise... Makes me suspicious. You know what the excuse for putting his body into an ocean is? No country would accept his body, lmao.

Really fishy stuff... I think this is either something way bigger than what it looks like, or is just a scam to get Obama votes for next year's election.

Just my two cents.

Last edited: May 3, 2011
  5. Laser Shuckle

I'm actually surprised nobody has brought that up.

personally I think It's legit, If its a scam it's a pretty damn massive one that was well executed.

6. poizonsting

poizonsting Pokemon master

Anyone knows that the US presidential election is coming up? I think this is all bluff from political perspective. With all the high-tech equipments and with a military force that is envied by the rest of the world, if they wanted Laden dead, they could have done so 10 years back right after 9/11. You guys are educated aren't you? How hard was it for them to track him down in a desert riding on a camel? Overall, Laden is nothing but a made up figure for US political and economic gain.

If he's really dead, I won't believe a single word unless I see sufficient proofs of his DNA test result.

7. Noheart

Noheart The Abysswalker

wouldn't doubt the U.S. government to be capable of that

8. Mandi.

Mandi. 3:

Hello raped facebook and twitter.

9. Exodd

Exodd Well-Known Member

I read an article that reported that Islamic scholars said that burying the body at sea was actually an insult to Islamic traditions and is usually only applicable for someone that died at sea. They also suggested that the U.S. performed the burial that way to purposely insult the terrorist groups. The reported reasons for the burial were that no country would accept the body and that the grave site might have been occupied by militants.

10. KrayzieBuddha

KrayzieBuddha 英雄豪傑

lol Thats what my brother told me.

11. Laser Shuckle

I suppose you think that 9/11 was a hoax, Oswald wasnt a lone gunmen, aliens built the pyramids, the list goes on.

if alot of times things seem too good to be true, there's a good possibility they actually are true...

12. RedJirachi

RedJirachi Veteran member

Feh,it won't do anything.Osama's been in a hole for years,and even without him Al Qaeda's craziness will still remain.Besides,what has he really done that made him the enormous threat he claims to be.Compared to the Cold War,the two World Wars,the billions of gallons of blood that the callous,narcisstic and uncaring despots that have ruled mankind for most of existence over the millenia...he's just a small fry

13. Blue Harvest

Blue Harvest Banned

If Osama's death was really a hoax, don't you people think OSAMA HIMSELF would make a video pointing out he is alive and well for the sole reason of humiliating America. There is zero evidence pointing to this being faked in any way.

14. Noheart

Noheart The Abysswalker

Unless he wants people to think he's dead, and went along with it just fine if it made it easier to live without worrying about being hunted down a tad bit less.

I'm just sayin, people shouldn't believe everything we hear, form your own opinions guyz. Not everything is what it seems.

15. Blue Harvest

Blue Harvest Banned

Thats not proof, thats just you saying what you think might be true, and by that logic everyone else is wrong.

Also Al-Qaeda members have confirmed his death. No one is pretending this didn't happen, stop trying to make up your own stories when the facts are right there.

16. Laser Shuckle

well obviously you shouldnt trust what al queada says...

the thing is we have no images verifying he was killed, for this big of an event there needs to be definitive proof to shut the naysayers up just like with bigfoot, etc.

17. Blue Harvest

Blue Harvest Banned

I doubt even released images would shut up conspiracy theorists. I could fake some bullet riddled pictures of Osama myself.

18. Ememew

Ememew Emerald Mew

Yes, because showing off pictures of this dead body like trophies would be very tasteful and wouldn't be likely to put America in a bad light at all . . .

19. Noheart

Noheart The Abysswalker

I'm well aware it's not proof. Just because it isn't doesn't make it untrue, same for the other side of the fence. People just need to open their minds and stop living like blind sheep.

The 'facts' given to you by mainstream corrupted news stations/websites (that are most of the time wrong anyway), right?

Also, way to go taking Al-Qaeda's word for it.

20. Blue Harvest

Blue Harvest Banned

The thing is, there is absolutely zero evidence that this was faked. Al-Qaeda would JUMP at the chance to expose the American government as liars and humiliate our special forces but.. hmm.. they haven't done so yet. Could this mean HES REALLY DEAD!?

And no, they aren't going to "live in peace" if we think Osama is dead. They know that we will continue hunting until every last Islamic extremist is either dead, captured or revoked their murdering ways.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.