• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Oshawott's Lost Scalchop (690)

Venomfang

Perky Goth
Nah, I think that title belongs to the Gothitelle episode.

Nah, I kinda liked that one because Gothitelle is cute in an ugly way.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
Worst episode of BW is The Bloom Is On Axew.

Why isn't this on youtube!? It looks decent, from the photos. I love how Oshawott went through all that just to have Axew nonchalently find it at the end.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
Meh worst chapter of BW is the Gothielle one, by far, it was basicly the only one I didn't bother watching the subbed version even though I still downloaded it.

magicallypuzzled

if anything this and the other episodes focusing on oshawott just prove that it won't be take a more important part latter on. the writers always do this they focus on one pokemon almost exclusively and then thats pretty much it for that pokemon. Oshawott is getting his early on he'll be taking a back seat later in the series.

hard to say who will end up being the main focus later on in the series such as league time and such. honestly i'd expect pidove or sewaddle since they aren;t being used much at all at this point. Though tepig or scraggy could definetely still be canidates.

Char

7 Inches Of Fun
That guy charging his Blitzle reminded me of Ash charging Pikachu way back :p

Arcamenel

Shiny Hunter
I was only able to find the first half on youtube but I thought it was really cute from what I saw. I like seeing Ash really train his pokemon in different ways other than battling one other. I'd definitely like to see more of that with his other pokes. I really like that Oshawott is learning not to depend on his scalchop so much, that in itself is worth this episode not being a filler in my opinion. It wasn't the funniest or most exciting episode but it did have some parts that made me chuckle. I already loved Oshawott(and I loved him way back when it was first revealed) but this episode made me like it so much more lol. I hope it's the chimchar or treecko of the season. I really wanna see how strong it'll get by the league.

Poke Master 7

Boulder Trainer
This was a good episode. Even though the plot itself had to do with Mijumaru's lost shell, it was nice to see Ash training one of his pokemon in one of his classic ways. Not only that, but the training actually payed off in a noticeable way with Mijumaru's speed having increased greatly from it which is always a good thing to match Ash's style.

I find it kinda funny though how Blitzle suicides itself by running after Mijumaru right into a huge rock. Even funnier since had he not done that, chances are Mijumaru would have crashed anyway since he still can't control Aqua Jet.

And speaking of Aqua Jet, I really hope that Mijumaru's Aqua Jet isn't always going to look like that, cuz it just looks kinda ridiculous with Mijumaru on his back flying backwards, especially since he starts out facing forward. It's no wonder he can't control the damn thing, have you ever tried playing a video game upside down and backwards at the same time?

Chill92

Loveable episode, there were some great development for Oshawott. Sure he didn't learn a new move or perfect Aqua Jet (which surprised me) but he can perfect the move later. But fighting without using the scalchop using speed was a great result of Ash's training (though it wasn't planned lol). Dunno why Dwebble could not make the fake scalchop smaller though. Oshawott looked gangster with the giant rock on his back :D

Moltanic

OTTER MODE ACTIVATE!
I loved that scene where Ash was doing push-ups with Oshawott at his side. Am I the only one who flashedback all the way to EP21, when Ash was giving Pikachu boxing lessons?

Salamandre

So it didn't perfect it, not too bad for the first filler. Even though I've only seen a bit of it, the training montage was good.

The video i saw was still full raw but from what i made out of the episode oshawott's character developed alot. Its still fairly childish but its alot more serious when it comes to battling and more the fact that it's speed literally doubled on this one. As for aqua jet its power probabily increased but control is still lacking, it won by merging with flame charge and slammed into a rock.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, that Joltik had to be the smallest Pokemon I've ever seen. It was the same size as the shell; it's so small you could hold it in the palm of your hand. An average Pokemon egg is big enough to hold about ten of them. Is that how big they normally are, or was that one just that size so they could do that gag with it zapping Oshawott? (really, I miss them having where you can see the size and weight of Pokemon compared to your character in the Pokedex)

Moltanic

OTTER MODE ACTIVATE!
Wow, that Joltik had to be the smallest Pokemon I've ever seen. It was the same size as the shell; it's so small you could hold it in the palm of your hand. An average Pokemon egg is big enough to hold about ten of them. Is that how big they normally are, or was that one just that size so they could do that gag with it zapping Oshawott? (really, I miss them having where you can see the size and weight of Pokemon compared to your character in the Pokedex)
Nope, that's it's real size. Joltik stands at 0'04" which makes it the smallest Pokemon currently in existence.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
I liked this episode. It was charming. Oshawott is always great. I like the battles and the training montage (I can never get enough of that theme.)

Juputoru

M-m-m-m-onobear?!
Man, my throat's sore today. But you know what they say: The best cure for a sore throat is watching a children's cartoon!

