• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Osama bin Laden is dead (the Mission Accomplished Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skiks

MUCH RESPECT
I dunno, my bro(who is a computer addict) heard it, and he told me.
At the end of the day, he was scared, the man that blew up America, Madrid and London, was scared of his life. So ironic when you look at it.
Your bro is misinformed. Bin Laden took a random woman hostage not related to him. I don't recall her dying it's probable she might have.
Anyone knows that the US presidential election is coming up? I think this is all bluff from political perspective. With all the high-tech equipments and with a military force that is envied by the rest of the world, if they wanted Laden dead, they could have done so 10 years back right after 9/11. You guys are educated aren't you? How hard was it for them to track him down in a desert riding on a camel? Overall, Laden is nothing but a made up figure for US political and economic gain.

If he's really dead, I won't believe a single word unless I see sufficient proofs of his DNA test result.
Are you Donald Trump? I think you're being a tad paranoid.

Last edited:
people should learn the difference between something being a "conspiracy" and them "thinking for themselves" and them just nitpicking and trying to pull out bull that isn't there.

i agree that it's suspicious that Osama Bin Laden's photos were never taken and there was no real news coverage of his burial at sea, and it's rather convenient that it was yes, at sea... but i wouldn't say that alone is enough for some kind of conspiracy to be taken out of it. i can understand not burying him in the ground. but the fact they just threw him in the ocean with no coverage of it just seems odd to me.
but maybe i'm the one being paranoid now.

Exodd

Even with a photograph out, there would probably still be people claiming the picture was faked or there was a body double used or something like that.

Skiks

MUCH RESPECT
Obviously conspiracy nuts will never let this rest but we can let them keep believing what they want along with Elvis still being around or whatever else they tend to come up with.

Noheart

The Abysswalker
people should learn the difference between something being a "conspiracy" and them "thinking for themselves" and them just nitpicking and trying to pull out bull that isn't there.

^^^this

I guess not trusting the media and everything I hear makes me a conspiracy nut, then. What got me started thinking about it was that Osama was said to have been buried accordingly to Islamic custom, when he was not. One lie after another, as usual...

Skiks

MUCH RESPECT
I don't get though how people concluded that not showing videos or photos at this time equated to them not existing. Of course the government would take this kind of evidence before a burial.
I think the "Islamic burial" may have just referred to cleaning his body.

(P.O.K.E.M.O.N)

AshXSerena = Canon
R.I.P osama bin ladin a great amercian hero who will be missed by all i hope you rest in peice you were 1 heck of a bloke <3

i dont get all the hate for obama i mean osama he was just an ordanary bloke who liked killing muslims and amercian's he was tyring to live a decent life tyring to take amercia down and you have to stop him SHAME ON U!!!

Skiks

MUCH RESPECT
R.I.P osama bin ladin a great amercian hero who will be missed by all i hope you rest in peice you were 1 heck of a bloke <3

i dont get all the hate for obama i mean osama he was just an ordanary bloke who liked killing muslims and amercian's he was tyring to live a decent life tyring to take amercia down and you have to stop him SHAME ON U!!!
0/10
Nice try though.

Dr. Leggs

Astral Cowboy
The Muslim burial tradition is to bury the body within 24 hours. What part of what was done doesn't coincide with that?

11DBHK

Banned

ordinary. other than the fact he was odviously a complete lunatic who is responsible for a whole **** load of problems.

Noheart

The Abysswalker
That the body wasn't buried, it was thrown into the sea. Some muslims actually found that offensive (source). Although Osama was basically the face of terrorism for a while, I wouldn't let that make me think that his body would be used as some holy shrine or something.

Last edited:

(P.O.K.E.M.O.N)

AshXSerena = Canon
ordinary. other than the fact he was odviously a complete lunatic who is responsible for a whole **** load of problems.

yes but thats on the outside no one ever gave him a 2nd chance and let him show his true loving nurturing side to the public osama bin ladin could have been a great men but in my eye's he was a true amercian hero a great leader a men who wouldn't take No plus he's a turbon version of obama

11DBHK

Banned
yes but thats on the outside no one ever gave him a 2nd chance and let him show his true loving nurturing side to the public osama bin ladin could have been a great men but in my eye's he was a true amercian hero a great leader a men who wouldn't take No plus he's a turbon version of obama

*Facepalm*

Last edited:

Dr. Leggs

Astral Cowboy
That the body wasn't buried, it was thrown into the sea. Some muslims actually found that offensive (source). Although Osama was basically the face of terrorism for a while, I wouldn't let that make me think that his body would be used as some holy shrine or something.

The body wasn't "buried" on land because no other nations would take custody of it. Yes, some Muslims found that offensive, but your argument was that they lied about burying the body in a traditional Islamic manner; burying it within 24 hours of the death. A burial at sea is still a burial.

Noheart

The Abysswalker
The body wasn't "buried" on land because no other nations would take custody of it. Yes, some Muslims found that offensive, but your argument was that they lied about burying the body in a traditional Islamic manner; burying it within 24 hours of the death. A burial at sea is still a burial.

Burial within 24 hours isn't the only Islamic custom, though.

According to Islamic teachings, the highest honor to be bestowed on the dead is giving the deceased a swift burial, preferably before sunset. Those who die while traveling at sea can have their bodies committed to the bottom of the ocean if they are far off the coast, according to Islamic tradition.

"They can say they buried him at sea, but they cannot say they did it according to Islam," Mohammed al-Qubaisi, Dubai's grand mufti, said about bin Laden's burial. "If the family does not want him, it's really simple in Islam: You dig up a grave anywhere, even on a remote island, you say the prayers and that's it."

Dr. Leggs

Astral Cowboy
The statement was that he was buried within 24 hours of death, which is an Islamic tradition. The statement was not that every single factor of the burial coincided with Islamic tradition.

You claimed that they did not bury him in Islamic tradition, which they did; they buried him swiftly.

It doesn't matter if other Muslims are upset by this. They did not lie about burying him in the Islamic tradition. They are not giving out false information about the nature of his burial.

What aren't you understanding?

Noheart

The Abysswalker
The statement was that he was buried within 24 hours of death, which is an Islamic tradition. The statement was not that every single factor of the burial coincided with Islamic tradition.

You claimed that they did not bury him in Islamic tradition, which they did; they buried him swiftly.

You seem to be confused, I didn't claim this, iconic islamic figures did. If you read the quote above.

The thing is, Islamic burials are supposed to have "every single factor of the burial coincided with Islamic tradition". There is no nitpicking at it, it's all or nothing.

It doesn't matter if other Muslims are upset by this. They did not lie about burying him in the Islamic tradition. They are not giving out false information about the nature of his burial.

Uh, what? I just proved they did lie. On fox news, CNN, all those big bad news names did.

What aren't you understanding?

I'm not understanding how you can't see the point I'm trying to get across.

Status
Not open for further replies.