• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Osama bin Laden is dead (the Mission Accomplished Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rave

Banned
I'm honestly wondering if this death is one of those things that will begin some sort of uprising from the lower ranks and we start seeing some sort of like martyrdom shit go down.

Metagross Guy

ᴸ м f ᴬ σ.
Not necessarily. It was a firefight, and multiple people could have had the bead on his head or it could have been an accidental hit.

Everyone there splits the money.

Skydra

Everyone there splits the money.

I sincerely doubt that. A soldier does not get payed for what they do during a war, the get paid for fighting in the war.

Palkia98

they will probably not release his name to the public, Osamas followers would be hunting foir him if that happened

Metagross Guy

ᴸ м f ᴬ σ.
Omg.ok look, there was a bounty on Osama's head so since everyone is saying its impossible to find out who killed him, everyone who was there should get a split of how much ever million the reward was..

LudicoloGuy

ludiludiludiludiludi

cantab

I sincerely doubt that. A soldier does not get payed for what they do during a war, the get paid for fighting in the war.
This. The bounty was for information about bin Laden, not for his death or capture specifically. If the Americans are being honest when they say the info that lead to bin Laden came from prisoners, said prisoners sure as hell aren't getting a cent. If there was key intel from a third party, said third party may indeed get the reward money. It'll be kept quiet obviously though.

BigLutz

Banned
This. The bounty was for information about bin Laden, not for his death or capture specifically. If the Americans are being honest when they say the info that lead to bin Laden came from prisoners, said prisoners sure as hell aren't getting a cent. If there was key intel from a third party, said third party may indeed get the reward money. It'll be kept quiet obviously though.

The information that started it all did come from a prisoner after intense interrogation to break him. As such he doesn't deserve one cent as he did not come forward willingly with the information, it had to be ripped from him.

Typhlosionvsworld

Y u mad bro?

I think the person next in line to lead Al Qaeda tipped of the authorities to bumb off Bin Laden.

Pansy :]

anustart
Look, if we didn't kill the guy, and brought him here to the states for a trial, there WOULD be a rescue mission from other terrorists. They would want they're leader back and would go to extreme means to save him from some prison cell.
Now their gonna want revenge. It's gonna happen sometime soon, now ain't that a scary thought. I can perfectly vision a world war 3 happening in the near future.

YoshiPikachu

Kabokas rule!
Look, if we didn't kill the guy, and brought him here to the states for a trial, there WOULD be a rescue mission from other terrorists. They would want they're leader back and would go to extreme means to save him from some prison cell.
Now their gonna want revenge. It's gonna happen sometime soon, now ain't that a scary thought. I can perfectly vision a world war 3 happening in the near future.

I sure hope not.

CSolarstorm

New spicy version
Someone who lived by murder, dies by murder...that's how it goes.

That's why I don't celebrate his death. I'm not satisfied with being morally superior because I'm not a terrorist; I want nothing to do with the death...at all. My religion tells me to bless the dead to purify their soul. I don't believe death can provide closure. I agree with Charmander 4's posts, which I deliberately sought out after I saw he was banned...except I don't want to tell anyone how to feel.

I understand everyone's sentiments and I'm grateful to see a fraction of success from this long war. I doubt our enemies care Bin Laden as much as America does. I think my nation (among others) has turned him into an icon, an Orwellian tool to invoke reaction and emotion. That doesn't mean he's not real, but he's packaged as something mystical and black and white.

Finally, I really am part of the generation that experienced 9/11. I was thirteen. I couldn't stomach the fact that Bin Laden had attacked us. I was devastated to see my president rolling out tanks. I couldn't forgive either of them. I struggled with my patriotism because I was a pacifist.

My two cents.

Status
Not open for further replies.