-We start with...Ash battling a random dude!
-Blitzle's as adorable as ever. It sounds adorable too!
-Oshawott's positively GLEEFUL about shoving Pikachu out of the way. Ash, meanwhile, seems worried that Oshawott's shellsword(scallsword? Scallchop? HAVE WE AGREED ON A NAME FOR THIS THING YET?) is kind of loose.
-Oshawott seems ten times smugger than it usually is. This can only bode well for it!
-...or not. Its aim with Aqua Jet is still horrid.
-And then Oshawott ran into a rock & probably gave itself a concussion.
-Blitzle and Oshawott square off with Razor Shell and Stomp, and...TEAM OSHAWOTT'S SHELL IS BLASTING OFF AGAIN?!
-I laughed at Oshawott's sheer panic. I may be a terrible person, but...dammit, that was funny!
-Ash runs off, Trainer of the Day is disappointed, then...Cilan saunters in pondering the "case." (maybe trying to calm down TotD? But if that's the case, it doesn't work.)
-Hey GUYS. You might want to help Ash with Oshawott instead of standing around chatting with the fat dude! God, this is almost as bad as when you were all blatently ignoring Iris' search for her lost Emonga a couple eps back.
-Apparently fat dude's agreed to hold off on the battle until tomorrow. Yeah, sure, whatever. Why is he so pissed, anyway? It's HIS POKEMON'S FAULT that Oshawott lost its shell!
-Meanwhile...silly Oshawott, bottlecaps aren't shells!
-Ash and Pikachu arrive and start to help it look, and...silly Ash! Those sparkles were a Joltik, not a shell!
-Oh, now Ash's friends are all caught up with him. Great. How do they expect to find a small shell among the acres of forest & fields, anyway?
-Iris seems like she has a plan? I'm guessing it's her "sixth sense" again.
-...or she's just giving Oshawott an Iapapa berry? How's THAT supposed to help?
-Aww, Oshawott's trying it out as a replacement scallchopswordknife.
-...but alas, it doesn't work that well for blocking Electric attacks. On the bright side, Cilan & Iris seem to think the roasted berry's delicious(and that's the exact word Cilan used. In English.).
-Cilan busts out his crochet(or however the hell you spell it) as the next victim replacement for the shell slicey thingie.
-Oh wait, metal conducts electricity. Now Oshawott's fried again, and Cilan's crying over his fried crochet. (although this time it's his own damned fault that it got wrecked!)
-Cilan sends out Dwebble. What's he planning THIS time?
-Aha! It's carving out a new weapon for the 'wott!
-...that's a pretty huge shell. It's bigger than Oshawott!
-It blocks electricity just fine, but Oshawott can barely lift it! NEXT. (although why Dwebble couldn't just make a smaller rock shell will forever remain a mystery)
-Everyone takes a break from their failures, and Cilan starts babbling about tastes(of course).
-TRAINING MONTAGE! With an instrumental of the OP as BGM!
-Pffft, Cilan and Iris are just GAPING as Oshawott keeps getting blasted back by Thunderbolts.
-Now it's time for a night scene! And...awwww, Oshawott really misses its shell. It's also terrified of getting electricuted!
-And now Oshawott's training all by itself! It may be a pushy, egotistic, occassional-coward of an otter, but it's a determined, pushy, egotistic, occassional-coward of an otter!
-The next day, Ash and co. head off to find the trainer of the day's camp. When they get there...he's using a weird bike to generate more electricity for Blitzle? I don't think that's exactly ethical, but none of the characters seems to have an issue with it, soooo...
-Luckily for Oshawott, extra electricity seems to mean jack squat against a shell made out of solid rock!
-...except for the part where the rock's starting to crack.
-Things aren't looking good, but Ash remember something Cilan said...Ash has a plan, which means that victory is near!
-It turns out that Oshawott's pretty agile!
-Aqua Jet still veers off wildly, but it's still good enough to get Oshawott away from certain doom.
-Oshawott wins!
-...and then Axew runs in with the shellsword. What convenient timing. (I didn't even notice that it wasn't around for the battle. I guess I assumed it was in Iris' hair or something?)

In conclusion: Oshawott is adoooorable.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Aw, what a cute episode. I'm actually glad that Joltik didn't get as much screentime as I thought it would. I was worried that the focus would shift from Oshawott to another Pokemon, but this was totally Oshawott's episode. I thought that the whole stone scalchop thing was overly ridiculous, but I guess that Oshawott was able to use all of that training during its battle with Blitzle. I'm disappointed that it didn't master Aqua Jet, but at least it beat Blitzle and got its scalchop back. There was tons of cool music in this episode and the ending was really adorable, so I'm giving this episode a 10/10.

Venomfang

Perky Goth
The best cure for a sore throat is watching a children's cartoon!

Ah Juputoru, you never cease to make me laugh.

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
Wow, seeing the episode pictures, Pikachu fanning Oshawott and Oshawott in Ash's arms is so cute. I'm glad little Axew found the Scalchop and I'm glad Oshawott won, I hope it gets more wins now.

Salamandre

I wonder if Oshawatt's ever gonna evolve?

well typically pokemon that get character development episodes to themselves do even if it's something unexpected like groovyle getting rejected im just hoping it becomes its final evolution before leagues.