1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Osama bin Laden is dead (the Mission Accomplished Thread)

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Discussion' started by Krake, May 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lbsweet96

Lbsweet96 &#32

Guys, faking the death of the leader of a major organization to gain votes is probably the worst strategy I've ever heard. Like Blue Harvest said, there would be nothing stopping Osama from just making a surprise appearance and absolutely destroying not only Obama's campaign, but any trust people have in the government. Not to mention that when he would be inevitably found, said trust would be destroyed. Seriously, guys. I know that logic is in you somewhere.

lmao

By George, I think he's got it! Osama and Obama are in cahoots! IT ALL MAKES SENSE NOW.

2. 11DBHK

11DBHK Banned

i was just watching the news today and some guy that evidently lived close to where the raid and was tweeting about the whole thing as it went down. the twitter was reallyvirtual, i think.

3. TeddiUrsa

TeddiUrsa Well-Known Member

This. I also don't get the happyness of everybody else. Terrorism isn't going to stop,Al Qaida won't stop existing, they probably want to take revenge instead.
    Many experts say that Bin Laden wasn't as important to the network as he was ten years ago anyway.

I find it kind of funny when people say stuff like: "there isn't a ground zero to me anymore! yay!!!" ( seen on the news from a person at ground zero) which seems kinda disrespectful to the victims to me.
    Or how 4 year olds are carrying banners with "YEAH! BIN LADEN IS DEAD!"...

Last edited: May 3, 2011
  4. cantab

cantab Well-Known Member

The British government felt the need to at best knowingly overstate the case for war and claim shaky intelligence as cast iron, at worst lie through its teeth to the British public. The American government made many of the same claims.

Oh, and "no country would accept the body" - the USA could have bloody took it. They killed Osama, they had the body, they could do what they liked.

Exactly. See my conspiracy theory a few pages ago ;-)

5. Seem

Seem Hollen i ven.

Give it a rest, America aren't that stupid to think terrorism will stop because they got one guy who was the face of terror, they never said that.

It's a victory for them, I'm just happy they can celebrate because of the relatives of victims who died on 9/11 in hope they get a little closure.

I wouldn't base all your facts on what 'experts' say either, haha.

6. Exodd

Exodd Well-Known Member

They apparently liked the idea of quickly throwing the body into the sea. Supporters would likely still be angry even if they did perform a more traditional burial.

7. Marbi Z

Marbi Z Cin-Der-Race!

Obama actually having the balls to authorize a tactical assault is like me using LEGENDARIES I guess if you absoulutly have to you'll do it! Even if it goes against your values.

8. Lazorchu!!

Lazorchu!! Hellooooo~

As soon as I learned that he was shot in the head, one thing went through my head; Did the guy who shot hime get bonus points?

9. olbeefy

olbeefy Banned

they threw the body into the sea to prevent the site of his body becoming a shrine

10. chuboy

chuboy <- It was THIS big!

I'm guessing this was largely directed at my post so I will respond...

I'm not saying you can't be happy he's dead. I am happy about it - he was an evil man. But partying into the night chanting 'USA'? In the name of 'closure to mourning families'? I call bullshit.

For each person that died as a result of the 9/11 terror attacks, over a million dollars of 'your' taxpayer money was spent on the Afghan War. An entire region destabilised, tens of thousands of fatalities (and not just Americans, people), soldiers forced from their families for years. And after nearly a decade of war, they manage to find and shoot Osama, and people are literally dancing in the streets?

I hate to be a buzzkill but I really don't see what there is to celebrate. Raise your glass at dinner, by all means, but the flag-waving hardcore USA-fanboys are truly a ludicrous sight to behold. It really is a bit much.

11. Grassette

Grassette Treehugger

Everyone thinks this is a great relief, but just think of the impact. Please, it's very unlikely all the terrorists are going to say 'Oh ok, our leader is dead. Lets all go home and live life happily without killing anyone'. They want revenge, and knowing them, they will definitely try to get it, by taking more lives.

12. TheAwesomeOne

TheAwesomeOne Well-Known Member

Bin-laden is a p****.
    When they found him, he got his wife infront of him to protect him.
    They shot her, the 2 kids, and Laden twice in the head.

13. Marbi Z

Marbi Z Cin-Der-Race!

I resent being called a USA fanboy but nonetheless if your country gets attacked like we did on 9/11 will your country cry for war or just.... negotiate?

14. chuboy

chuboy <- It was THIS big!

Irrelevant. The war in Afghanistan, let alone the 'war on terror', is far from over. Communities are still dislocated, families are still mourning, and taxpayer money is still haemorrhaging. I'll also point out that al Qaeda had already declared war on the USA five years prior to the 9/11 attacks actually occurring. So to 'cry war' in your case would be a little silly to say the least...

I will say again that while we should certainly be pleased that Osama is gone, there is no apparent reason to carry on the way some Americans are choosing to. Perhaps it is the TV cameras, I don't know.

15. GaZsTiC

GaZsTiC Alternating

Where did you hear this?

16. TheAwesomeOne

TheAwesomeOne Well-Known Member

I dunno, my bro(who is a computer addict) heard it, and he told me.
    At the end of the day, he was scared, the man that blew up America, Madrid and London, was scared of his life. So ironic when you look at it.

17. meteor64

meteor64 Show Me Ya Noobs

Osama did an excellent job of trolling the world for 10 years. If he hadn't had wanted my death, I'd salute him.

As it is, I'll just give him an A for effort, but E for being a good guy.

18. Mister_SGG

Mister_SGG Well-Known Member

Your source?

19. Jhonny

Jhonny Officially The Worst

I disagree with the notion that objecting to Americans' celebrating is just because we're idealising how the world works. People were celebrating death, and that's not gonna keep me up at night but it's not really logical. You could celebrate being safe now as a consequence of his death or something like that but it's not even the case.

Just to be an ass licker though, not all Americans are celebrating in the flag waving way anyway.

20. Exodd

Exodd Well-Known Member

"Three other men and a woman lay dead after the raid, but no Americans were killed. Bin Laden's wife, originally thought killed, was only wounded. The woman killed in the raid was not used as a human shield by the al Qaeda leader before his death, a U.S. official said, correcting an earlier description."
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/42856737

If people weren't celebrating and instead were being cautious and sugarcoating the news, would that not be somewhat exhibiting fear and playing into what terrorists are seeking?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.