1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Osama bin Laden is dead (the Mission Accomplished Thread)

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Discussion' started by Krake, May 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dr. Leggs

Dr. Leggs Astral Cowboy

You aren't understanding the difference between a semantical mistake and a telling of something that is outright untrue.

I started this discussion because I was reacting to all the people saying that they think the government is hiding something or things that are very crucial to the whole event and advertising what happened in a false manner; they didn't give him a full-blown Islamic burial for painstakingly obvious reasons but they did what they could to incorporate Islamic burial customs into Osama's, and some Muslims are upset by this.

We were not lied to.

Last edited: May 3, 2011
  2. Noheart

Noheart The Abysswalker

Semantical mistake? Is the U.S. government really that stupid to put "Osama buried accordingly to Islamic customs" out into the media before knowing what a true Islamic burial is? Would they really risk angering more extremists right after killing their leader?

Either the government is infact that stupid, or we were. The media lies to the public all the time.

3. BigLutz

BigLutz Banned

Which is why Bin Laden relied on the 10th Century form of communication known as couriers.

So let me get this straight. George Bush gave up the chance to kill Bin Laden, even though it would have significantly helped his Presidency, especially in 2006. So that Barack Obama, a member of the opposite party, could kill him and claim the spot light? Is that HONESTLY what you are saying?

How about hiding in a house in a different country that will not cooperate with us?

I am sure you can petition it, but even al Qaeda has reacted to this. Let me ask you, if he wasn't dead, wouldnt Bin Laden have come out now just to embarass the United States?

4. facetious

facetious machtverfilzung

Killing him is going to do about as much for stopping terrorism as killing Ronald McDonald would for shutting down McDonalds.

5. Dr. Leggs

Dr. Leggs Astral Cowboy

Among the number of things that are going to anger more extremists right now, I really doubt mislabeling (which is a generous term to use) the exact style of burial he was given is very significant. If that's honestly your argument, I don't know what to say.

The media does lie often. But one should not use this relatively insignificant piece of information to justify the HURRR COVER-UP argument.

Last edited: May 3, 2011
  6. Noheart

Noheart The Abysswalker

The facts are all right there, man. Most muslims now think it was done on purpose as an insult to the faith, despite not knowing it being true or not.

I guess we both use different definitions of insignificant, then. I'm willing to agree to disagree, but all possibilities should not go unchecked without solid evidence is what I'm trying to say. As you've just admitted, the media lies a lot, is there any reason why they can't lie right now?

7. Dr. Leggs

Dr. Leggs Astral Cowboy

It's certainly a possibility; with these kinds of things almost anything is. But I'm trying to look at what's probable.

And yes, obviously that comment was rebuked by Muslims. But all I'm saying is that the statement that it was an Islamic burial has come from an unnamed senior official who may or may not know much about Islam, much less its burial traditions. The media laps this up and sends it back out because it's an interesting factoid. I guess I just don't see any fibbing in here but I get what you're saying in a way.

Agree to disagree, then.

8. Mandi.

Mandi. 3:

If Bin Laden had of spent more time playing COD he would of realized camping can only last for so long.

You attempted very well though OsamaMama

9. CptDrDigi

CptDrDigi Chickity China

Oh shoot, who is going to be president of the United States now?

(I joke)

10. Skiks

Skiks MUCH RESPECT

11. Shuam

Shuam righteous

12. Vernikova

Vernikova Champion

Yay we killed him. Woo. Time for the next big terrorist to rear their head out. Maybe with a funnier name?

13. noobers

noobers ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

14. legendarypokemonmaster

legendarypokemonmaster Well-Known Member

We may have won the battle, but the war has just begun.

15. Nny

Nny Yeah, about that...

Pfft. President Bush didn't catch Osama because he wasn't "that concerned about him." Unfortunately Osama death is nothing compared to the fact that Al Qeada only lost two or three men that night. Trying to fake his death really doesn't do much but give Americans some closure at a price. Don't be surprised if terrorists tried to retaliate within the next six months.

If anything, Obama's idea of obtaining bin Laden's DNA may have been politically motivated. Obama's men just wanted to bomb the building, vaporizing any chance of identifying the man. Obama did something completely risky that could have resulted in the deaths of the Navy SEALs. No one was even 100% sure that it was bin Laden inside that building. So much could have gone wrong but Obama felt compelled to obtain DNA to prove to the world it was Osama.

There are reasons why the military did not kill Osama back in August. You know how INSANE it would be if our government killed civilians that lived in a country we aren't allowed in? If Bush knew where the man was, he would have done it. His legacy was going down in flames and killing Osama would have made him the hero he was in 2001.

16. Typhlosionvsworld

Typhlosionvsworld Y u mad bro?

Seriously, Obama is afraid about how much people hate him. But I am not so sure that they would've killed him in August without Obama. We had our own problems back home (and we still do)

17. Metagross Guy

Metagross Guy ᴸ м f ᴬ σ.

The guy who shot him must be a master at Call of Duty...oh and now rich.

18. Alleviate

Alleviate Banned

Not rich. Plus, they probably don't know who shot him. Plus they won't release his name or he'll be dead.

19. Metagross Guy

Metagross Guy ᴸ м f ᴬ σ.

Its easy calculation...who ever was in the room will know (the squad sent out) Bin Laden had a bounty of 25 Million on his head i believe so yeah alot of freaking money and no they wont but he still gets rich and he still rocks at C.O.D

20. Typhlosionvsworld

Typhlosionvsworld Y u mad bro?

The guy who shot him knows who he is. We do know that he is a Navy SEAL.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.