• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Osama bin Laden is dead (the Mission Accomplished Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

thewookie1

Ding Dong the Witch is Dead
the Witch is Dead
the Witch is Dead

Ding Dong the Wicked Witch is Dead!!

Willow's Tara

The Bewitched
Since the last thread was closed, I will just put my post here if that's alright.

Well this is good news, although I have never been one for celebrating someone's death (I still don't agree with Guy Fawkes Day in Britain, weird holiday), but it is a good thing.

Although terrorism will never be over, and it will probably just continue on being bad as it is or even worse, and one day either that or Mother Nature herself will take the planet out.

It does make me concern though, since he's dead do you think any of his followers (He has followers? O.O That is just as sick) would try some sort of revenge? If it does I hope Obama has something to combat that, and that's considering if they attack the US and not another place (Which scares me even more).

chuboy

<- It was THIS big!
$500 says we will still have to our anuses inspected at the airport for nail clippers and any liquids that aren't stored in containers of no greater than 100mL capacity.

I mean, this is a big deal because terrorism is going to decrease now, isn't it? So we don't need this absurd security, right? Anyone? Hello?

I'm going to go out on a whim here and offend every American but... +1 to Charmander#4's post. srsly

SlipKnoT

Well it's about time. Good riddance IMO. I mean of course there are always going to be terrorists, we can't change that, but at least that's one less that we have to worry about.
You win the thread.

It does make me concern though, since he's dead do you think any of his followers (He has followers? O.O That is just as sick) would try some sort of revenge? If it does I hope Obama has something to combat that, and that's considering if they attack the US and not another place (Which scares me even more).
It's very possible, but it's been reported here in the US (I believe on CNN or MSNBC) that the government has been prepared for that for several months/years, though I'm not totally sure, so take that with a grain of salt.

Also, cool fact: Hitler died on April 30th, 1945, and Osama Bin Laden died on May 1st, 2011.

SlipKnoT

Celebrating death, and one that will have no bearing on anything at that, is idiotic. Calling it a historic event that will be remembered is even more so.
The fact that this is a historic event is inarguable, the face of terrorism in America and around the world was just murdered. If you were to turn on the news in the US now you'd see people in the streets at ground zero and in front of the White House dancing, singing, and waving American flags. You cannot say that they don't care, that it's forgettable, it may be that to you, but to most Americans that couldn't be farther from the truth.

$500 says we will still have to our anuses inspected at the airport for nail clippers and any liquids that aren't stored in containers of no greater than 100mL capacity.
Airport security won't change.

I mean, this is a big deal because terrorism is going to decrease now, isn't it? So we don't need this absurd security, right? Anyone? Hello?
Not necessarily.

Last edited:

Charmander#4

Dating Rosie Palms?
The fact that this is a historic event is inarguable, the face of terrorism in America and around the world was just murdered. If you were to turn on the news in the US now you'd see people in the streets at ground zero and in front of the White House dancing, singing, and waving American flags. You cannot say that they don't care, that it's forgettable, it may be that to you, but to most Americans that couldn't be farther from the truth.

Hence why I feel compelled to talk crap about America.

Laser Shuckle

lol @ osama's life having no bearing on anything.

go tell that to the president, the legions of al queada such as the ones who fought for him on his final day, and the american forces who risked their lives to take him out, along with the thousands around the world who are celebrating.

SlipKnoT

Why is that off?
I get why they did it, but I would think that they'd hold onto his body for a bit longer, at least take a few pictures (to be fair, they might be waiting to release them). Though, if they did hold onto the body, thus ignoring Islamic law, it could provoke his followers, so on that level I understand.

lol @ osama's life having no bearing on anything.

go tell that to the president, the legions of al queada such as the ones who fought for him on his final day, and the american forces who risked their lives to take him out, along with the millions around the world who are celebrating.
Fixed.

Actually, could be billions, ionno.

7 tyranitars

terrorism is from all times, but is sure is nice to hear that guy is finaly death, basicly just woke up and saw my mom watching the news, usualy something big happened, anyway I would still like to see his body, if not we will wait a month or 2 that narcistic freak will prob put up a vid if he is still alive

cantab

Obama is claiming bin Laden is dead. We've no independent confirmation of that. I don't think the Americans would lie, but I do think they could be mistaken.

I'll believe he's dead when Al-Qaeda say he's dead. (Of course, they might lie.)

kaiser soze

Reading ADWD
moral predicament: if in self-defense you kill an enemy who swore to burn you and your allies to the ground, would not negotiate, planned the largest terrorist attack on record (and targeted the same place about 10 years before), as well as bombing 2 embassies, a US warship, and numerous other attacks, is it OK to rejoice that you have managed to remove a threat to your way of life, countless civilians, and world peace? I think so

Jhonny

Officially The Worst
This is a very big deal for American propagandists who have a motive for justifying continued violence abroad. I'm feeling a bit sunny about the whole thing so I'm just blindly thinking that the world ...will be...a little bit...more peaceful....?

Anyways, a douchebag got a bullet in the head.

Status
Not open for further replies.