• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Osama bin Laden is dead (the Mission Accomplished Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KrayzieBuddha

英雄豪傑

The election isn't this week. Or next week. Or this year.

Also, he was killed today.

Bullshit.

I said I heard from someone that Osama was killed a week ago but the White House took this as an advantage and stated that Osama got killed today, so the people can re-elect Obama.
And besides, just because Osama is dead doesn't mean the War on Terror is over. There be someone out there willing to take his place. The world needs both good and evil.

Ethan

Banned
No one is saying or believes the war on terror is over. As to why you feel the need to remind people of that fact is unbeknown to me. In war you celebrate the victories, this is one of those times.

There's no reason why people shouldn't be happy or excited. Stop being negative.

SlipKnoT

I said I heard from someone that Osama was killed a week ago but the White House use this as a advantage so the people can re-elect Obama.
Don't believe everything you hear.

And besides, just because Osama is dead doesn't mean the War on Terror is over.
No one is saying that. (EDIT: see the above)

There be someone out there willing to take his place. The world needs both good and evil.
There will always be evil, there will always be terrorists, that's obvious, but I wouldn't say that the world needs evil. I can think of a lot of words to describe the holocaust, necessary isn't one that comes to mind.

But whatever, this isn't the debate forum.

KrayzieBuddha

英雄豪傑
When I started saying something, people gets butt-hurt.

Peter Quill

star-lord
Happy he's gone, not gonna lie. I'm still very offput by the people dancing in the streets though. I don't think he deserves any dignity with death. However, people parading and chanting in the streets is just, well, tactless and gross. Chanting all this stuff? Sure, be happy, but... ugh, it just leaves the worst possible taste in my mouth.

Also, the speech was well done. He knows how to say a speech for sure.

Ememew

Emerald Mew
I said I heard from someone that Osama was killed a week ago but the White House took this as an advantage and stated that Osama got killed today, so the people can re-elect Obama.
And besides, just because Osama is dead doesn't mean the War on Terror is over. There be someone out there willing to take his place. The world needs both good and evil.

Um . . . why would postponing the news for one week make any difference politically, positively or negatively?

Anyway, I don't think the world "needs" evil. It's always going to be there, but that doesn't make it a necessity.

SlipKnoT

Ethan, are you sure Osama even existed in the first place, or is he a scapegoat that required switching out?

Frankly, I'm with the conspiracy theorists right now. Anyways, he was just some weirdo in a cave, 9/11 or not.
That-

You said:
I live here, but could care less about the news or politics.
explains a lot.

Also, he didn't live in a fucking cave, he had a massive compound. Please, stop talking.

Moogles4ever said:
Happy he's gone, not gonna lie. I'm still very offput by the people dancing in the streets though. I don't think he deserves any dignity with death. However, people parading and chanting in the streets is just, well, tactless and gross. Chanting all this stuff? Sure, be happy, but... ugh, it just leaves the worst possible taste in my mouth.
Death can be a good thing. ex. Hitler, Jerry Falwell, etc.

Congratulations America, it only took you approximately ten years.

Hilarious.
Not really the fault of America as a whole, or Obama for that matter.

Adrexus

Do it the bird way!
Wow, it was only when I was nine that the U.S. was attacked on 9/11 and I was too young to remember. But now I am 19 and I will be able to remember this day for years to come. Truly an incredible day in American history.

It does feel kind of weird though celebrating a man's death, but after all those people killed on 9/11 and those who fought in the middle east, it does somehow feel right to have some joy in the fact that this terrorist was brought to justice.

Charmander#4

Dating Rosie Palms?
Wow, it was only when I was nine that the U.S. was attacked on 9/11 and I was too young to remember. But now I am 19 and I will be able to remember this day for years to come. Truly an incredible day in American history.

America, people. Put a bunch of hobos with shotguns in charge of a country and this is what you get.

SlipKnoT

What, are you mad or something?
Yeah, actually, extreme ignorance annoys me a bit.

It does feel kind of weird though celebrating a man's death, but after all those people killed on 9/11 and those who fought in the middle east, it does somehow feel right to have some joy in the fact that this terrorist was brought to justice.
Solid post.

America, people. Put a bunch of hobos with shotguns in charge of a country and this is what you get.

Jackass.
I actually agree with you there.

NimhShambler

Some Broke Machine
I have to say, I hope they show his corpse on TV so I can moon it.

I was 12 when he killed all those people(Though it wasn't him directly, he was the one responsible). I saw it happen live while at school. I thought it was a trailer for a new action movie. I said it was "cool." I still feel ashamed about that, even though I didn't know it was really happpening until the first tower came down.

He's going to be really surprised when he wakes up to see no virgins waiting for him to defile them...Have fun in Hell. Say "hi" to Hitler for me.

mew801

Well it's about time. Good riddance IMO. I mean of course there are always going to be terrorists, we can't change that, but at least that's one less that we have to worry about.

Status
Not open for further replies.